test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

weapon power lowers when using aux2bat

moody83moody83 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2013 in Federation Discussion
Hi all

I have a question about an aux2bat build that i am using on my fleet sovereign.
When i use aux2bat the auxilary is drained and poured in to the other 3

Now when i look at my phasers and torpedo damage they get lowered when i enable while it should actually be more?

Has it something to do with the new warp cores?

Thanks all
Perfectworld:
My wallet has just put you on indefinite probation!!!!
Post edited by moody83 on

Comments

• Options
    emperordeslokemperordeslok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    did you take the offensive T4 nukara passive? that's based on aux power so if you already have a high(100+) weapon power the loss of it's buff might be be less than the weapon power you pick up from aux2batt(this is ignoring weapon drain in testing the aux2batt probably would come out ahead)
  • Options
    dknight0001dknight0001 Member Posts: 1,542
    edited August 2013
    Under full firing what power levels do you maintain? 125?
    I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001. :confused:
    If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
    When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
  • Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Aux to weapon core possibly? Or nukara
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    moody83moody83 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for the replies i tried lowering my weapons power and it worked.
    It get's weirder my weapon power is even higher then before when using eptw?

My weapons power was indeed at 125, i lowered it and used it on aux power.

Never realized that to much weapons power could have a negative effect.
    Perfectworld:
    My wallet has just put you on indefinite probation!!!!
  • Options
    jadensecurajadensecura Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    moody83 wrote: »

That's not quite it. The thing is, there's a cap at 125, so boosting your weapon power above that doesn't result in higher tooltip numbers. (It's actually a soft cap, with power above that going into a buffer, but that's a little complex so let's ignore it for the moment.) So probably what happened here is that you had the offensive T4 Nukara passive, so when you hit Aux to Batt it dropped your Aux, which reduced the bonus you got from that, while your weapon power was already at the cap and so it couldn't boost the number you saw on the tooltip. (I thought of an A->W core as well, but that's only 7.5%, while A2B is more like 75%, so the net effect would have been positive rather than negative.) But having that high weapons power was still good for you, because it meant the power level was still high when Aux to Batt wasn't active, it's just that it couldn't get pushed up higher by Aux to Batt because there was nowhere for it to go.

EDIT: Just reread the OP, and my explanation is definitely what happened, since this affected both energy weapons and torpedoes, and torpedoes aren't affected by weapon power, but are affected by that passive.
  • Options
    eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    moody83 wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies i tried lowering my weapons power and it worked.
    It get's weirder my weapon power is even higher then before when using eptw?

My weapons power was indeed at 125, i lowered it and used it on aux power.

Your saying having weapons set at say 100 then using a2b gives a higher dps tooltip reading than 125 weapons power after a2b?

Doesn't sound right. Should be the same if the first scenario boosts weapons to 125 too.

When you use a2b you essentially loose the nukara weapons skill boost until aux is restored.
    iirc its about a 10-20 dps drop on dhcs.

If you want to negate it, pop an aux battery or use EPtA after using a2b.
    AFMJGUR.jpg
  • Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    hehe, thanks for this thread, close to completing Nukara T4. i know which passive i will not pick.
    or is a high aux rep passive a better buff than aux2bat?
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • Options
    nightmarechi1dnightmarechi1d Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    timelord79 wrote: »
    hehe, thanks for this thread, close to completing Nukara T4. i know which passive i will not pick.

Then which one will you pick? There's increased damage based off of aux power, or increased defense based off of aux power. Both of which will be practically useless in an Aux2bat build.
    edited August 2013

The passive definitely makes high-aux builds more interesting (i have choosen the defense-passive and have much success with high-aux on my Wells, Atrox and (Sci focussed) Oddy (ENG captain), but i can't say much about the dmg-increasing one
  • Options
    eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Due to the way resists work (diminishing returns), you'll get more benefit out of the weapons boosting skill.

Don't forget, with a2b you simply temporarily loose you nukara skill boost. It can be negated as I've mention before. Or, ya know, don't fire off a2b immediately... Only do it after your big alpha is over.
    AFMJGUR.jpg
  • Options
    starmada1starmada1 Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    So what's better then, aux2bat or the Nukara passive? Or both? In either case, how come?