test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (August 29, 2013) [Complete!]

Comments

• robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So no fix to the tailor for when it crashes to desktop whentrying to modify bridge officers uniforms
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,979 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    nagrom7 wrote: »
    I'm gonna get in before the uniform flame war gets too hot and say that I too am going to miss the T'varo cool down thing.

Well at least it will be a welcome change to continually debating new icons :D
  • badvaiobadvaio Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Does this mean we are stuck with those icons ?
  • redshirtthefirstredshirtthefirst Member Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    At our fleet meetings we're required to wear the Fleet uniform, it happens to be a version of the Odyssey. My Romulan character can not participate because she can not wear the Fleet Uniform.

If your fleet is that shallow to not allow you to partake in fleet activities because you cannot wear an uniform they perfectly know you can't due to game mechanics; time to reevaluate your association with them, no?

As far as the change, I tend to agree that a rom should not be able to wear a fed/KDF outfit. Roms are not "part of" either faction, they are allied. As such, they have their own sets of uniforms, they simply are granted access to allied facilities and gears.
    Server not responding (1701 s)
  • sheeplikasheeplika Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    No mail system bug fix?
    This can potentially be the end of game for many...

As I can not receive new e-mails, nor collect my items that have expired on exchange I stopped playing game where I have played the most - Kerrat.
  • mattmiraclemattmiracle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Here was my problem with the removal of the Fleet uniforms (the ones purchased from T3 starbases). As a Romulan Republic Officer, I still had Starfleet (and KDF) officers "on loan" and THOSE were the ones I wanted to wear the Fleet uniform. I am also glad that Cryptic choose to allow the sale for the BOFFs at half price.

My Fleet has a suggested uniform for the different ranks as well but it is NOT required. Some players prefer a different style of uniform and, as Fleet leader, I am not forcing them to wear anything. However, I am requesting that they wear our patch.

Until Starfleet (and KDF) Command [aka Cryptic] dictates that XYZ is the only uniform you can wear, then it's a players choice of what they like. You likes will more than likely be different from someone else's and that is OK.

Matt
    Matt Miracle

Fleet Commander in Chief [Rank 7] for Covenant of Honor; a FED T5 Starbase
    House Leader [Rank 7] for Honorable House of Mor'gue; a KDF T3 Starbase
    Find us at CovenantofHonor.com.  My Twitter handle; @jmattmiracle
  • captainmal3captainmal3 Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    KDF and Federation bridge officers rewarded by duty officers assignment do not have a Train Up option for Romulan captains.

This has been a problem since the faction was released and only NOW it's become a 'known issue'?!
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    what cryptic should do is make a fleet uniform for romulans

Maybe along the lines of ambassador clothes for off duty wear and maybe a diplomats wear for your normal uniform that way your representing the RR and not being forced to dress like a feddy bear or Klink.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,979 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    badvaio wrote: »
    Does this mean we are stuck with those icons ?

in one word yes
    edited August 2013
    the new icons are eyesores imo
  • aiden089aiden089 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    Nniol tr'Keiniadh doesn't "belong to" the Federation's Starfleet - he's a liaison officer from the Romulan Republic. Requiring him to wear the Starfleet uniform would make as much sense as forcing the Canadian liaison officer I worked with at HQ SAC to wear a USAF uniform. (In fact, doing so would have been a violation of Canadian Armed Forces regulations, and I doubt very much that the Captain would have been at all amenable to such an idea...)

I agree, as a Military force there is no way one Independent force/faction would wear the uniform of another. The Romulan's are not members of the Federation/Starfleet, so why would they get to wear the uniform.

What would be better is a Unique Romulan uniform that can be obtained from a fleet tailor.
    Nedya.png
  • embrosilembrosil Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    mrlizardo wrote: »
    It would be nice if Romulan players could have access to C-store ships that were paid for. I'd like some more options on ships to use for them than just what the Republic deems suitable!

Umm, what do you mean? My Fed alligned romulan character has an access to every Fed c-store ship I have bought.
  • captainmal3captainmal3 Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So what about the voice chat channel bug? You know, the one that makes the chat box unusable, and by extension the game largely unplayable for those of us who like to actually talk to each other in this multiplayer game.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm still waiting for the falsely advertised "Unique costume unlock" for KDF tier 3 fleet embassy. My KDF fleet has a fully maxed out tier 3 fleet with everything unlocked, including all vanity upgrades.

A few weeks ago I remembered something about a special embassy outfit. So I go to my fleet embassy and check out the tailor store. What do I see? Only the fleet starbase Bortasqu' uniform. NO special embassy outfit or anything. It even shows in tier 3 embassy that the tailor can be unlocked via a project and when doing so you get a unique costume you can unlock. Hence false advertising! :mad:

Are the fed embassy robes an off duty outfit? My fed fleets don't have tier 3 embassy yet so I can't purchase it at this time. If they are off duty I can understand that holding things up for KDF. But with the start of the summer event, KDF and romulan faction players can now use off duty outfits. So there should be NO excuse not to give us the embassy outfit to purchase.

P.S. Season 7, which brought us the fleet embassy holding, came November 2012. When the first KDF fleets were hitting tier 3, about a couple to three months after the launch of season 7, they reported it way back then that the embassy costume is missing for KDF. Getting close to a year since season 7 launched and this is still not fixed.

P.P.S. AGAIN no fix for the missing soft boots for male federation characters and boffs. :mad:
  • dustrethdustreth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Why is Lobi Store sale not mentioned in the release-notes? At least the poll winner item should be in there right?
  • bumblebushbumblebush Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hey people..Stop giving so much hatred towards Cryptic.

With all the patches, even the smallest ones, Cryptic is doing its best to improve our gaming experience with STO.

And Hell...The way how much free 2 play STO is...you should be happy enough with that,
    Cuz I for sure am.

Keep up the Great work Cryptic, there is players like me who appreciate the work you do and all the patches you bring to STO.

Qapla'

"This is Admiral BumBleBush!..Captain of the U.S.S. Prometheus!..I order you to lower your shields and weapons or ill be forced to fire upon you!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "This is Fleet Commander BumBle!..
    Vice Admiral of the U.S.S. Prometheus!..
    I order you to lower your shields and weapons or ill be forced to fire upon you!!!"
    edited August 2013
    bumblebush wrote: »
    Hey people..Stop giving so much hatred towards Cryptic.

With all the patches, even the smallest ones, Cryptic is doing its best to improve our gaming experience with STO.

And Hell...The way how much free 2 play STO is...you should be happy enough with that,
    Cuz I for sure am.

Keep up the Great work Cryptic, there is players like me who appreciate the work you do and all the patches you bring to STO.

Qapla'

"This is Admiral BumBleBush!..Captain of the U.S.S. Prometheus!..I order you to lower your shields and weapons or ill be forced to fire upon you!!!"

Well the problem is that I came back a after three years, yet I am still encountring bugs that were present back in 2010. And beause something is free we should be content with bugs, errors and crashes? Really?
  • kartimozkartimoz Member Posts: 57
    edited August 2013
    Bridge officer stAtions not only missing in the gateway, also in game. Bridge officers left their station very often. Im tired of puting them back on station to use there abilities in space. I guess the bug with department heads and missing bridge officers on the bridge are related to this.

Please fix this old bug because its very annoying to join a STF and have no abilities in your bar.

I agree - whats about this bug? Will it be fixed soon?
    edited August 2013
    embrosil wrote: »
    Well the problem is that I came back a after three years, yet I am still encountring bugs that were present back in 2010. And beause something is free we should be content with bugs, errors and crashes? Really?

I understand all the bugs, crashes, and errors. And your problly right..thats what comes with such a great free 2 play game.

But I play STO almost everyday, and I do not Encounter the problems other players come across.

The only real problem I have, is on occasion and very rarely I get random disconnects.
    But that is easily solved by just re-loging back in.

After reading and seeing what iv been seeing for years with this game is that, I realized that every players experience is different.
    What one player will experience another wont.

And at this point I do not care, cause everytime I play I have a fun and joyful playtime.:)

Thanx for such a great Star Trek game Cryptic!...And keep up the great work.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I order you to lower your shields and weapons or ill be forced to fire upon you!!!"
    edited August 2013
    embrosil wrote: »

The problem is human nature most people wont demand more or better after they have gotten used to mediocrity and in this game that runs rampant.

Cryptic is more concerned in selling keys and shiny stuff then actually fixing the game but as it is this community of gamers have become used to and now like the mediocre game developing.

Some will cite LoR as this great look what they did for the game...imho opinion LoR brought a host of brand new bugs and issues to a game that was already rife with them.

LoR was clearly not ready to go live but they pushed it in anyways the carrier UIs wasnt ready they pushed it through anyways.

Another problem is a complete lack of comunication between devs and players as it is the devs only listen to the accolades not the people asking or wanting better for the game.

What is happening is players voice their concerns abotu bugs and other issues the bug and game issue column is packed full of them....but most never get addressed let alone fixed.

Until this gaming community decides to demand better and figure a way to get Cryptics or PWEs attention about the issues in this game nothing will be done.

As for now the majority is content with mediocrity
  • fabinoudu73fabinoudu73 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Costumes change and commodities placement change in the replicator? What the **** is this ****?

My game crash every single time I beam to new romulus, or when I change sector with any window open and they put a patch for this TRIBBLE?

Wtf?
    edited August 2013
    Costumes change and commodities placement change in the replicator? What the **** is this ****?

My game crash every single time I beam to new romulus, or when I change sector with any window open and they put a patch for this TRIBBLE?

Wtf?

It just cant be on Cryptic or PWE's part.
    For somthing like that to happen has to be all on your part.

Cause like I said..After Years of seeing and reading what I have, every players experience and problems are different.

What your experiencing..Me and other players are not.

Different problems with different players.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fabinoudu73fabinoudu73 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    bumblebush wrote: »
    It just cant be on Cryptic or PWE's part.
    For somthing like that to happen has to be all on your part.

Cause like I said..After Years of seeing and reading what I have, every players experience and problems are different.

What your experiencing..Me and other players are not.

Different problems with different players.

Guess you should read forums a bit then. I'm not alone experiencing this.
  • sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Tailor CTD? I've never had that.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    pupibird wrote: »
    This! It's such a pain! I have already been called a leacher with no chance to explain the STF team, that it just takes me 2 minutes to correct boff & hotbars! :mad:

Maybe you should not queue from ESD then?! Seriously. I always undock first, to see whether all my stations are filled properly, and my tray bar is not messed up. THEN, and only then, do I queue.

On-topic: yeah, would be nice if Cryptic actually *fixed* the empty stations thingy (now wait for the horde of angry enablers, yelling at me for having the audacity to bring up bugs during a maintenance announcement, LOL).
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    edited August 2013
    Then start a new game, get your second boff and try to change his/her uniform.
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    Then you Fleet is silly...
    If you're going to devolve into name calling, and personal attacks, I'm done talking to you about this. Nothing I said affects YOU and the way YOU play the game. You RP your way. I'll RP mine. Thanks. Move along.
    Indeed, an uniform means something. But this is not about some KDF/Fed uniform, it's about the FLEET uniform. Romulans are regular and full members of their respective fleet, and thus Romulans are also required to be able to wear their fleet uniform. It doesn't matter if you're Klingon, Gorn, Nausicaan, Orion, Romulan or Reman. All of them are fighting the same fights together as one fleet. All of them should be able to wear the same uniform, identifying them as equal members of the same group. Stigmatizing Romulans as pariahs within their fleets doesn't help anyone, especially not the Romulans.
    Schneemann93 gets it.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ah yeah, I've had the tailor CTD issue. Quick work around is that when you get a new BOff, don't try to alter their uniform from the initial menu that pops up. Don't rename them, don't alter them in any way, just press OK to have them join your crew. Then you can go back to an actual tailor NPC and make whatever changes you want without getting a CTD. It also doesn't charge you since it still counts that as the first time. It's a quick and dirty work around, but it works 100% of the time for me. Haven't had a tailor CTD since I started doing that.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited August 2013
    Our weekly scheduled maintenance has begun! We expect downtime to last for 2.5 hours and I will post again once it is complete. Thanks!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • purplegamerpurplegamer Member Posts: 1,015 Arc User
    edited August 2013

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=817381

There ya go.
    lan451 wrote:
    Ah yeah, I've had the tailor CTD issue. Quick work around is that when you get a new BOff, don't try to alter their uniform from the initial menu that pops up. Don't rename them, don't alter them in any way, just press OK to have them join your crew. Then you can go back to an actual tailor NPC and make whatever changes you want without getting a CTD. It also doesn't charge you since it still counts that as the first time. It's a quick and dirty work around, but it works 100% of the time for me. Haven't had a tailor CTD since I started doing that.

I thought that might work too, but alas, my latest character is till getting crashes when trying to edit his BOFF's uniform.
This discussion has been closed.