Install Arc

Lobi Store Promo Voting [Voting has ended]

Comments

• ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    valenn1 wrote: »
    BTW: i miss the vote for "Make Lobi Accountwide"

I vote for this.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • wargillwargill Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I would vote for account wide lobi
    Give me all your latinum... Hew-mon!!
  • valetharvalethar Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    thorodal wrote: »
    *votes for "Put that stuff into the GPL store instead and finally give latinum (which is supposed to be the most valuable stuff in the Trek universe) some meaning over lobi crystals (which canon established as worthless junk anyway)*

It'll never happen. If they put stuff in the GPL store, they wouldn't be able to fleece you in the C-Store instead.
  • valetharvalethar Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    clearbeard wrote: »
    Haven't you learned that Cryptic has a deep love affair with introducing more and more currencies and complexity? Remove Lobis? Never happen.

You should have been here for the Dilithium conversion. You think there are a lot of currencies now? LOL You should have seen it before the conversion.

It's getting close to that point again though. I wouldn't be surprised to see them devalue everyone's hard work yet again by 'converting' everything to a new currency to 'simplify things' like they did then.
  • aleaicaleaic Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm genuinely sorry, as much as I am 'not', but.. what's the whole point of this, if Lobi are rather difficult to cometh by?

This... well... feels a bit of a slap to the face for me. IF Lobi were easier to come by, I'd feel vastly differently on all of this. One lobi per STF, as a different form of grind. 800 lobi for a ship, still would take awhile, but at LEAST it'd feel like I'm not risking my bank account to get one either. Call me touchy on this one issue.

The current system feels... well... unclean. And 'yes' I know it all is a choice. I choose to be unsettled about this issue.

Saying all this, the Lib Borg Rommy would be cool to get. I got the Photo Tac already. The rest don't look worth it all.
  • wayofderawayofdera Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Cryptic,

Great idea, glad to see a 40% discount.:) However, I doubt I will be buying any of the items, not that I don't want to, but because it does not benefit the toon that has all my lobi credits.:( Two things I would like to see with the lobi store...even more then this great 40% discount would be:

1) Lobi credits (or lobi store bought items) are bound to the account, not character.

2) Romulan version of lobi items, rather then only Fed/KDF versions.

Being a Romulan fan, I desire to own everything Romulan,:) but if it's not in Romulan packaging...I'm not interested.:( That's why I have both the temporal Science and destroyer Romulan version. However, as much as I would like to have the temporal shuttle as well, until there is a Romulan version/skin, I don't find the need to have one. I simply save the lobi for the next great Romulan purchase.

cheers,
  • canis36canis36 Member Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    azyurion wrote: »
    So far it looks like the muppets are pushing the photonic tac boff to the forefront. Of course thats exactly what every captain needs...yet another tactical boff. Seriously, though, don't these people realize that the Photonic Tactical Boff isn't even that good? At least the Borg brings useful passives. Anyway, looks like I'll be waiting for the next round to spend my long stored Lobi, let alone acquiring more.

Photonic Tac officer's popular because of its looks, not how OP it is silly :P
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I would have voted for the KHG and other uniforms that are suppossed to be usable for the KDF fixed but that wasn't an option.
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    We are putting the command codes in your hands, Captains! Cast your vote today for our upcoming Lobi Store promotion. Read more for details.

*Please read the blog linked below for details on this promotion.

Click here to read more.

UPDATE (8/26/13 @1:33PM PDT)! Voting ends tomorrow, Tuesday, August 27 at 2PM PDT instead of Wednesday, August 28 at 11:59AM PDT. I've updated the blog with this change.

They ALL are equally useless to me....so will defer to others who might want to have any of these utterly pieces of trashy stuff. Would be nice if the Mobius or the Jems would be on sale instead :D
    DUwNP.gif

• grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I couldn't care less about the small craft (shuttles/fighter). I already bought the Romulan Borg for my Lib Borg Romulan captain, and it can't be used by a Fed or KDF Captain... ...

:cool:
    Actually, my Fed Engineer has a Romulan Borg BO on his crew, so evidently they can be used by Fed or KDF...
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Liberated Romulan?
    valethar wrote: »
    It'll never happen. If they put stuff in the GPL store, they wouldn't be able to fleece you in the C-Store instead.

The C-Store is honest business. The Lobi store? Not so much. It's effectively the black market, with second hand enemy vessels and weapons for sale.

Which is fine if that's how you want to go.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The lobis are the most expensive currency in the game, and I wouldn't spend them on anything less than a ship. Especially when it's character bound.
    Thanks for the promo, but I'm not interested.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mosul33mosul33 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Voted for the timeshuttle, got it on a toon and its the best of them all, not to mention you can put both consoles from wells and mobius on it. Sure, as others pointed out, now we got limited shuttle content but things maybe will improve in the future.
    I did try the other small crafts in question and are not that good. If from ferengi shuttle u can strip its shield, wich can be usefull sometimes, even if an elite fleet one would be better, cant say the same about the widow fighter wich only adds a crapy torp.
    And as far the boffs goes, there are better ones anyway.
    I see everyone voted for photonic tac, wich a have it on 2 toons allready, and its a cool looking one for sure (and it doesnt need any customisation options imo), but ppl will see how "good" he is when looking to ressurect him in the grass lol, since its doent leave a body. Altho it has an activable trait photonic drone, wich has a short cooldown and he will spam it.
  • magnusravenmagnusraven Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Of these options, I think the photonic tactical officer is the most appealing.
  • nettoazurenettoazure Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'd think the Timeship Shuttle is the most valuable among the choices.
  • rabidredneck02rabidredneck02 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Voted for timeship shuttle.
  • soverignredsoverignred Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I already have all the shuttles, they are okay! but i am going for the borg romulan BOFF, it has amazing stats, and would complete my ships borg motiff!
  • bigbear2019bigbear2019 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I voted for the tac officer's. Always a good move to have the firepower around when you need it. That and they look really cool running around with you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • claransaclaransa Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    None of the above
  • petaluma1petaluma1 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Time Ships
  • mindseye14mindseye14 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    photonic tactical officer is my vote
  • rgoerrgoer Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Voted for the hologram, mostly because I want my maco gear looking like that!!
  • imadoctornotaimadoctornota Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Vote the Liberated Borg Science Officer. The Photonic Tactical Officer is just a Rare!
    Thanks for the expansion that had "as much content as the last"
    9 Episodes = 30+ episodes...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's pronounced "S.T.O." "Stow" sounds idiotic! lol
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have plenty of bridge officers.

As for the shuttles? Not much use for them. Nobody seems to do the vault shuttle event anymore and I have not been able to get in to that new atmospheric assault event added when LoR launched. Nobody does these shuttle specific missions in the PVE queue. Even when a bonus mark event is running.

There are around 2 story episodes per faction that require the use of a shuttle. The runabout type shuttle you can buy for around 33k EC from shuttle requisitions is more than enough for these episodes, even the free shuttle you get when you reach that point in the game.
  • daka86daka86 Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Photonic Tactical Officer
  • hrisvalarhrisvalar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'd much rather you keep your discount and instead make anything bought from the Lobi store bind to account on pickup, and bind to character on equip/use.

(I can buy a temporal science ship off the exchange, a temporal destroyer off the Lobi store, and send them to a science alt, but the matching equipment sets on the Lobi store are bind on pickup, which means if I want to fit the ship out with those I only have to get another $150 worth of keys for said science toon to get the full set, cause I can't use the $300 equivalent worth of Lobi crystals sitting rather pointlessly on my main.)

I never could come up with a non-cynical reason why it isn't that way already.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Reave
  • paragonasylumparagonasylum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Photonic Tactical Officer
  • nightowl1321nightowl1321 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Photonic BOff
  • twiztidlantern13twiztidlantern13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I would have to vote Photonic as well
This discussion has been closed.