test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Shutters Not Open

plasticwidowplasticwidow Member Posts: 23 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Fleet System and Holdings
Shutters at our Dilithium Mine is not Open

Our Fleet paid for the special project: Open Shutters (Letting the Light In), we finished that prior to unlocking Tier 1. When we unlocked Tier 1 and entered the Mine, the Shutters were still closed and are still closed. A ticket was sent in, however, when I viewed my ticket history on this website, it was not listed, but a prior ticket for another issue was listed.

Please help!

Thanks.
Post edited by plasticwidow on

Comments

• plasticwidowplasticwidow Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Shutters at our Dilithium Mine is not Open

Our Fleet paid for the special project: Open Shutters (Letting the Light In), we finished that prior to unlocking Tier 1. When we unlocked Tier 1 and entered the Mine, the Shutters were still closed and are still closed.

A ticket was sent in, however, when I viewed my ticket history on this website for replies, it was not listed, but a prior ticket for another issue was listed.

Please help!

Thanks.
  • ravagerborgravagerborg Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If I remember correctly Shutters Project are for the Embassy Shuttle Bay not the Dilithium Mine
  • grizzlyukgrizzlyuk Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    From the STO Wiki (at the bottom of the page, first entry under the "Limited Time" heading):
    Let in the Starlight
    Completing this project will remove the blast shutters from the Dilithium Mine interior, allowing you to see out into space. Additionally, a vaulted ceiling is added to the interior.
    Playing STO since August 2010
    Playing Neverwinter since July 2014
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This project has a problem with bad planning on the devs' part. The Shutters on the 2nd floor open not the 1st floor. The 2nd floor is unlocked at Tier 3 Dilithium Mine. At least the Miner and Crystal Shard projects are useful since you can see the glowing purple Horta and huge dilithium shards through the airlock window. The only noticeable change for the first project is that the ceiling is opened up a bit and you can see portions of windows on the roof if you look at the right location and angle.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    This project has a problem with bad planning on the devs' part. The Shutters on the 2nd floor open not the 1st floor. The 2nd floor is unlocked at Tier 3 Dilithium Mine. At least the Miner and Crystal Shard projects are useful since you can see the glowing purple Horta and huge dilithium shards through the airlock window. The only noticeable change for the first project is that the ceiling is opened up a bit and you can see portions of windows on the roof if you look at the right location and angle.

This is correct. The shutters are on the second floor but you can't get access to the second floor until you have tier 3 fleet dilithium mine. Same thing happened to my fleet. We did the project when it was first available but we only have tier 2 so we can't see it yet.

And I agree. Dumb planning on Cryptic's part. Releasing the very first vanity dil mine project that can't be seen for quite some time, depending on how quickly, or slowly, your fleet progresses in the dil mine fleet holding.
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have to agree this was really bad planning.

The thing about these projects if you get the old look, pay some dilithium and then the place should look better after.

the fact you pay and then takes ages to get there and some might never even get there is bad enough, but once you get to tier 3 you dont even get to appreciate how it looked before.

at the very least this should have been the last project, not the first.
  • nithanathnithanath Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have to agree this was really bad planning.

You gave them your dilithium anyway. Sounds like a perfect plan to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This is correct. The shutters are on the second floor but you can't get access to the second floor until you have tier 3 fleet dilithium mine. Same thing happened to my fleet. We did the project when it was first available but we only have tier 2 so we can't see it yet.

And I agree. Dumb planning on Cryptic's part. Releasing the very first vanity dil mine project that can't be seen for quite some time, depending on how quickly, or slowly, your fleet progresses in the dil mine fleet holding.

(Double Facepalm)

Reminds me of the seven Ps:

Prior preparation prevents particularly TRIBBLE poor performance.