test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

BORG COLECTIVE playable faction

jozko8888jozko8888 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
STORY : delta quadrant is under attack by species 8472. One alien has been assimilated, now you are a new Borg drone was send by Borg Queen from Unicomplex. The Borg collective is under attack unknown species The UNDINE and you must/have stop them!

EPISODES : 1.STRONG ENEMY (species 8472 attackers , end-player close transdimesional gate) 2.SECOND POWER (Borg is under attack the Dominion , end - Borgs destroy their army) 3.WE ARE THE BORG (war between Borgs - Federation and Klingons)
4. HIDDEN ENEMY (Romulan s. empire use new weapons against Borg col.)
5. ? . . . etc

OPENING VIDEO : On one planed was be assimilated some alien(human) and now he becomming be a Borg drone - in tutorial you are not fully drone only half and learn assimilating. Your first ship will be Borg Space drone (after probe and other) .

NEW : Borg mind audio (notification,story,battle comments. . .)
Borg implant-hand weapons and assimilation skill
Borg Queen character as we know from film (First contact)
Borg clothes and implants (for Z-store Borg Queen clothes(female) and other. . .
Borg bridges(rooms) and ships (see picture)
Sector block with Unicomplex (Borg capital) . . .
Playable race are Borg (human type) and Borg assimilated alien
New PvP and PvE mission and new currency system (marks)
New Borg style sountracks
At 1-10 levels players can upgrade Borg walk speed
New war zones where Borg s players fight with other and invasion zones
and etc . . .

REQUEST : do it pls. BORG COLLECTIVE must be 4. playable faction !!! and not semi-factions how romulan republic but fully faction as FED nad KDF :cool:

borg_logo_wallpaper_by_shatinn-d5dmytk.jpg

Borg_Fleet.png

__...se_(NX-01).jpg

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs8/i/2005/280/4/f/Borg_Cube_2005_by_Magmarama.jpg
Post edited by jozko8888 on

Comments

• Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    how's about they fix bugs first, before worrying about adding yet another faction?

That said, I would love it if STFs became Borg vs Fed/KDF/Rom pvp xD
    I need a beer.

• Options
    jaffastargatejaffastargate Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I agree.. Borg must be the 4th Playable faction, after all it would be interesting Commanding a Borg cube and other Borg ships. It would be interesting to assimilate other Players just like the the Borg in STFs do :)

I want the Borg to be the next playable faction! :D
    It is Fairly Obvious that They Don't Want me to Stick around.

08E90F14F47C7BC013D19B2D5E9591D78C4185F9
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,109 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    No thank you. Between Voyager and STF's for the reputation.. I have had enough of the Borg.

While I'm against the Spoon heads becoming a player faction I think they will move onto them and do something similiar to them as they have done with the Romulan Republic...

I.E.. Maybe the Spoon heads are having problems with the Mirror Universe... bla bla bla lalala 5 missions done... now join the Feds or KDF!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    jozko8888jozko8888 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    :rolleyes: You will be assimilated and added to the Borg collective too with your FED and KDF + RRW ,or we destroy you species 8472 .
  • Options
    baelogventurebaelogventure Member Posts: 1,002 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The devs already said that the Borg wouldn't be a playable faction, since you...wouldn't actually play a Drone, the game would play it for you like when you're assimilated in ground content.

YOU are not in control of the Drone, THE COLLECTIVE is, and The Collective is just an AI routine ran amok like HAL or Skynet.

I just find it amusing that people actually want to be a tooth on a gear in the machine, rather then being an individual.
  • Options
    dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The Borg collective allied with Starfleet and /or the KDF maybe should only be playable by Lifers as they are the only people with access to the Lib borg species anyhow. Cant see them adding a faction for only a small group of players though.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • Options
    kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited August 2013
    LOL

and I though spawning next to a couple of Scimitars outside ds9 was bad imagine the collision box on a couple of borg cubes :P

It was stated that we won't ever be able to play an evil faction, aka no Tal Shiar alliances.
    and the new romulan mini-faction would be the blueprint for adding other factions into game so they could mesh with the overall storyline. How exactly would anyone be welcoming the Borg into a Fed/Kdf faction after all the destruction they have caused? How would you mesh them with the current storyline remove borg STFs? Khan,"we are all one big happy family"?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Let me get this straight: first you make a thread where you ask when the Borg Collective will be playable

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=837391

and people tell you it won't because Cryptic already said they won't make an evil faction.
    So just a couple of days later you make ANOTHER thread where you ask them to make the collective playable.
    Which part of the word NO do you not understand?
  • Options
    vampirialvampirial Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I had an idea about this a while back where a playable borg would be viable, in that their tutorial starts your controlled by the ai just like when you are assimilated, then the cube your on is attacked by a party of Hugh-like borg who are trying to free other Borg, they capture and free you then you are "liberated" albeit still very much borg, now you start playing borg aligned missions such as liberation runs and assimilating new crew from existing borg.

That way your a full borg but arnt part of the collective, perhaps you are a collective of your own but of liberated minds. And your not a bad guy and can also do mishs and stfs that exist now.

New powers

Adaption: weakened by their separation their adaption is now only a slight resistance that improves the more times struck by one energy type but this only stacks to 5 and disappears after a timer then would have to build resistance again also you can only resist one energy type at a time.

Assimilation: a temporary short range attack the injects an organic foe with nanites turning them against their own team for a limited time.

New Kits

The borg kits are visually different as they change the exoplating on your character for each purpose, (e.g. Tactical Borg would have heavy exoplating whereas a medical drone would have less so)

Weapons

Borg weapons would be new prosthetics or armor additions for differant purposes.

Ships

Ships would range from heavily assimilated ships such as defiant or warbirds etc as well as borg spheres and cubes
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Member Posts: 3,085 Arc User1
    edited November 2013
    No playable Borg, thank you.

They're already overdone in ST universe. Their ships are plain boring. Their faction has no personality.

And there is no individual borg. If you aren't part of the Collective, you are no longer the Borg.
    misterde3 wrote: »
    Let me get this straight: first you make a thread where you ask when the Borg Collective will be playable

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=837391

and people tell you it won't because Cryptic already said they won't make an evil faction.
    So just a couple of days later you make ANOTHER thread where you ask them to make the collective playable.
    Which part of the word NO do you not understand?

^This.
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    A, this isn't even the right forum. B, it doesn't make sense from a story standpoint. C, Cryptic has flat-out said they're not making any evil factions. D, Cryptic has flat-out said they're not making any Borg factions either. E, learn to freaking spellcheck.

The horse is dead. Stop beating it.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    No kidding. The Borg are a glorified Bee colony (ant colony before First Contact). There is no individuality. There is NO CHOICE. You do as you are commanded without complaint. Only the Queen has any choice, and even that is debateable. There is only ONE voice in the collective, and it tolerates no other views.

Anyone who thinks it is possible to play a drone with a personality doesn't understand what the Borg are. Automitons. Nothing more. Might as well play a MINDLESS zombie. People really need to think about what they are asking for when they idealize the Borg.
  • Options
    lincolninspacelincolninspace Member Posts: 1,843 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    C'mon Cryptic. Lets do this! Heres how. Make the Borg the only one player faction. Thats it one person gets to roll as the Borg Queen and command an army of drones. This spot goes to the highest bidder (Or put it up on the c store for 500,000 Z or whatever is profitable) with one more spot going to a Locutus.
    A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM
    Parallels: my second mission for Fed aligned Romulans.
  • Options
    davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    C'mon Cryptic. Lets do this! Heres how. Make the Borg the only one player faction. Thats it one person gets to roll as the Borg Queen and command an army of drones. This spot goes to the highest bidder (Or put it up on the c store for 500,000 Z or whatever is profitable) with one more spot going to a Locutus.

If you do that, you might as well make it the reward for comming in at the top of the PvP pile. They were talking about insituting a PvP scoreboard at some point. Your suggestion could be the reward for that top spot.

And this is the only way I would ever seriously seriously consider supporting a Borg faction. For one player and one player only.
  • Options
    lincolninspacelincolninspace Member Posts: 1,843 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    davidwford wrote: »
    If you do that, you might as well make it the reward for comming in at the top of the PvP pile. They were talking about insituting a PvP scoreboard at some point. Your suggestion could be the reward for that top spot.

And this is the only way I would ever seriously seriously consider supporting a Borg faction. For one player and one player only.

That was sarcasm...

The only Borg faction we could get is a liberated Borg faction. Its not much of a stretch, we already have liberated boffs.
    A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM
    Parallels: my second mission for Fed aligned Romulans.
  • Options
    o0kami87o0kami87 Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    1)no, just no, the Borg have no individuals and thus no room for you.
    2) Cryptic has stated no many times in the past
    3)one of the two perks exclusive to a lifetime subscription is being able to play on one of the current factions as a Liberated Borg, you want to be Borg, buy a lifetime sub like the rest.
    First, Vice Admiral, U.S.S. Wolf Pack-F, NX-101687-FFirst., Vice Admiral, A.R.W. Moon WolfWolf, I.K.S. Frost Bite
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Member Posts: 3,085 Arc User1
    edited November 2013
    You are an enlisted officer, but you are a person. Within Fed or KDF.

The Borg drones aren't even a people, but one personality across them all.

When you are liberated, you are no longer the Borg.

Already available Liberated Borg species does it well enough.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    First: No.
    Second: Those Borg fanships in the OP look hideous.
    Third: No.

It's bad enough what Voyager did to the Borg. There is no "Queen" as well, the Borg are a hive mind. Any attempt to personalize them hurts. Baaad.

I would however settle for a kind of "monster play". Let people temporarily control a cube in a big PvEvP fleet action. It doesn't matter how it wouldn't make sense, just from a gameplay point of view it would make for interesting matches.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Am always reminded of this post, from another thread on the same subject, when these threads pop up:

lizwei wrote: »
    If you actually played a proper Borg character on a proper Borg ship, YOU wouldn't be in control of anything.
    You'd be the drone in the bowels of the ship who's job it is to stand in an alcove for half a day, stick it's arm implant into the Borg coffee machine to make it work, ignore intruders and then be the one who gets shot so the other drones can adapt.

:D

Says it all really.

HMM makes me wonder what a Borg coffee tastes like...and what kind of options their Mr. Coffee provides.

-Cream
    -Sugar
    -Microfibers
    -Eyepiece
    -Nanoprobes

...?
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Let's put it like this - when you ask for a coffee that resembles an oil slick, they take it literally.

They can't...Neelix has stolen their entire stock of the stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqEPY8KQABY

:P
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I think this thread now needs to get shunted over to the loony bin--erm, Ten Forward.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    jedih1jedih1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The devs already said that the Borg wouldn't be a playable faction, since you...wouldn't actually play a Drone, the game would play it for you like when you're assimilated in ground content.

You could play as one of the collectives' command drones like locutus who is mostly self aware just has no emotions.

Or maybe you could play as a Borg who is a member of a group of drones who escaped the collective due to a software glitch.

That decided to start a small collective were everyone is self aware and they decide to try to destroy the old borg collective so that no one has to go through what they went through.

However for efficiency's sake they share their knowlage via assimilation and still use borg vessels (modified to not respond to the old collective).
  • Options
    azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I vote no playable Borg collective. I'm fine with liberated drones as part of other factions, but the collective should be off limits.

If this game is to have another faction, it should be Cardassian/Dominion.

Hey hey now!

BAD ZOMBIE BAD GO BACK TO THE GROUND!

Seriously folks, if a thread hasn't been responded to in 30 days please don't bring it back up :( If you feel you need to continue the thread by all means make a new one! :)

/Closed

~Askray
This discussion has been closed.