test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (August 29, 2013) [Complete!]

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited August 2013 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday, August 29th, at 7AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to last for 2.5 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Nice patch notes! ..even though not very long. :)
    signwidrona.png
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The standard Odyssey and Bortasqu' Basic Uniforms can no longer be purchased by Romulan captains in their Starbases and Embassies.
    This is unsatisfactory! :mad: If you're going to force Romulans to belong to Federation (or KDF) Fleets, then they need to be able to belong. The whole point of a UNIform is so that the whole organization looks the same. It builds esprit de core.
    Make the Fleet Uniforms (Odyssey and Bortasqu) wearable by Romulan Captains!
    Romulan captains who have already purchased the uniform will continue to be able to use the respective uniform on respective ally bridge officers... The uniform price is half the cost of the normal version.
    No, no, no. When I purchased this, it was for my Captain. There was no warning or note ahead of time that it was restricted to my BOs (which have no Fleet interaction). If you're not going to make it right, that I get to wear it, then I want a refund on my Fleet Credits and Dilithium! :mad:

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • darthpetersendarthpetersen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Bridge officer stAtions not only missing in the gateway, also in game. Bridge officers left their station very often. Im tired of puting them back on station to use there abilities in space. I guess the bug with department heads and missing bridge officers on the bridge are related to this.

Please fix this old bug because its very annoying to join a STF and have no abilities in your bar.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The Bortasqu' uniform happens to have some very nice boots that I was planning on, you know, using on a Romulan character one of these days.

I have to concur. This is unacceptable. Taking away an option that was given to players is wrong and something we cannot tolerate. Irrespective of the cost.
  • schneemann83schneemann83 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Odyssey and Bortas are fleet uniforms. Romulans might not be considered regular members of Starfleet/KDF, but they are regular members of their fleet. Thus they need to be able to wear their respective fleet uniform. That's what I brought the uniform for, not to cloth a few BOs.
  • pupibirdpupibird Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Bridge officer stAtions not only missing in the gateway, also in game. Bridge officers left their station very often. Im tired of puting them back on station to use there abilities in space. I guess the bug with department heads and missing bridge officers on the bridge are related to this.

Please fix this old bug because its very annoying to join a STF and have no abilities in your bar.

This! It's such a pain! I have already been called a leacher with no chance to explain the STF team, that it just takes me 2 minutes to correct boff & hotbars! :mad:
  • sitenodesitenode Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So much for having options... KDF Roms look pretty good in the Bortasqu uniform and you guys already allow Roms to wear some KDF uniform variants.... At least allow those of us who got the Fleet uniforms at full price to at least wear them as that would be fair.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,360 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This is unsatisfactory! :mad: If you're going to force Romulans to belong to Federation (or KDF) Fleets, then they need to be able to belong. The whole point of a UNIform is so that the whole organization looks the same.
    Nniol tr'Keiniadh doesn't "belong to" the Federation's Starfleet - he's a liaison officer from the Romulan Republic. Requiring him to wear the Starfleet uniform would make as much sense as forcing the Canadian liaison officer I worked with at HQ SAC to wear a USAF uniform. (In fact, doing so would have been a violation of Canadian Armed Forces regulations, and I doubt very much that the Captain would have been at all amenable to such an idea...)
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • pupibirdpupibird Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sitenode wrote: »
    So much for having options... KDF Roms look pretty good in the Bortasqu uniform and you guys already allow Roms to wear some KDF uniform variants.... At least allow those of us who got the Fleet uniforms at full price to at least wear them as that would be fair.

Could be there is no option in the system that controles your toons appearance that brings the date of purchase into account :confused:
  • xalexkxxalexkx Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    nothing about the mail system really?
    i'm still deleting mails to reach within 300 :(
    To boldly go where no FAWer has ever FAWed before.
  • purplegamerpurplegamer Member Posts: 1,015 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Does this patch include a fix for the tailor CTD? I don't see it listed.
  • trhrangerxmltrhrangerxml Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm really going to miss my T'Varo fire CD reduction, never knew how it worked until a Dev told me about it, was fun while it lasted (think Aux2Batt, but for everything including special consoles).
    Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again? :D
    edited August 2013
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    ... I will NOT stand up for you people trying to DESTROY the Romulan faction OR by thinking a damned uniform is nothing but causal wear, it means SOMETHING.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~BranFlakes
    At our fleet meetings we're required to wear the Fleet uniform, it happens to be a version of the Odyssey. My Romulan character can not participate because she can not wear the Fleet Uniform.

And that means something too.

This has nothing to do with trying to "destroy the Romulan faction". They aren't much of a faction anyway. I can't help it Cryptic decided to make a half-faction and force us to play Red or Blue. But they did. So when I was FORCED to be a Good Little Feddie, I joined a Fed Fleet and dutifully went directly to purchase the required uniform.

And in their usual half-TRIBBLE ways of not thinking things through they allowed people like myself to buy a uniform that we couldn't even wear, with no way of know it was broken until after we purchased it, of course. And then they decide to "fix" it over three months later.

:mad:

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
    edited August 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    Nniol tr'Keiniadh doesn't "belong to" the Federation's Starfleet - he's a liaison officer from the Romulan Republic...
    Drink the whatever flavor of Kool-aid you want, and RP as you desire. You belong to the Feds.

:P

• schneemann83schneemann83 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    No.

I am tired of this, unless the Romulan Republic managed to join BOTH the Federation and Klingon Empire, that is impossible BTW, they have NO BUSINESSES into wearing a Starfleet or a Klingon Defense Force uniform.

... I will NOT stand up for you people trying to DESTROY the Romulan faction OR by thinking a damned uniform is nothing but causal wear, it means SOMETHING.

Indeed, an uniform means something. But this is not about some KDF/Fed uniform, it's about the FLEET uniform. Romulans are regular and full members of their respective fleet, and thus Romulans are also required to be able to wear their fleet uniform. It doesn't matter if you're Klingon, Gorn, Nausicaan, Orion, Romulan or Reman. All of them are fighting the same fights together as one fleet. All of them should be able to wear the same uniform, identifying them as equal members of the same group. Stigmatizing Romulans as pariahs within their fleets doesn't help anyone, especially not the Romulans.
  • nagrom7nagrom7 Member Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm gonna get in before the uniform flame war gets too hot and say that I too am going to miss the T'varo cool down thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harden up Princess
    Looking for an Oceanic fleet? Check out our website:
    www.ausmonauts.com
  • mrlizardomrlizardo Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It would be nice if Romulan players could have access to C-store ships that were paid for. I'd like some more options on ships to use for them than just what the Republic deems suitable!
    sarkasmo_by_spacepope13-d9rcbjs.jpg

"You seem to have gotten some of your blood in my raktajino. This is unfortunate."
  • yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Still nothing new about the Saucer separation for the Galaxy-X Dreadnought Cruiser or a general "Galaxy-revamp", as part of a bundle... as always.
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    mrlizardo wrote: »
    It would be nice if Romulan players could have access to C-store ships that were paid for. I'd like some more options on ships to use for them than just what the Republic deems suitable!

Yeah, I agree my Federation captain would love to get his hands on a Klingon BOP, and ships I paid for on the KDF side ...I'm tired of Star Fleet telling me I can't fly a BOP, or Battle Carrier. :D
    GwaoHAD.png
  • yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Its unlikely first place you hear about it is on patch notes.
    Hope dies last...
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,360 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Vetinari, your fleet seems to belong to the Feds, since they have such a silly rule about which uniform may be worn to a fleet meeting, but that's not a stricture put in by the Federation Starfleet, nor by Cryptic themselves. My Fleet has a suggested uniform - but on those rare occasions when they actually have meetings, they're happy enough when we just show up. :)

And if Nniol "belongs to the Fed", why can't he fly any Fed ships without laying out Zen?
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    What I want to know is when these stupid Server Disconnects will get fixed?!!??!
  • tyriniussstyriniusss Member Posts: 317 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Commodities above food in the Replicator. Great news for DOFFers! Thank you :)
  • voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Does anyone even remember a time where patches didn't have bugs in them or when Cryptic actually did something that didn't TRIBBLE off a bunch of players?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jeremiahhayesjeremiahhayes Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Does this patch include a fix for the tailor CTD? I don't see it listed.

That's my problem too...and it only started with one of the patches a month or so back...I go to the tailor to try and change the uniform of a Boff and boom...straight to the desk top...then there's the problem about knocking you out if a game constantly...I get disconnected to the point that when it starts it can happen once a minute for several minutes, before I can get back in without another disconnect...there I get taken to the login screen...they need to fix these type of problems before they worry about costume changes!
    There is about as much water on Earth now as there was three billion years ago. But while the amount of water has remained static, the amount of tequila and Triple Sec available for the making of Margaritas has expanded enormously. So you see, we have made progress after all. ~Anonymous
This discussion has been closed.