Searchable tags in Neverwinter announced

Chewson Pwan - VA
S.S. Doff Lundgren
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by chivalrybean on

Comments

• thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yeah, it's been known for a while that this is one of the new Foundry features Neverwinter is getting. It will be curious to see how this ends up getting implemented.
  • designationxr377designationxr377 Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    In... neverwinter...

RAGRAFURGLLE BURGLE BIIIFFFF!

While I didn't mind being the Neverfoundry Beta Boys while the game was in development, I won't lie about my gaining frustrations.

I know it is a lot of work to catch our code branches up but I had thought after the release we'd get more attention here than bug fix triage.

Oh well, them getting it is a better possibility of us getting it.
  • chivalrybeanchivalrybean Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013

RAGRAFURGLLE BURGLE BIIIFFFF!

Just seemed worth repeating.
    Chewson Pwan - VA
    S.S. Doff Lundgren
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nagoraknagorak Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Oh well, them getting it is a better possibility of us getting it.

I don't know...it hasn't really seemed like it has worked out that way so far.

And I do feel resentful that we basically beta tested the Foundry and told them what it needed for improvement, and then it all gets put in NW and we get nothing. I don't care about the argument that NW is the newer game, $o of course they want to focus on it, blablabla. This is not the way you should treat your loyal players.
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    nagorak wrote: »
    And I do feel resentful that we basically beta tested the Foundry and told them what it needed for improvement, and then it all gets put in NW and we get nothing. I don't care about the argument that NW is the newer game, $o of course they want to focus on it, blablabla. This is not the way you should treat your loyal players.

This has bothered me for a long time.

STO's Foundry community was the ones who helped build their UGC and then when Neverwinter gets into the last stages of Beta, we end upright ignored. What's worse, is that the Dev Team keeps bragging about the Foundry at the conventions, and yet leaves us waiting for months for gameplay fixes.

What if one of those people at a Star Trek convention gets interested in STO just because of the UGC tools, and then tries it out, only to discover these game stopping bugs or the Foundry down for months on end? That turns the Dev Team into nothing but a bunch of used car salemen.

Neverwinter may be the new kid on the block, but Perfect World needs to understand that STO is Star Trek and has the backing of CBS. It's going to be around much longer and bring in as much money as their other titles. They should treat both the game and us (the community) with greater respect.
  • designationxr377designationxr377 Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Note though how I specifically used the word "better". Better chance for us getting it if say, Neverwinter never got it at all. Better than nothing doesn't necessarily mean much better.

I am torn because I really don't want to eat my words on this. Cryptic has gotten my back and saved my plate from such a meal every time thus far. I have no reason not to doubt them, but...

Right now STO needs attention; and I am not talking about the bug fixes that it needs and is getting. It needs full attention of a devoted team. I don't know the mechanics behind the company and how they are running the foundry team between games. I don't know if the work takes to long or is even possible to transfer between games. I can't make the call that they need two different teams working on the same things from time to time. But, right now, what I can say is if they are really going to make use of what opportunities they have they need to put heavy attention into the mechanics of the foundry system for STO.

They know it will play a big part in the future of the game, and has done a fair amount already. They have been at those conferences and panels and shared what they learned, and expressed what they can see. They are logical, rational, smart, and devoted. We and they both know this. But, right now what we've got isn't enough. I don't think it is coasting but if they ever get to the point where they think "it can" I hope they realize you can only coast in one direction: down hill.

At least... terrestrially. >,>