test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

recomended setups + boff skils for ships

czertik123czertik123 Member Posts: 1,122 Arc User
whwre to find them ? pve fits. So far not interesed in pvp.
Post edited by czertik123 on

Comments

• Options
    chulaksaviour1chulaksaviour1 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The distinctiveness of your ice-cream, will be added to our own. Resistance is brain freeze

Playing Since Jan 2011
  • Options
    czertik123czertik123 Member Posts: 1,122 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    well, thats not exacly that i was looking for.
    I here any page in which i can find player setups ? not only equpment but boff too :).
  • Options
    sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    czertik123 wrote: »
    well, thats not exacly that i was looking for.
    I here any page in which i can find player setups ? not only equpment but boff too :).

Really it depends on the ship, the mission, and your playstyle. There is no "One Way" to set up your BOffs. Anyone who tells you otherwise is being stupid.

BOff abilities are a toolbox. You pick out the tools you need for the job at hand.

For example, I set up my ships completely differently when I'm going from Crystaline Catastrophe to Infected: Conduit, swapping out all of my BOffs and altering over half of my available abilities, or tools, because I want a different tool kit to tackle each mission.

When picking out BOff abilities, find things that match up well with your skills and your playstyle. For example, if you like to kill the enemy with science and you have skill points invested into Flow Capacitors, look at drain abilities like Tachyon Beam and Tyken's Rift.

Also, keep an eye on global cooldowns. Things like "Emergency Power to X" and "X Team" or any sort of weapons ability share the same global cooldown, so more than two these abilities (of each group) is wasteful.

You can search the forums for various builds specific to your ship, but it's important to remember that what works for other players won't necessarily work for you. Most abilities are heavily dependent on your skills, and everything hinges on your individual playstyle.

Also remember: experimenting is how we learn new things.

I hope this helps! :cool:
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • Options
    smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The relevant subforums have at least one build thread for probably every tier 5 ship in the game. Federation Shipyards, Klingon Fleetyards, Romulan Flotilla.
    EnYn9p9.jpg