test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

There has to be a better way to do this

gholendhorgholendhor Member Posts: 447 Arc User
edited August 2013 in PvP Gameplay
I dread doing any PVP.I know My ship isn't the biggest or the best around and probably isn't set up for it's full potential,but I'm sick and tired of being blown up in 1 to 2 seconds by a single volley.whats worse when I do get a chance to fire at my opponent,my best shot doesn't even weaken his shields.Now to get to my point,there has to be a way to make sure you are set up against players that are somewhat equal to you in strength.some sort of battle rating that is assigned to you,determined by what level you are,what equipment your ship has,and what ship you are in.I don't know the method in witch you use to set up the teams for PVP,but it always seems the veteran PVP players,always get teamed up together.Most times these players are those who spend lots of money to get their ships to be super ships.leaving the players who try to round out a ship with just the resources of what they get from episode missions,reputation system, and lucky finds on the exchange to be just target practice.I think the PVP part of the game needs an overhaul A.S.A.P.
Post edited by gholendhor on

Comments

• thisslerthissler Member Posts: 2,055 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    gholendhor wrote: »
    I dread doing any PVP. I know my ship isn't the biggest or the best around and probably isn't set up for its full potential, but I'm sick and tired of being blown up in 1 to 2 seconds by a single volley. What's worse is when I do get a chance to fire at my opponent my best shot doesn't even weaken his shields.

Now to get to my point there has to be a way to make sure you are set up against players that are somewhat equal to you in strength. Some sort of battle rating that is assigned to you determined by what level you are, what equipment your ship has, and what ship you are in. I don't know the method you use to set up the teams for PVP. It always seems the veteran PVP players get teamed up together.

Most times these players are those who spend lots of money to get their ships to be super ships. This leaves the players who try to round out a ship with just the resources of what they get from episode missions, reputation system, and lucky finds on the exchange to be just target practice.

I think the PVP part of the game needs an overhaul A.S.A.P.

In the meantime, I cleaned up your post a bit.

I did not point out any of the more obvious solutions. Why spoil the thread? :rolleyes:
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Create and advertise a "Not Super Ship PvP" channel. Cryptic's not going to do it for you...everybody should realize that by this point. Player's will have to take the initiative. Some players have taken that initiative with both the OrganizedPvP channel and the Tyler Durden channel. If neither of those suit your needs, create another channel to organize matches that do.

Some might say that if players keep organizing all of these channels, that PvP ends up private matches all the time, that Cryptic might notice the queues drying up and address the various issues that many players have raised...don't laugh at them, they're new.
  • jpf2012jpf2012 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    its been said many times many ways , IF you q in a pvp solo you will be most likely stomped by the other team , if you join one of the 2 channels opvp or tyler durden you will get a good round of pvp , I'm nearly always trying to get a kdf pvp team together and mostly succeed in this , make freind's and go forth and pew pew!!!

33 post's anti forum here lol
  • alax2011alax2011 Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Cryptic might notice the queues drying up and address the various issues that many players have raised...

Umm no, they will be like...
    Hey look, noone is doing pvp anymore...
    GOOD, lets now focus all our efforts into pve
    Wait, isnt that what we do now?
    Oh yea LOL
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    alax2011 wrote: »
    Umm no

Which is why the uncropped version of what I said read as it did...
  • talzerotwotalzerotwo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    gholendhor wrote: »
    I dread doing any PVP.I know My ship isn't the biggest or the best around and probably isn't set up for it's full potential,but I'm sick and tired of being blown up in 1 to 2 seconds by a single volley.whats worse when I do get a chance to fire at my opponent,my best shot doesn't even weaken his shields.Now to get to my point,there has to be a way to make sure you are set up against players that are somewhat equal to you in strength.some sort of battle rating that is assigned to you,determined by what level you are,what equipment your ship has,and what ship you are in.I don't know the method in witch you use to set up the teams for PVP,but it always seems the veteran PVP players,always get teamed up together.Most times these players are those who spend lots of money to get their ships to be super ships.leaving the players who try to round out a ship with just the resources of what they get from episode missions,reputation system, and lucky finds on the exchange to be just target practice.I think the PVP part of the game needs an overhaul A.S.A.P.

try this http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=819741&page=12
    [SIGPIC]http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5[/SIGPIC]
    Chillax. No Ego. No Drama.

Like my alien? Watch THE VIDEO
    Need custom graphics for you or your fleet? Click HERE