test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Task Force Omega store, and projects

uryenserellonturyenserellont Member Posts: 858 Arc User
edited August 2013 in The Academy
Wow this is way different than when I left the game. I finally found where the omega/maco store is after searching DS9 for the vendors), but I can't access it. Someone ingame said to read the wiki because it explains it, but it doesn't explain it. There's no info on how to access the store.

I already have a full omega force mark XI ground set from before this change, plus space sets and a full assimilated borg set (old but I do have it, useful for Tour The Galaxy if I remember) and now it looks like I have to start over. I had a box in inventory that gave me 3k omega marks but I don't know what they do; I do know they aren't giving me access to the damned store though!

There's apparently projects to do too, but the two available to me don't open the store either.

What in the world do I have to do to open the store?

This sucks. With the amount of elite STFs I ran I shouldn't have to star over like this.
Post edited by uryenserellont on

Comments

• ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    if you had any of the old resources (ECDs, salvage, etc) they should have been converted into a box that contains the new resources (marks and BNPs) so you shouldn't have to start from scratch on the reputation grind to open the store. (although the conversion rate wasn't very friendly)
  • uryenserellonturyenserellont Member Posts: 858 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yeah it gave me 3k omega marks, 4k dilithium and 14 borg neural processors. I don't know how to buy omega or maco gear with them though.

I also saw that my Console - Universal - Assimilated Module has been changed to a new set. I also have 6 more trait slots. Wow.

So do I have to do a certain project to open the store?
    edited August 2013
    Run projects to gain tiers (20 hours to complete :( ). As you get to the higher tiers you'll be able to run projects that unlock the store items and omega/maco gear.

Edit: But if you're after the ship weapons, they are no longer available (apparently the borg modifier was wonky).
  • uryenserellonturyenserellont Member Posts: 858 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    What ship weapons were removed? I actually don't remember what ship items I was after, I ran a lot more ground STFs to get the XII sets with the full costumes.

So basically it's not a fully stocked store? You have to build each item you want to buy through a project?
    edited August 2013
    There were ship weapons with the borg modifier - nixed.

I should point out you can click on each tier and you'll see a description of what gets unlocked at reaching that tier. Don't forget you'll need to run the upgrade project after getting the reputation points to get to the tier (that one only takes 15(?) minutes to complete).

On the bright side, if it's ground set gear you're after that's now bought with BNPs which are rewarded at a more consistent rate (you'll still need the optionals for all the ground missions to unlock the full costume though). No more waiting for that lucky drop.
  • ravinravin Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    3K Omega Marks should get you through the rep system with some left over, should take you a month if you keep up on it.
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
  • allentankerallentanker Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Then at the end when you hit 5 you will get another 1000 Omega marks if I am right been about 3 month that I makes it out went with the maco MK12 ground set and the maco adapted space sets for my JHAS