test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Star Trek Seattle

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited August 2013 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Heading to the official Star Trek Seattle Convention this weekend? Read more to learn about how you can obtain a special in-game Duty Officer and character title for attending.

Click here to read more.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I wait for the day it says "Star Trek Somewhere Else"
  • empireofsteveempireofsteve Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You should have been at the PNE one last year in Vancouver...
    NERF CANNONS - THEY NEED A 50% NERF
    CRUISERS NEED A 206% HULL BUFF
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    this is 4 and a half hours away, why shouldn't I...
  • empireofsteveempireofsteve Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    this is 4 and a half hours away, why shouldn't I...

North or South?
    NERF CANNONS - THEY NEED A 50% NERF
    CRUISERS NEED A 206% HULL BUFF
  • linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Seacouver, Washington

;)
  • wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Heading to the official Star Trek Seattle Convention this weekend? Read more to learn about how you can obtain a special in-game Duty Officer and character title for attending.

Click here to read more.

Soooooooo when are ya'll gonna do something for countries that have fans but don't have conventions like this then???

And before I get flamed back to the underworld from which I came, I ask this because we want to take part in things too but distance and the financial cost of just jetting off to Las Vegas or Seattle is often an issue...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,431 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Would that I had the wherewithal to attend. :(
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • pardusian141pardusian141 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It isn't too far for me to go, but I'm not going. Already have things scheduled for this weekend. Wait....wasn't the last time they had such a doff award also holo-leta?
  • solidneutroniumsolidneutronium Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    When's Star Trek Detroit? For the Detroit STO playas.
    Professional Slider Since 2409

Officially Nerfed In Early 2410
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited August 2013
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    For those of you complaining about Cryptic never making offerings for conventions in your country, why not do something about it?

Send BranFlakes a message informing him that the convention is taking place. The world is a big place, and I'd imagine Cryptic are too busy to spend time hunting down every convention in every country in the world (and I for one am happy for them to spend their time working on the game rather than doing this).

Perhaps this way you can get your DOFF, and the convention might get some exposure (at least on these forums if not the main site) which will help it in the long run.

Worth a thought?

-K
  • faqtimefaqtime Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    9318.82 km .. from my location to Seattle >.> dam make the contest for everybody ...
    CASE WHEN n > 0 THEN 'positive' WHEN n < 0 THEN 'negative' ELSE 'zero' END
  • otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    For those of you complaining about Cryptic never making offerings for conventions in your country, why not do something about it?

Send BranFlakes a message informing him that the convention is taking place. The world is a big place, and I'd imagine Cryptic are too busy to spend time hunting down every convention in every country in the world (and I for one am happy for them to spend their time working on the game rather than doing this).

Perhaps this way you can get your DOFF, and the convention might get some exposure (at least on these forums if not the main site) which will help it in the long run.

Worth a thought?

-K

I know there has been conventions/gatherings in my country, but those are rare from my understanding.

As I live in Europe, it's very expensive to go to the US conventions, and wile there are conventions in Europe, they are often expensive, and at bad times of the year.

If it was a big one in Scandinavia, I would be there, but I have never heard of any big ST conventions in Scandinavia...

The UK might be doable, depending on where it's held...

So, not as easy as you might think for other countries outside the US...
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Wish it was possible to get the leeta doff with a event in game as I cannot get to any of these conventions :(
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    otowi wrote: »
    I know there has been conventions/gatherings in my country, but those are rare from my understanding.

As I live in Europe, it's very expensive to go to the US conventions, and wile there are conventions in Europe, they are often expensive, and at bad times of the year.

If it was a big one in Scandinavia, I would be there, but I have never heard of any big ST conventions in Scandinavia...

I'm outside the US myself. I realise that it's not easy, I was suggesting giving helping hands to Cryptic to make them aware of things going on around the world.
  • solidneutroniumsolidneutronium Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Professional Slider Since 2409

Officially Nerfed In Early 2410
  • reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,172 Arc User
    edited August 2013

The US is a big place, there are lots of places here where they don't have conventions and people who live in those states would have to travel a large distance to attend one as well.

STO has a rather generous convention prize, they don't even have to go to the convention for attendees to get it, making them the only game I'm aware of that hands out their convention prize when they aren't in attendance. Imagine if Las Vegas or San Francisco where you only real options.

If players are someplace there aren't usually conventions, they can try writing to local fan groups and getting a petition together to get a convention added to a region.

At the end of the day convention prizes are for conventions, and if a player can't or won't attend a convention, they don't deserve the prize.
  • mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    tacofangs wrote: »

I do not consider Chicago to be a town near me. StL or bust!
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    North or South?

east______
  • akalexiorakalexior Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm only about 50 miles from Seattle.

But I'm busy those two days. -.-
  • wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm outside the US myself. I realise that it's not easy, I was suggesting giving helping hands to Cryptic to make them aware of things going on around the world.

My post was regarding people like me who live in countries where we do not have ST Conventions at all...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • ravinravin Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited August 2013

I don't think it has to be a Star Trek convention, I'm pretty sure Cryptic would offer up the DOff for a Sci-Fi Con with a Star Trek presence.

Besides, I know of a fleetie who ended up with a ton of extra code cards from STLV, so you could always hit someone up who attended that con.
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Can you guys, you know, not go skipping off to every freakin Con in the country? No wonder why there's so many bugs, no one's ever in the office. You guys are always off goofing off at Cons and probably getting paid to boot cause it's 'work related'!
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited August 2013
    Can you guys, you know, not go skipping off to every freakin Con in the country? No wonder why there's so many bugs, no one's ever in the office. You guys are always off goofing off at Cons and probably getting paid to boot cause it's 'work related'!

I'm assuming this was a joke, but will respond as though it is not.

No one on the dev team, to my knowledge, has attended any Star Trek Conventions in the past year, other than Las Vegas 2 weeks ago, and San Francisco last November.

Brandon may attend more, I don't know, but for the most part, while we're offering the Holo Leeta Doff at all of these other conventions, it's from afar.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • aaronh42aaronh42 Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    tacofangs wrote: »
    I'm assuming this was a joke, but will respond as though it is not.

No one on the dev team, to my knowledge, has attended any Star Trek Conventions in the past year, other than Las Vegas 2 weeks ago, and San Francisco last November.

Brandon may attend more, I don't know, but for the most part, while we're offering the Holo Leeta Doff at all of these other conventions, it's from afar.

I'm tired of you're excuses Taco!

Next year I want you to attend negative two cons to make up for your wasted time this year.
  • r5e4w3q2r5e4w3q2 Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It doesn't need to be an official Star Trek Convention, Branflakes has posted a couple times how to get a convention reward from a fan convention or a Star Trek panel at a generic Sci-Fi convention. (send a picture of you at the con/panel and a copy of ticket/flyer/something with a date, if I remember correctly)

On the topic of conventions other then the US/UK ones, is ESPATrek (Spain) still around? FedCon seems to be going strong still in Germany. On the other side of the world, Australia/NZ has OzTrek and occasionally panels at Armageddon Expo.

I saw mention of Scandinavia, try http://www.scifiworld.se/ I don't read the language but they have had Star Trek panels in the past.
  • theultimatextheultimatex Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Or at the Wizard World one in Ausin last year. They had the full ST:TNG cast including "Wesley" at that one. I have the expensive $300+ full cast photo to prove it.
  • rpuma83rpuma83 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    NVM. I got it. TYVM :)