test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What If: Mirror Universe Territory Control

chivalrybeanchivalrybean Member Posts: 9 Arc User
I did not come up with the following ideas wholly, but I added my own thoughts to them.

What if the story comes to a point where KDF and FED are no longer at war?

What if PvP gets fully overhauled? (Hey, I'm an optimist.)

What if there became a full Mirror Universe factions? What if it contained mirror versions of all the factions live in the game at that time?

Each faction would be their own on both sides, as they are now, but what if the Prime Universe was all friends again and could queue together? Same on the Mirror side?

If they could just copy the current content but rework it to be the Mirror universe versions, it would save some of the time to remake content since it would just be adjusted old content. If done right, it would still be fun to play to see how different things are.

Then there could be Prime Universe and Mirror Universe territory control.
Chewson Pwan - VA
S.S. Doff Lundgren
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by chivalrybean on

Comments

• Options
    fredscarranfredscarran Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    In every MMORPG, territorial control game mechanics always come out lacking. So lacking it's laughable and not worth playing for 99% of the players.

So....The solution is to adopt mechanics from Real Time Strategy games.

Now think about Gary's Mod. You can float around and spawn stuff "like whatevah" wherever you want, whenever you want, for no reason whatsoever and player somehow enjoy that. Don't ask me how they can enjoy it, but apparently it's very popular, like Minecraft is popular. *shrugs*

Now think about StarCraft, you can spawn buildings wherever you want just like in Gary's Mod too, but players don't just "spawn whatevah" in random places. Now why is that? RESOURCES----MANUFACTURING---LOGISTICS

Now think about Ultima Online and Star Wars Galaxies. You can spawn buildings wherever you want like in Gary's Mod and StarCraft but there is really no RESOURCE-LOGISTICS limitations, so now you have player buildings all over the place with no logical placement other than putting buildings in high player traffic areas. Coronet becomes completely surrounded by player buildings.

Now we're back to RTS StarCraft game mechanics of RESOURCES---MANUFACTURING---LOGISTICS for the solution. Adopt RTS game mechanics in a MMORPG = AWESOME territorial control game.
  • Options
    emarosa26emarosa26 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It's sadly unlikely though. It's very rare for an MMO to change the status quo.
  • Options
    protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm confused. What does the second post have to do with the first?

As for the suggestion in the OP, I like it.