test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

purchrasing bundles - deep space nine

czertik123czertik123 Member Posts: 1,122 Arc User
i have few questions :
1. if i will buy it it will be unlocked for all fed characters or just for one whuch have it purchrased ?
2. it is worth it to buy ?
3. if i disband some equpment/items form that bunde, is way how to reclaim them later ?

4. if it is only char bound, which purchrases are acount wide ?
Post edited by czertik123 on

Comments

• Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    1. Unlocked for all characters on the account, but some items will be missing for Romulans and KDF obviously. Klingons can only grab the weapons I believe.

2. It gives a different bridge and interior so it is worth it IMO for that reason alone.

3. You have to get rid of all the items from the bundle to reclaim it.
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    All bundles in the C-store are account unlocks and gives you access for all characters that qualify to use it (example: for a ship you need to be the right faction and be the minimum rank to claim/use it). The DS9 bundle can be claimed on all fed characters. For KDF characters you have a KDF version of the bundle that just gives you the bajoran weapons and duty officers. The klingon DS9 bundle is included in the purchase.

It's worth it. The bajoran pistol and rifle scale with character level so you won't have to replace them while leveling up if you don't want to. The belfast bridge/interior is available for all fed characters on your account, current and future. It's nice but doesn't have account bank access, which was reported a long time ago. It also comes with 1 purple and 2 blue quality duty officers which is great when you're just starting out with the doff system.

To reclaim the bundle you only need to discard the bajoran pistol and rifle (if you also have the shuttle and/or duty officers still in the box, you'll need to discard them before you can reclaim the bundle). It won't let you claim it otherwise. The type 10 shuttle and duty officers come in boxes and if you already have them in your roster you will receive another copy of it but won't be able to open it unless you discharge/dismiss them. Even if you only need 1 of the duty officers you'll have to dismiss the other 2 before you can open the box to replace the one missing.

Items in the C-store that are account unlocks are generally the account bank (obviously), all uniforms, all ships, and all bundles. Special items such as bridge officers, character bank slots, character inventory slots, etc. need to be purchased for each character.
  • Options
    superfoxyplushsuperfoxyplush Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Its definitely worth it if you like DS9. I would like to point out, however that the bundle can only be claimed on a 11+ character. I don't know if its for all factions or just Fed. That is the level the duty officer assignments open up so sadly it's the level it takes to claim.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    and another question - legacy of romulus - starter pack - how do you like this ? im thinking between these two AND most likely buying reman character.
    Since i now play romulan charcet, do reman character offer some interesing things, it is wort to buy ?
  • Options
    foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    1. Unlocked for all characters on the account, but some items will be missing for Romulans and KDF obviously. Klingons can only grab the weapons I believe.

2. It gives a different bridge and interior so it is worth it IMO for that reason alone.

3. You have to get rid of all the items from the bundle to reclaim it.

You also get the Type 10 shuttlecraft, which I think is one of the better looking shuttles in the game.
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Two negative points about this bundle :

One the bridge , the Conn station is too high -- thus if you RP and want to sit in the command chair , you won't see 1/3 of the view screen (in front of the bridge) .
    (ironically the free 'Defiant' bridge does not have this issue)

If you Doff , this ship interior slows you down , as it has a complicated 2 level interior , and the problem comes from needing a different turbolift to reach every deck .
    This means that you take one turbolift to deck 1 , then you run around on deck 1 untill you reach another turbolift and you take that to deck 2 .

This really sucks , and I wish they'd fix this so you can use one turbolift to reach all decks .
    I only found out about this after the purchase , and it made me regret the purchase as it 's wasting my time .
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    OP Yes its worth it just the weapons and the shuttle are worth the price add in the Duty officers and the fact its both a fed and a partial KDF unlock thats account wide. The Vedeks robe can be used for an off duty look, if you dont want or have the off duty clothes unlocked.

I have pretty much all the c store shuttles now Delta flyer, peregrine, Runabouts, and of all of them I find myself using the Little Chaffey everytime I need something done that counts.

Now for a bit of my opinion

The level 11 requirement is new. I created a couple of new characters about a month ago and was able to claim it at level 2 Had to keep the Doffs in the bank till level 11 though then I created another new one about 2 weeks ago and had to wait till lvl 11.

As for the two Loading screens The bridge is on the same deck as the crew deck, so technically its not a turbolift. (I went over the blueprints when I saw it myself.) your right though its annoying. At least they fixed the bug that wouldnt allow you to leave the ship interrior without being on the bridge.

(I d admit I laughed a lot using this bug Invite someone to see the interiors then take them to enginerring then disappear on em.)

Also there is no Account bank on the interior. I fly the Sao Paulo and the Fleet Variant currently and no bank access cant remember on the defiant z store one Ill have to claim it again and try it.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    aelfwin1 wrote: »
    If you Doff , this ship interior slows you down , as it has a complicated 2 level interior , and the problem comes from needing a different turbolift to reach every deck .
    This means that you take one turbolift to deck 1 , then you run around on deck 1 untill you reach another turbolift and you take that to deck 2 .

Didn't they add a console in the ready room? They have on all the Fed interiors I have used so you don't have to go to the different decks you can talk to them from the ready room.
  • Options
    stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
    edited August 2013

This really sucks , and I wish they'd fix this so you can use one turbolift to reach all decks .
    I only found out about this after the purchase , and it made me regret the purchase as it 's wasting my time .
    There is no 'turbolift' to deck 1. There is a door that leasd out to the rest of deck 1. The captain's ready room is also a hop, skip and a jump from the starboard door exit from the bridge. From there you can contact every doff department without having to go to the turbolift - which is just down the hall!

I don't understand how anyone can think the Belfast interior is so large that it slows you down. It's by far the smallest, most compact and economical sized ship interior in the entire game.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Two negative points about this bundle :

One the bridge , the Conn station is too high -- thus if you RP and want to sit in the command chair , you won't see 1/3 of the view screen (in front of the bridge) .
    (ironically the free 'Defiant' bridge does not have this issue)

Thnaks for pointing out - any chance that devs will fix it ?
  • Options
    cloudjumper190cloudjumper190 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Bundles are available to all characters of the faction the bundle is tied to ie: Federation, Romulan, KDF, etc. Bundles give you a number of items, but some are not really worth the price you will pay to get them. I've bought both the TOS, and Enterprise bundles. I got more value out of the Enterprise bundle.

The TOS gives you a worthless shuttle with a universal ensign bridge officer that only works with the shuttle. The shuttle does nothing, can't keep up with your ship, and runs away at the first sign of an enemy vessel. Of course, I haven't tried to use it in the new foundry (Shuttle Only) mission, but it would seem this thing is merely a pet with no other actual purpose other than to get you to buy the bundle. You unlock a level appropriate phaser that becomes useless when you hit Lt. Commander.

Then you only get a partial uniform, not the full TOS set which would have made the bundle slightly better. The bridge is cool for nostalgic purposes, but no one wears the TOS uniform until you go down to crew deck. It makes the bridge look tacky.

Enterprise gives you a starter ship with a nifty grappling hook that has a similar effect to tractor beam without taking up a bridge officer ability slot. The full uniform, both normal, and mirror, along with the T'Pol outfit are all included.

In summary, not all bundles are of equal, or good value, so make sure you read the description of what you get with that bundle before you purchase it. Researching the items included will give you insight as most of the items are available for single purchase. Just my take on them.
  • Options
    sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Is it possible to buy the DS9 admiral belt and jacket "without" having to buy the whole bundle? Pretty expensive belt...
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sonnikku wrote: »
    Is it possible to buy the DS9 admiral belt and jacket "without" having to buy the whole bundle? Pretty expensive belt...

AFAIK it's exclusive to the bundle .
    decronia wrote: »
    Didn't they add a console in the ready room? They have on all the Fed interiors I have used so you don't have to go to the different decks you can talk to them from the ready room.

Ok , just checked this and they do have a console in the ready room for doffing .
    It's easiest to reach by using the right bridge to exit .
    (once you exit the bridge , call up the mini-map to locate the room)
    stofsk wrote: »
    There is no 'turbolift' to deck 1. There is a door that leads out to the rest of deck 1.

Ok , I see ... (and you seem to be right) , yet the fact remains that you have to make two 'exits' just to get to a lower deck .
    Every other interior in the game uses just one exit .