test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What is the best way for a Fed to earn GPL?

indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,545 Arc User
edited August 2013 in The Academy
My KDF characters have tons of GPL due to the tribble bounty. What is the best way to earn GPL for a Fed character? Is there a way to transfer GPL between characters?

Thanks!
Post edited by indyshark on

Comments

• Options
    mbp101287mbp101287 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Currently the only methods to acquire Gold Pressed Latinum are by selling Prototype Consoles to the Ferengi Collectors, purchase Gold-Pressed Latinum Package from the Exchange, gambling with Energy CreditsEnergy credit icon.png via the game Dabo, or certain duty officer assignments.

Also, I'm pretty sure GPL is bound to char and not transferrable. You can gamble it into EC and transfer that, though...
  • Options
    victorstellavictorstella Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I've racked up quite a bit playing Dabo.
  • Options
    grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I've racked up quite a bit playing Dabo.

Not to mention there are some GPL Accolades that can only be earned by playing Dabo...
  • Options
    cyckathcyckath Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Dabo!

Aside from that trading in winter or risa event items at the GPL console.
  • Options
    corelogikcorelogik Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Best way to earn it? Play Dabo. Transfer it? Convert to EC or buy items for GPL that can be sold on the exchange for EC.
    "Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." ~ Me
    "There... are... four... lights!" ~Jean Luc Picard
  • Options
    indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thanks guys. That was very helpful
  • Options
    earwigvr6earwigvr6 Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    What's the point though ? It's useless...

And accolades ? Anyone really care about them ? They don't actually do anything do they ? Besides let everyone know you have done xx amount of whatever you have done.... Not like you get dmg boosts or skill boosts in the area you have the accolade ?
  • Options
    albers78albers78 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Also, once you've completed this Duty Officer mission:

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Assignment_chain:_Biochemical_Investigations:_Shapeshifting_Lockets

You can do this one which rewards 1000 GPL for success (not 200 as stated on the wiki):

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Assignment:_Develop_Entertainment_Applications_to_Shapshifting_Lockets
  • Options
    corelogikcorelogik Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    earwigvr6 wrote: »

And accolades ? Anyone really care about them ? They don't actually do anything do they ? Besides let everyone know you have done xx amount of whatever you have done.... Not like you get dmg boosts or skill boosts in the area you have the accolade ?

True, GPL on it's own is fairly useless. You CAN buy some holo emitters with it though, and it is used for some Doff missions. Basically I like to have some, just so I have some. No real point, just makes the little Ferengi in me happy.
    "Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." ~ Me
    "There... are... four... lights!" ~Jean Luc Picard
  • Options
    tc10btc10b Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Dabo and doff missions in the Beta Ursae Sector.

Usually the Trade/Barter X for GPL give some good returns in both Trade CXP and GPL. But winning big on Dabo is your best bet. Also if you bet GPL insted of EC you get a bigger return in terms of GPL if you win.

But as has already been stated GPL is a bit of a waste since most of the things you can buy with it can be bought from the exchange anyway.
  • Options
    alax2011alax2011 Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    indyshark wrote: »
    My KDF characters have tons of GPL due to the tribble bounty. What is the best way to earn GPL for a Fed character? Is there a way to transfer GPL between characters?

Thanks!

Play Dom jot
    Play Dom jot Hu..mon

oh wait that game isnt in star trek online :/

so yea, DABO!
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    earwigvr6 wrote: »

For feds, there boost in contraband earning by running the buy contraband for gold-pressed latinum is rather handy.

There's a small number of other doff missions that make it handy to have some on hand. I consider anything more than about 10k to be too much on most characters.

Not counting the Risa event where you needed latinum to buy the sun glasses.