test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Katee Sackhoff wants to be Harley Quinn?

hawkwing43hawkwing43 Member Posts: 1,701 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Ten Forward
Once we get a NEW Batman movie, and they recast for the Joker. I think we have a winner for Harley Quinn, who IMO SHOULD be part of any NEW project for a Batman story.

What do you guys think?

Katee Sackhoff as Harley Quinn?

http://www.blastr.com/2013-8-21/katee-sackhoff-wants-be-harley-quinn-yes-please
Post edited by hawkwing43 on

Comments

• stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    hawkwing43 wrote: »
    Katee Sackhoff as Harley Quinn?

She's more than capable of bringing the necessary crazy to the table.
  • johnny1051johnny1051 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yes Please. Who do I payoff to make that happen? :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    edited August 2013
    Well, Riddick may be a lateral career move, but it's better that the sy-fy straight to video TRIBBLE I've seen her in. Unfortunately she'll never get another roll like Starbuck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Of course ... she needs a job now :D
    She's one of the stars on the Longmire series, so she has a job. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,360 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    johnny1051 wrote: »
    Well, Riddick may be a lateral career move, but it's better that the sy-fy straight to video TRIBBLE I've seen her in. Unfortunately she'll never get another roll like Starbuck.
    It's not sci-fi, but you really ought to check her out on Longmire. She can definitely play more than just Starbuck...
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    edited August 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    It's not sci-fi, but you really ought to check her out on Longmire. She can definitely play more than just Starbuck...

She didn't do too shabilly during her stint on 24 either.
    edited August 2013
    jonsills wrote: »

I will now, totally love her. Actually saw commercials for that show in the theatre before Star Trek Into Darkness.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Not familiar with her, but that pic shows she has the right expressiveness.

And hey, she's a Star Trek fan; what's not to like?

Quote from imdb:
    I was addicted to the original "Star Trek" when I was growing up, because of my dad. We grew up in St. Helens, Oregon and we weren't allowed to watch a lot of TV. I don't think we even had more than three channels, so it was basically watch "Dynasty" (1981) with my mom, watch "Star Trek" (1966) with my dad, or watch the mating rituals of beavers on OPB [Oregon Public Broadcasting]. So my brother and I watched "Star Trek".
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Very important, though... Does she have the voice of a Harley Quinn?

I have no idea what she sounds like.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • felixhexfelixhex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If she can do the voice, thats a yep from me.
  • cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    She has my vote. I think she can bring the right amount of psycho to the role.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    She certainly looks the part. :D
  • drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited August 2013
    I like Katee Sackhoff, but she just doesn't seem right. Jena Malone (Rocket from Sucker Punch) would be my choice.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
    edited August 2013
    whomever would be cast as Harley, remember she starts as Dr. Harleen Quinzel. So the actress would have to be able to convincingly portray a doctor as well as a complete nut case.

Frankly I'd find any portrayal of Harley more interesting if the doctor persona wasn't jettisoned entirely. I'd want to see bits of the shrink's knowledge seeping out in her dialog.
  • allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 735 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    bluegeek wrote: »
    Not familiar with her, but that pic shows she has the right expressiveness.

And hey, she's a Star Trek fan; what's not to like?

Quote from imdb:

Did you not watch the BSG remake? She played Starbuck.

Back on topic, puke. I couldn't think of a worse Harley Quinn. She may have the crazy look for it. But her mannerisms and voice just don't match. If she ever did become Harley, she needs to be voiced over by Arleen Sorkin. For those of you who don't know who she is. She voiced Harley in the original Batman AS and most of the games.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    johnny1051 wrote: »

Sharknado is some high grade TV man....and Ghost Shark will give Breaking Bad a run for it's money at the Emmys :rolleyes:

if she can pull off a Mistah J then I'm sold
    GwaoHAD.png
    edited August 2013
    Did you not watch the BSG remake? She played Starbuck.

Which is one of the big pluses in her pushing for the Quinn role, especially given the number of meltdowns (and near meltdowns) and general craziness that the Starbuck character went through.
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Sharknado is some high grade TV man....and Ghost Shark will give Breaking Bad a run for it's money at the Emmys :rolleyes:

I'm fairly certain that she wasn't in Sharknado.
  • yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I like her.
    Every chance to see her would be appreciated. :)
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
    edited August 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »

if she can pull off a Mistah J then I'm sold

"Last Sentinel" was the masterpiece I was speaking of. One of those films you watch if you love her, but prepare to FF a lot. :D

Also, kudos for using "Ghost Shark" together in a sentence with "Breaking Bad" and not making the universe explode :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,644 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm befuddled by the negativity over at Blastr. I think Sackhoff as The Harlequin would be pure win. Now what would be interesting is an actual Super Villain film. Where the Superhero is supporting cast. ;)
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
    edited August 2013
    psiameese wrote: »
    Now what would be interesting is an actual Super Villain film. Where the Superhero is supporting cast. ;)

*cough*Megamind*cough* :P