test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Azure Nebula Rescue: Under the base

luciendaiskaluciendaiska Member Posts: 4 Arc User
So I know I'm going to get flamed for this but I really don't care. Most all of us have recently been in an Azure Nebula Rescue and one of the people on the team insists on flying under the asteroid bases to stay out of combat range and yet somehow free the ships.

Maybe no one else but me finds this annoying as hell, but then again I'm sure there are some of you that do. Strategies are one thing, learning what works the best to clear the Tholians and free the imprisoned ship.

But really? You want to be so cheap that you use what is most likely an exploit or at least a bug to "get marks fast"? When the most you can get is 24 marks in the first place? Even in a group with weak DPS you can cap out at 24 marks without resorting to this.

Oh and to all you people that see no harm in this, I would also like to point out that while EC is very easy to come into, some of us use stf/event runs to help supply our fleet mates with gear if they need it or to augment our own EC income. Having people free the ships without a fight, meaning no loot drops happen, is quite annoying.

I really hope they do something about this, either fix the problem or actually enforce consequences for people that want to do stupid TRIBBLE like this.
Post edited by luciendaiska on

Comments

• badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So I know I'm going to get flamed for this but I really don't care. Most all of us have recently been in an Azure Nebula Rescue and one of the people on the team insists on flying under the asteroid bases to stay out of combat range and yet somehow free the ships.

Maybe no one else but me finds this annoying as hell, but then again I'm sure there are some of you that do. Strategies are one thing, learning what works the best to clear the Tholians and free the imprisoned ship.

But really? You want to be so cheap that you use what is most likely an exploit or at least a bug to "get marks fast"? When the most you can get is 24 marks in the first place? Even in a group with weak DPS you can cap out at 24 marks without resorting to this.

Oh and to all you people that see no harm in this, I would also like to point out that while EC is very easy to come into, some of us use stf/event runs to help supply our fleet mates with gear if they need it or to augment our own EC income. Having people free the ships without a fight, meaning no loot drops happen, is quite annoying.

I really hope they do something about this, either fix the problem or actually enforce consequences for people that want to do stupid TRIBBLE like this.

Not getting their aggro is a bug/exploit?? In a sense, it is actually in the finest sense of Starfleet tradition to solves issues without resorting to violence.

That said, that's the only thing that makes this ****ty-TRIBBLE mission even mildly tolerable. The only mission that is both HARD CAPPED and TIME CAPPED. Lame, should be deleted.
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yeah its really lame and boring way to do it, I hope this gets fixed.

Its faster for me to just wipe out all the guards solo anyway, even the Tarantula I can take out before APA expires.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited August 2013
    Not sure why this mission is capped. Even with amazing DPS it I pretty hard to get more than 40 marks. The funny thing is there is no floor so if your team sucks it can be an amazing waste of time.
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
    edited August 2013
    macronius wrote: »
    Not sure why this mission is capped. Even with amazing DPS it I pretty hard to get more than 40 marks. The funny thing is there is no floor so if your team sucks it can be an amazing waste of time.

Unless it's been changed, it's capped at 18 marks/23 during bonus with spillover turning into fleet marks.

Who knows - there could have been a buff. What bugs me is that the mission continues once you hit the cap. Either time cap it or mark cap it - not both.
  • fmgtorres1979fmgtorres1979 Member Posts: 1,327 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have mixed feelings about it. Though most of the time there isn't really a big deal (usually I see one person at the most in each time I do Azure), there are moments I get really mad when I'm about to blow up a tarantula and it goes away because of "those pacifists" :P
  • captainaramdacaptainaramda Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This is not meant as a flame but.......

You're forgetting the nature of the event. The whole purpose of the mission is to free the Romulan ships and NOT killing Tholians. Re-read the introductory mission briefing. "Time is of the essence. Free the Romulan ships.

I won't even comment on whether or not this is a good mission event. That's completely irrelevant.
  • latiasracerlatiasracer Member Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Unless it's been changed, it's capped at 18 marks/23 during bonus with spillover turning into fleet marks.

Who knows - there could have been a buff. What bugs me is that the mission continues once you hit the cap. Either time cap it or mark cap it - not both.

It's 24 (Non Bonus) and 30 (In Bonus Event) You always seem to get about 5 fleetmarks top at the end.
    warp plasma can't melt neutronium beams
    edited August 2013
    It's 24 (Non Bonus) and 30 (In Bonus Event) You always seem to get about 5 fleetmarks top at the end.

I guess they must have bumped it.

In any case, I'd rather do a Mine Trap, spend a couple more minutes, and have more flexibility and control over how much you get. (And a larger amount, too)
  • foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Bonus event scores you a total of 30 (chosen) marks and the standard 5 fleet marks.

Standard at full "victory" caps at 24 and 5.

Once you hit 20 points you're done. Everything after that is just target practice/accolade farming.
  • architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    . . . I really hope they do something about this, either fix the problem or actually enforce consequences for people that want to do stupid TRIBBLE like this.

I dont do it anymore but I did stupid TRIBBLE like this, freeing Scimitars by myself in 45-60 sec without pew pewing . . . boy I was stupid :D
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • raulblanco7raulblanco7 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited August 2013

That is much more Star Trek what he did, saved the ship without making conflict with an other race, this is what you would see on Star Trek.

Let see what we are doing in every Star Trek Online mission instead of that. Going to somewhere, and just kill everything we meet there. Ok, its a game, would be boring if we always just talking, but for example, i really loved Nagorak's foundry missions, where you are able to play 2-3 hours without fighting against anything, if you answer the correct answer's.
  • djmetal1981djmetal1981 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Being someone who does this, as someone else said it's about strategy and not trying to be a pain. Most times however, I'll try to run off to a spot that no one else on the team is at. Sure, I could sit and fight...blow everything up...but why do that when it's quicker just to release the ship and move on? Cap the points, then blow things up is my motto. If I strictly wanted to blow things up there's the minefield, starbase defense (both 5 and 20) and just about every single other mission. Let us have one mission we actually have to think our way through instead of going all Klingon with it.
    CelSTOsig_zps60r2fa18.jpg
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,545 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Didn't know this was possible. Thanks, OP! Much more efficient to free the ships without fighting.

As to not getting the loot drops...Lots of other missions where shooting things to score loot are better. Much better.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    In any case, I'd rather do a Mine Trap, (And a larger amount, too)

Leech trap is more like it.

I hate that instance, even if it is the best return for rom marks in the queues (besides speed runs on Rh'ihho.

You always get anywhere from 2-5 leeches across the four teams. Often one team will have to 2-man theirs and end up dragging everyone else down because PWE doesnt seem to ever ban leech players.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus