test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Vault Shuttle Event - HELP!

jumpingjsjumpingjs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2013 in The Academy
Can anyone tell me what to do on the Vault shuttle event.

I have never completed it yet (only pugged it - and played it - 4 times)
Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
Post edited by jumpingjs on

Comments

• vvalevvale Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    what part do you get stuck on ?
    "Magic is impressive, but now Minsc leads. SWORDS FOR EVERYONE!"
  • ylemmaylemma Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    "Magic is impressive, but now Minsc leads. SWORDS FOR EVERYONE!"
    -Baldur's Gate, great game!
  • uryenserellonturyenserellont Member Posts: 858 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Same here. I played it twice and have no idea what to do other that shoot stuff. I asked my team how to do cores 1 and 3, and 2 and 4 (whatever it's telling me to do with them) and they said things like "go play LEGO if you can't handle this" and "why did nobody do cores 2 and 4?". Well I asked how and got a smartass answer.

I don't know where these things are and don't know what to do with them if I do find them.

There's a useless "walkthrough" at stoacademy: http://www.stoacademy.com/walkthrough/fleetactions/vault/index.php but it doesn't tell me anything that it already says ingame as it progresses. How do you reroute power? How do you disrupt cores 1, 3, 2 and 4? How do you transmit a virus? (I never got that far, always got stuck on disrupting power)
  • shockwave85shockwave85 Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    My advice? Don't bother. It's a needlessly annoying mission and a remnant of a time before Romulan reputation. It used to be you HAD to run it if you wanted the (always mediocre) Reman space set. Now, you have much, MUCH better ways to earn Romulan marks and get that gear. Play Azure Rescue or Vault Ensnared. Do Tau Dewa sector patrols. Raise epohhs.

Seriously, Vault is a obnoxious mission that isn't fun or even interesting. Get your marks some other way.
    ssog-maco-sig.jpg
  • uryenserellonturyenserellont Member Posts: 858 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Raise epohhs.

Seriously, Vault is a obnoxious mission that isn't fun or even interesting. Get your marks some other way.

Ooh what's raise epohhs? I'll check it out on wiki.

So this event is just a waste of time? It sure seems it, nobody seems to know how to do it :)
  • ankokunekoankokuneko Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    vault shuttle event is a walk in the park if you use aceton assimilator, point defense, isometric, quad cannons and bio neurals on a to'duj lol
    jFriX.png
  • oschwoschw Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Fly arround the room you are in, the Objects (like cores) you need to interact with, show up
    after beeing called out,

figure out where they are, fly close to them, press F to interact with them, done.
  • sneyepersneyeper Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    @ players like you encountered.

It happens to be a TEAM mission requiring TEAMWORK. If you pug, well you get what you pay for. Best approach is to run it with friends or fleetmates. If you do, then it isn't so bad. The real problem now is that all the players who are good at it don't run it because the reward is so miniscule, especially for the difficulty.

My fleet ran it hundreds of times back when it was the only way to get the reman set, and to be honest it is a fun mission with the right group of people. All of us had the reman set before the rep system came along, most even on multiple toons. Nowadays though, if you are going to pug for romulan marks, best to stick with epohhs. Even the most inept players have enough brain cells to handle that, and almost never fail. And the payout is way way better.
  • jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Vault Shuttle Event is definitely like an STF in that the best advice is don't PUG it.

Strategy-wise, you really just need a team that communicates enough so that everybody knows their role (who will deactivate the...thingies that need deactivating), and will shout if something goes south.

For the final battle, the team should try to cluster to the LEFT side of the map so that the Thalaron weapon doesn't get Obisek's ship in the blast.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • chuckwolfchuckwolf Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Same here. I played it twice and have no idea what to do other that shoot stuff. I asked my team how to do cores 1 and 3, and 2 and 4 (whatever it's telling me to do with them) and they said things like "go play LEGO if you can't handle this" and "why did nobody do cores 2 and 4?". Well I asked how and got a smartass answer.

I don't know where these things are and don't know what to do with them if I do find them.

There's a useless "walkthrough" at stoacademy: http://www.stoacademy.com/walkthrough/fleetactions/vault/index.php but it doesn't tell me anything that it already says ingame as it progresses. How do you reroute power? How do you disrupt cores 1, 3, 2 and 4? How do you transmit a virus? (I never got that far, always got stuck on disrupting power)

Quite simply just fly near the appropriate area, and click on the popup. Though it may take some work because you need to fight off enemies while trying to do so.
    @Powerblast in game