test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Pet opinions

valkarie14valkarie14 Member Posts: 762 Arc User
I started a klingon character and going to get the Kar`fi when i can but cant think what pets to have, on my fed i had ultra rare scorpions which were great but then i got the jhas pets well enough said lol but i not sure what the slavers or marauders are like and wondered if people could give me there review on them and how they were like for you :)
Post edited by valkarie14 on

Comments

• Options
    starsword1989starsword1989 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Imo Elite Scorpions are more suited for feds whom do not have the luxury of owning frigates on their carriers (unless you own the Recluse or JHDC+JHAS). The Karfi carrier enables you to purchase the Ferjai Frigate which survives a lot better than Scorpions. This is an essential punt consider the duration for your carrier pets to gain rank. My scorpions usually die before they hit 3-4 stars. If the Ferjai frigates ever got damaged badly, they'll make sure that the enemy suffers as well, with their kamikaze strikes. The advanced frigates are competent for the job, whilst being cheaper and more accessible then T5 Elite Scorpions.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Will try those fighters out cheers also are the bird of prey pets any good?
  • Options
    seitei1seitei1 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Very good indeed. It's just that others are 'better'. But the Birds are a solid and viable choice. You may only use them on the Vo'Quv(Normal or Mirror), though.
  • Options
    saxfiresaxfire Member Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    My personal opinion about kdf pets, best ones are 1. interceptors(or jhas pets if you happen to be using JHDC, or mesh weavers for recluse if you dont want shield repair drones) 2. scorpions(if you dont have interceptors or want pets that can do dps) 3. slavers(if you want the loot in PvE) 4. marauders(for trolling)/tachyon drones(for trolling)/shield repairs/siphons for optional situational use 5. ferjais(low dps and out of control, only reason to use would be stuns and aceton beam), bops(low dps aswell, use if you rly want to use them), the rammer pets(which I havent tested yet, the advanced ones seem crappy) 6. anything else I didn't list I wouldnt use in any case anyways, throw those todujs to scrabjard
    Say the word, it saves the world.
    CUUCUUMBEER! "-With slight partigen with it."
    Proud member or DPS-800 "-We kill dem mines with our scitter turrets."
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I read the bops were very good and my mate used them said good dps, do slavers do dps or they just for loot? Iz there a cap on the loot u can get with them? I thought ferjais were meant to be good
  • Options
    alfamegaalfamega Member Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    valkarie14 wrote: »
    I read the bops were very good
    not true. all frigates in fact suck badly dps wise. they just don't align properly to use forward weaponry, so the mainly dpsing with their single rear turret.
    do slavers do dps or they just for loot?
    for both. their beams hitting always because they got 360 arcs and mines they spam doing viable damage, although bit chaotic.
    loot got nerved somehow, still its just a boon.
    Iz there a cap on the loot u can get with them? I thought ferjais were meant to be good
    they suck even more. trcobalt torps rarely get high yeld skill, may be once in 3-4 minutes, tricobal mines likely don't exist at all. and the same issue with aligning forward cannons.
    they end up doing most dps with rear turret, acetone beams and chronitron torps.
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    alfamega wrote: »
    not true. all frigates in fact suck badly dps wise. they just don't align properly to use forward weaponry, so the mainly dpsing with their single rear turret.
    Which is true for any cannon pets, including the scorp. Highest dps from scorp comes from their torps, and (wait for it)... the warp core breach. I'm not kidding, parser show the warp core breach usually makes more DPS than the cannons.

The Bop are good pet, even dumb as they are. Also, since the IA patch, they makes more "run", usually cloacking in the beginning of it, and that make some damage.

The "best" pet ATM would be a frigate with beams. The closest one I can think of is the romulan drone, but the BFAW pull a lot of unwanted aggro, which is transfered to the pet owner (IE you) once the drone is dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Well thats shot a hole in any pets i wanted lol how badly is the loot nerfed with marauders? I liked the ultra scorpions when i used on fed side but i was hoping for better this side lol i might go for bops in one hangar marauders in next not sure but i might just have karfi as beam and torp ship and get dps from pets