test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

rp

Comments

• logang19logang19 Member Posts: 13,843 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    *Preserver ducks as a rain of blasts from similar weapons to his own...*

Preserver: Their weapons are stronger than your body shields they can't take a sustained blast from them.. too long and it is a powerful explosive..

Danny: *Looks to Sanders with a grinch smile*

How powerful?

Preserver: Strong enough to take down the squad..

*A Heavy comes into view... nine legs, heavily armored with some metal configuration no one has seen before.. except one.. Beams fire out of the eyes... obliterating cover one at a time.*

Danny: Alright sir we do it your way.. Sinclaire when I chuck my body shield deploy a barrier as strong as you can manage.. *Removes the unit from his arm and attaches it to a piece of debris...*

Armada you have an opening use it. When that thing gets closer I am going to throw it old one. You shoot the thing with a sustained blast. Then duck...

Sinclaires hands glow a very bright orange.

Sinclaire: alright whenever your ready
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
  • chrisedallen89chrisedallen89 Member Posts: 17,293 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    logang19 wrote: »
    Sinclaires hands glow a very bright orange.

Sinclaire: alright whenever your ready

*OOC: Okay lets save it for tomorrow. I bet Ryan wants to relish this. I do too. I am sure there are things to do elsewhere..*
    edited August 2013
    *OOC: Okay lets save it for tomorrow. I bet Ryan wants to relish this. I do too. I am sure there are things to do elsewhere..*

OOC: thats cool just an fyi tomorrow i wont be on ill about 11pm central
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
    edited August 2013
    OOC: but also if you need ill give you the go ahead to use sinclaire for that part if you guys need. Im cool with that to so you can go ahead and do that scene
    edited August 2013
    OOC: but also if you need ill give you the go ahead to use sinclaire for that part if you guys need. Im cool with that to so you can go ahead and do that scene

*OOC: I will keep it in mind. *
    edited August 2013
    *OOC: I will keep it in mind. *

OOC: i figured just becuase i dont want to ruin your fun because i wont be able to be on :)
    edited August 2013
    Ok now where to go next the forerunners jacob and sierra-05 or cooper hm
    edited August 2013
    OOC: ok well ill be back sometime tomorrow lol dont know when but ill be back
  • ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    *R.S.S. Republic, Situation Room. David is standing at the windows, looking out at the massive arms of the Citadel. The doors open as Ramez walks in.*

Ramez: Am I disturbing you?

*David turns around.*

David *surprise*: Admiral! No, of course not. Come in.

What can I do for you?

Ramez: This isn't an official visit, Captain. I was about to leave for Dalos Alpha Prime to take a look at the damage that R.I.N. News is blaming me for.

David: Because you sent our forces and the Iconians to Reach instead of Dalos Alpha?

Ramez: I knew it wasn't going to be a popular decision. I think, however, that it was the right one. 6 Billion lives saved on Reach, compared to 4 Billion lost on Dalos Alpha IV.

I made the decision by the numbers. The cold, merciless, uncompromising numbers. This time, we saved more than we lost, but what about next time?

David: Admiral, do you have a family?

Ramez: Seems to be my question of the week. Captain Forrester asked me that.

No, I don't.

David: That's surprising.

Ramez: Why?

David: Well, you seem so invested in the future, but you don't seem as invested in your future. Most admirals I know who think like that have kids, or are at least married.

Ramez: I never found the time. It's something I start to regret at my age.

*Ramez looks at his reflection in the window, at his greying hair.*

How old do you think I am, Captain?

David: I... wouldn't like to say.

Ramez: Would it surprise you to hear that I'm 58?

It's true. A lot of people think it's the stress, but it's not. I actually am that old. Hell, I actually look younger than I am!

At this point, I wonder if things might have been different if I'd found the time. Do you remember the Calton Skirmishes, Captain?

David: No, sir. It was a little before my time. I remember reading about them at school though. One of our border fleets got into a fight with the Voth in the Calton Sector.

Ramez: The R.S.S. Victorious was leading the Battle Group. It was supposed to be a coffee-and-cake run to the Turanian Border to commemorate Tura Outpost 9. I was a Security Officer aboard the R.S.S. Clarkestown, with an Ensign Richard Allington.

David: Sam's father?

Ramez: This was nearly 30 years ago, Captain.

We were young, eager, and oh so naive.

Captain Orsak on the Victorious tried to resolve things diplomatically, but these Voth were a lot more aggressive than any I'd seen befored, or saw again. We were boarded. The brutality was shocking. It's something I never forgot.

Rich did. He got struck down by a Voth, and suffered a concussion. As far as I know, he was never able to remember anything after the Voth opened fire.

That attack started a brief shooting war with that Voth enclave, but it also showed a lot of people that the Republic was not like the Federation - that we were willing to push back if someone shoved us into the mud.

Now, the Voth we know are peaceful with us. They keep to themselves and we respect their privacy.

But I never forgot those few Voth that went rabid.

After that, I transferred back to BetaComm and earned a position in the Military Operations Command Council as a Liaison for a while. Eventually, I made Captain - got assigned to the R.S.S. Titan. Then I got promoted to Rear Admiral Lower and was assigned to the Republic Embassy on Romulus.

David: Sounds like a massive change, going from Starship Captain to being tied behind a desk.

Ramez: I figured I could do a lot to improve our relations with the Romulans. They appreciate duty above all else, and I met a lot of friends while I was there.

I helped negotiate the deal to give the Romulan Military our surplus K916 Thermal Explosives - which was NOT a reckless move OR selling our weapons to "anyone who'll buy them", no matter what the Federation says!

David: You're not fond of the Federation, are you?

Ramez: No, it's not that. I'm not fond of elitists. Ez'rak was an elitist. He would have taken any opportunity to discredit the Republic if he got one. A lot of people in the Federation are still sore over the Battle for DS61 during the Federation Civil War. A Starfleet Officer once tried to assassinate Ryan Allington during the Khitomer Conference prior to the Raiser Conflict. Did you know that?

He was acting alone, but I doubt he was the only one who saw DS61 as a rogue state. In fact, the Raisers proved that when they tried to seize the station for exercising its own sovereign rights.

In the same respect, I think some people don't recognise the Republic as a sovereign power either.

David: The Republic consisted of Solais V, DS61, the Dalos Star Group and several dozen independent colonies!

Ramez: A planet wrought with centuries of global conflict, a rogue Starbase, a small group of star systems that no one cared about and had a history of voluntarily rolling back their own clock to the Medieval Age.

Do you see my point?

But, President Allington took those unlikely allies and bought them together through one irrefutable fact; none of them matched people's preconceived notions. Allington had a skill about him. He could sit at a negotiating table, listening to the bickering of delegates, and then turn around and hammer out an agreement based on the facts and none of the bias they were spouting.

David: Sir, if I may?

Ramez: You're right, I'm rambling.

In short, Captain, the reason I'm so invested in the Republic's future, and that of the Galaxy, is because I recognise one simple thing.

I don't try to promote my own career by making the popular choices... because it's not about me. It's not about patriotism. It's not even about the Republic. It's about legacy. It's about leaving behind a world that the future generations can live in without the problems I've had to live with.

That's why I get so attached to those under my command, Captain.

*He turns from the window, and looks at David.*

You are my family. You, Captain Forrester, Samantha Allington, you're all a part of my family.

Speaking of which... I heard you're dating that Security Officer of yours...

David: Oh boy....

*OOC: I was just adding some character development to Ramez here. I( may not use him much, but he really is one of my favourite characters.

Oh, and I may have unintentionally used this as an opportunity to let out some frustration towards Ez'rak.

BTW, Logan, do you think it would be a good idea for the UNSC to formally invite the Republic Admiral who left his own Capital exposed to save a UNSC colony to visit Reach, and see what he saved? I'm just thinking, if our long-term plan is to have the Republic and C.I.S. be allies (or at least friends), perhaps that would be a good idea?*
    edited August 2013
    Ooc: yes that would be good. Have been meaning to do it just haven't gotten there. Will do that now.

Cooper: alright the fleet will remain here. We will return to reach.

Silent glory:aye sir.

Cooper: also hail the republic its time we sat down and had a talk with them.

Ooc: also so everyone knows the CIS is the civilian council the UNSC is the military side of it.
    edited August 2013
    Reach:UNSC. Command alpha base

Alpha base is the Hq of fleetcomm and highcomm ot the UNSC military forces. The entire base is the size of a small city. It is home to not only command but the 501st infantry 12 armour division and the home of the Sierra project. It is Aldo the home of many scientific posts as well.
    edited August 2013
    ryan218 wrote: »
    *R.S.S. Republic, Situation Room. David is standing at the windows, looking out at the massive arms of the Citadel. The doors open as Ramez walks in.*

Ramez: Am I disturbing you?

*David turns around.*

David *surprise*: Admiral! No, of course not. Come in.

What can I do for you?

Ramez: This isn't an official visit, Captain. I was about to leave for Dalos Alpha Prime to take a look at the damage that R.I.N. News is blaming me for.

David: Because you sent our forces and the Iconians to Reach instead of Dalos Alpha?

Ramez: I knew it wasn't going to be a popular decision. I think, however, that it was the right one. 6 Billion lives saved on Reach, compared to 4 Billion lost on Dalos Alpha IV.

I made the decision by the numbers. The cold, merciless, uncompromising numbers. This time, we saved more than we lost, but what about next time?

David: Admiral, do you have a family?

Ramez: Seems to be my question of the week. Captain Forrester asked me that.

No, I don't.

David: That's surprising.

Ramez: Why?

David: Well, you seem so invested in the future, but you don't seem as invested in your future. Most admirals I know who think like that have kids, or are at least married.

Ramez: I never found the time. It's something I start to regret at my age.

*Ramez looks at his reflection in the window, at his greying hair.*

How old do you think I am, Captain?

David: I... wouldn't like to say.

Ramez: Would it surprise you to hear that I'm 58?

It's true. A lot of people think it's the stress, but it's not. I actually am that old. Hell, I actually look younger than I am!

At this point, I wonder if things might have been different if I'd found the time. Do you remember the Calton Skirmishes, Captain?

David: No, sir. It was a little before my time. I remember reading about them at school though. One of our border fleets got into a fight with the Voth in the Calton Sector.

Ramez: The R.S.S. Victorious was leading the Battle Group. It was supposed to be a coffee-and-cake run to the Turanian Border to commemorate Tura Outpost 9. I was a Security Officer aboard the R.S.S. Clarkestown, with an Ensign Richard Allington.

David: Sam's father?

Ramez: This was nearly 30 years ago, Captain.

We were young, eager, and oh so naive.

Captain Orsak on the Victorious tried to resolve things diplomatically, but these Voth were a lot more aggressive than any I'd seen befored, or saw again. We were boarded. The brutality was shocking. It's something I never forgot.

Rich did. He got struck down by a Voth, and suffered a concussion. As far as I know, he was never able to remember anything after the Voth opened fire.

That attack started a brief shooting war with that Voth enclave, but it also showed a lot of people that the Republic was not like the Federation - that we were willing to push back if someone shoved us into the mud.

Now, the Voth we know are peaceful with us. They keep to themselves and we respect their privacy.

But I never forgot those few Voth that went rabid.

After that, I transferred back to BetaComm and earned a position in the Military Operations Command Council as a Liaison for a while. Eventually, I made Captain - got assigned to the R.S.S. Titan. Then I got promoted to Rear Admiral Lower and was assigned to the Republic Embassy on Romulus.

David: Sounds like a massive change, going from Starship Captain to being tied behind a desk.

Ramez: I figured I could do a lot to improve our relations with the Romulans. They appreciate duty above all else, and I met a lot of friends while I was there.

I helped negotiate the deal to give the Romulan Military our surplus K916 Thermal Explosives - which was NOT a reckless move OR selling our weapons to "anyone who'll buy them", no matter what the Federation says!

David: You're not fond of the Federation, are you?

Ramez: No, it's not that. I'm not fond of elitists. Ez'rak was an elitist. He would have taken any opportunity to discredit the Republic if he got one. A lot of people in the Federation are still sore over the Battle for DS61 during the Federation Civil War. A Starfleet Officer once tried to assassinate Ryan Allington during the Khitomer Conference prior to the Raiser Conflict. Did you know that?

He was acting alone, but I doubt he was the only one who saw DS61 as a rogue state. In fact, the Raisers proved that when they tried to seize the station for exercising its own sovereign rights.

In the same respect, I think some people don't recognise the Republic as a sovereign power either.

David: The Republic consisted of Solais V, DS61, the Dalos Star Group and several dozen independent colonies!

Ramez: A planet wrought with centuries of global conflict, a rogue Starbase, a small group of star systems that no one cared about and had a history of voluntarily rolling back their own clock to the Medieval Age.

Do you see my point?

But, President Allington took those unlikely allies and bought them together through one irrefutable fact; none of them matched people's preconceived notions. Allington had a skill about him. He could sit at a negotiating table, listening to the bickering of delegates, and then turn around and hammer out an agreement based on the facts and none of the bias they were spouting.

David: Sir, if I may?

Ramez: You're right, I'm rambling.

In short, Captain, the reason I'm so invested in the Republic's future, and that of the Galaxy, is because I recognise one simple thing.

I don't try to promote my own career by making the popular choices... because it's not about me. It's not about patriotism. It's not even about the Republic. It's about legacy. It's about leaving behind a world that the future generations can live in without the problems I've had to live with.

That's why I get so attached to those under my command, Captain.

*He turns from the window, and looks at David.*

You are my family. You, Captain Forrester, Samantha Allington, you're all a part of my family.

Speaking of which... I heard you're dating that Security Officer of yours...

David: Oh boy....

*OOC: I was just adding some character development to Ramez here. I( may not use him much, but he really is one of my favourite characters.

Oh, and I may have unintentionally used this as an opportunity to let out some frustration towards Ez'rak.

BTW, Logan, do you think it would be a good idea for the UNSC to formally invite the Republic Admiral who left his own Capital exposed to save a UNSC colony to visit Reach, and see what he saved? I'm just thinking, if our long-term plan is to have the Republic and C.I.S. be allies (or at least friends), perhaps that would be a good idea?*

*OOC: I am fine with that bit. I intended Ez'rak to be that elitist snob but not all of it was his fault.. Really want to show how M did succeed in breaking things. Trains of thought and perception is good but there comes a point in time where they are not always true anymore. That is actually what I am trying with the Federation now. Some extreme reputation fixing and more humble ideas. As a matter in fact I was hoping for an arc to sort out this kind of very thing. Especially for the last one after this. Think of the arc thats coming is understanding. Which is going very well so far in set up.*

*Dorman is sitting at his desk watching holo vids on his terminal... A usual thing for him as he tries to find some sleep.. The Door chimes.*

Dorman: *wearily* Come..

*A reman official walks into the room comfortable in the dark but squints in the dim lighting.*

Dorman: Sorry my friend. Let me lower the level for you..

*He lowers it to a more tolerable level. Giving the Reman a much more relaxed state.*

Domesk: Admiral.. As an envoy to my people I wish to extend thanks to you for smoothing things over for Protectorate status.

Dorman: A lot of what happens in Romulan space I am not all that familiar with. It has been some time since I even heard from your people.

Domesk: The holocaust was not only a Romulan matter... it killed remans too.

Dorman: How can I forget that moment. Moments like that are etched into that part of my mind.. It was the least I could do. I cannot imagine though that is the only reason you came here.

Domesk: It is not. I have been hearing about riots over in the Republic ward over Dalos...

Dorman: It was a choice that Ramez made. I understand why he made it and I don't and won't criticize him for it either. He made the choice as any father would. I am sure Schwartz understands that. Bright I know does as well.

Domesk: So what do you plan on doing.

Dorman: What we need is help and stability especially now. I don't see the Republic as few in the Federation do. They are still sore about it. But they are not as many as they were say during my slumber or even my time. We just need to keep a humble and respectful tone about it they are a power in the galaxy and I have no intention of saying they are not because they are a power.. They earned it.
    edited August 2013
    *Nopada Fortress. Sam and T'mar are sitting in their cells, glaring at each other in hatred.*

T'mar: I hate you.

Sam: I heard you the first twenty times, sis.

T'mar: Just checking. I know that some targs have hearing problems.

Sam: T'mar, stop pushing me!

T'mar: You think that's pushing you? When we get out of here, I will show you what pushing you is!

Sam: When we get outta here...

*Sam edges closer to T'mar's cell.*

I am going to beat the TRIBBLE out of you...

T'mar: And I am going to kill you!

*Elsewhere, Sara has taken Tara to a set of Quarters. As she walks down the corridor, Mayana walks alongside her.*

Mayana: Can I talk to you?

Sara: I'm guessing this is about our Terran prisoner?

*Mayana steps in front of her, bringing the two to a stop in the corridor.*

Mayana: I want her.

Sara: You're not getting a Cor'a'dei with her. There's one good reason why.

Mayana: Enlighten me.

Sara: You don't hate her enough. Yeah, she killed your sister, but you weren't exactly close to your sister. I remember Tara having to authorise several Cor'a'dar between you two.

You want a cor'a'dei with Allington because it's expected. That's not good enough.

Mayana: What about a Cor'a'si?

Sara: You're kidding?

Mayana: I have the right!

Sara: No one has declared a blood match between foes in over 400 years!

Mayana: It is still valid. She killed a family member, and is an enemy of our cartel. I can make the claim.

Sara: It's not an exclusively fatal match. You know that?

Mayana: I know. No lethal weapons. It stops as soon as one of us is either dead or unconscious.

Sara: Fine, I'll authorise it. Why do you really want to fight her, Mayana? If you wanted a death match, there would have been several other ways to get it.

Mayana: She killed my sister. My sister had a tendency of winning our Cor'a'dars.

Sara: You're doing this to prove you're a capable fighter? Mayana, she killed your sister in a starship battle, not hand-to-hand.

Mayana: That's not the point. Everyone who knew my sister or knows me thinks I can't hold my own in a fight because of her. I beat that Terran in a fight...

Sara: You not only prove that you can fight, but you defeat the one who killed your sister too. Two birds with one stone.

Suppose you lose?

Mayana: She can't even beat Tara in a fair fight! I won't lose.

Sara: Okay.

*10 minutes later. Tara is kneeling down outside Sam's cell.*

Sam: I'm not doing it.

Tara: Dar'mei'na, you don't have a choice. I know you don't like hurting people you have nothing personal against, but if you don't fight her, she'll kill you. I know May. She's a great fighter, but you can take her.

If you know how.

*Sam looks at her.*

Sam: What do you mean?

Tara: When I fight you, I'm fighting with my Academy training. I'm used to that fighting style.

Mayana didn't go to the academy. She really is an Orion Officer. She was trained from adolescence in a different fighting style.

Orion fighting is a lot more physical in hand-to-hand than between humans. It's based more on speed, agility, but also on putting your opponent through as much pain as possible.

Typically, Orions have greater physical endurance. That's one genetic aspect that both genders share. Women have it to a much lesser extent, but we heve it. It means we don't have that headache thing from our pheromones. It doesn't make our bodies enemy more durable, but it means we can take more of a beating.

We still have the same pain threshold as humans though, so our fighting style revolves around inducing pain in an opponent and forcing them to pass out.

Sam: You realise you're also telling me how to beat you here, right?

Tara: I'm telling you what to expect. May will be coming at you with a lot of submission holds, trying to wear down on a limb until you pass out. All I can say is ignore it - fight past and try to hurt her more. If she wants to go for armed combat--

T'mar: I thought weapons weren't allowed?

Tara: Lethal weapons, no. You can use staffs and batons though - padded.

Armed or not, you'll both be wearing padding on your shoulders, elbows, knees and forearms to keep you from debilitating each other, so if she wants to go armed, go for it.

T'mar: Isn't that a bad idea? Not that I care if she dies, but I want to be the one who kills her.

Tara: Like I said, the weapons are padded. The rules are that if one of you is knocked out before the other can lay down the kill shot, the fight is over. Besides, have you seen Sam fight with a nightstick? Best at the academy in that field.

Next to me.

One last thing. If she does agree to go in armed, she may drop the weapon during the fight. You don't have to stop. Chances are she wants to get you disarmed to go hand-to-hand. If you start losing, go for that - I know how brutal you can get against an armed opponent. That could shift the fight in your favour.

*OOC: Yeah, I freely admit that I'm making this up, but we don't know anything about the Orions anyway (other than what was in Enterprise and TOS) so I'm taking creative license to actually develop them as a culture.

Anyway, what do you two think of the angle between Sam and T'mar? In fact, what do you think of this arc on Nopada as a whole?*
    edited August 2013
    *OOC: I enjoy it some. Just watching curiously. *
    edited August 2013
    OOC: ok im on now to read what i messed and decide what to do next
    edited August 2013
    *Danny takes the piece of debris and chucks it at the heavy unit...*

Danny: Now!!

Get down.

*The Preserver fires a sustained blast at the object and ducks down under the barrier as it explodes.. wiping out the heavy and most of the ground troops including the buildings... Fire all around...*

Danny: Lets move!!
    edited August 2013
    *Danny takes the piece of debris and chucks it at the heavy unit...*

Danny: Now!!

Get down.

*The Preserver fires a sustained blast at the object and ducks down under the barrier as it explodes.. wiping out the heavy and most of the ground troops including the buildings... Fire all around...*

Danny: Lets move!!

Sinclaire: that was a little bigger then i thought it would be.
    edited August 2013
    Sinclaire: that was a little bigger then i thought it would be.

Preserver: My people used that tactic a lot when we were pushed against a wall.
    edited August 2013
    UNSC Space

Reach, Alpha Base.

Cooper walks by a group of marines training as he heads into Fleetcomm hq.

Cooper: so what do we have.

Commodore Rel'ta: well the romulans have seemed to stop there attacks for the moment. But there is no knowing how long that will last.

Cooper: We will take every victory we can get at this point no matter how small. Did our message to the republic get sent.

Fleet Captain Gree: yes sir it did. we expect to hear back from them tomorrow.

Cooper: very good every one very good
    edited August 2013
    Preserver: My people used that tactic a lot when we were pushed against a wall.

Sinclaire: why does that not surprise me. WE should finish up here quickly.
    edited August 2013
    Ooc: so quite here
    edited August 2013
    Ooc: so quite here

OOC: login problems... Sorted out now. Just wondering why there is not that much activity ?
    edited August 2013
    OOC: login problems... Sorted out now. Just wondering why there is not that much activity ?

Ooc: yeah I know m kinds waiting on Ryan right now.
    edited August 2013
    OOC: Sorry, been debating how to proceed with the Nopada angle. May leave it for tonight and work on the other angles.

*Armada flies across the settlement and lands near one of the guns.*

Armada: PACES, patch into the targeting computer and give it a targeting solution on that Dreadnought.

PACES: Stand by. Accessing now.

Armada: This is Armada, I'm linked up. This should only take a couple of minutes.

PACES: Sir, there is a problem.

Armada: No there isn't, PACES. If there is, it means this'll take longer than 2 minutes.

PACES: The Cannons are not linked to a central computer. The Computer must not have been installed, or has not been bought online.

Armada: Which means we have to go to each gun and hook it into the Armour. That means we need to use the Armour's targeting system to aim the cannons.

PACES: Precisely, sir.

Armada: PACES, do you know how long that will take?

PACES: Approximately 5.4 minutes, sir.

Armada: That was a rhetorical question.

Okay, guys, I need someone at each gun to cover me while I link it up to my onboard computer.

PACES, tell me you've already hooked this one up.

PACES: Indeed, sir.

Armada: Okay, mark the rest on my tac-map.

Forest *Over Comm*: I'll cover you at East.

Voice *Over Comm*: I'll cover you at West.

Armada: Thanks, Jack.

Sanders *Over Comm*: I'll take North. Danny, your team needs to keep these guys busy in the centre. Can you do that?
    edited August 2013
    *Deep Space. A large ship decloaks as it approaches the sensory blind spot created by a pulsar cluster.

In a room overlooking a medical bay, a man in a dark grey suit stands, smoking a cigar.*

Mysterious Man: How's the project going, Doctor Warren?

*A balding man in a lab coat walks up to him, holding a PADD.*

Dr Warren: Better than expected, given the severity of his injuries and the length of time he's been left in stasis. How did you--?

Mysterious Man: "Project: Marksman" was "lost" on a military transport on his way back home. I have my resources, Doctor. More than that, you do not need to know.

What kind of time frame are we looking at?

Dr Warren: Optimistically, 2-3 years. However, if we hit a complication... it could be expensive.

Mysterious Man: Money is not an issue. What about Archangel?

Dr Warren: That has not been easy. With Matheson dead and most of the scientists who were part of the project either underground or also dead, I have had to spend a long time bringing the new team up to speed. We also lost a lot of the project data when O.S.S. destroyed Facility 5.

Mysterious Man: Perhaps for the best. The mess Matheson made with the AISDs is better left forgotten and unreplicable.

I believe it would be best to drop the cybernetics side of the project completely, don't you?

Dr Warren: I've already done it.

Mysterious Man: Good. What else do you need?

Dr Warren: Test subjects. I can only go so far with my personal notes. A lot of the project has to start from scratch. Connor has--

Mysterious Man: We are attempting to provide an effective infiltrator, Doctor. Connor can wait until you are ready to proceed with Project: Spartacus.

Dr Warren: Very well. But, subjects are still a problem. Allington was able to fight her programming when O.S.S. stepped in. She hesitated when Agent Hawk tried to talk her down.

Mysterious Man: Then you should find subjects who you can condition easier, without need of holo-induction and psychotropic drugs.

Dr Warren: And where do you suppose I--?

Mysterious Man: History question, Doctor; Earth, 1930s, TRIBBLE Germany. How did Adolf Hitler and his party ensure the loyalty of the younger generation?

Dr Warren: By indoctrinating the children...

You're not serious?

Mysterious Man: Not to the extent he went to, of course. We do not need fascists or xenophobes.

Dr Warren: But you do need psychopaths? These children--

Mysterious Man: Could you control them without an external stimulus?

Dr Warren: Yes, but--

Mysterious Man: Doctor... the method the Germans used was quite passive.

Dr Warren: They rewrote their nation's history!

Mysterious Man: Because that was what was necessary. This time, it will not be. We don't need to assure their loyalty to us because they will have know only us. Doctor, planets such as Nimbus III and New Sydney are rife with homeless orphans. You only need to ensure they will be willing and able to do what is necessary.

You will also treat them amicably. Is that sufficient?

Dr Warren: Yes..., sir.

Mysterious Man: Good.

How is your side project, by the way? Gene-splicing, was it?

Dr Warren: I have hit a roadblock on that, I'm afraid.

Mysterious Man: A pity, but, such is the way of scientific life. Very well, Doctor, you can return to your archer now.

Dr Warren: Yes, sir.

*Warren walks out slowly.*

OOC: Setting up a story arc for later. Dr Warren here is a reference to Dr Miles Warren (or "The Jackal") from Marvel Comics.
    edited August 2013
    Cooper : commander do we have an update yet.

Officer: no sir nothing from the fleet yet.

Cooper: also send the message to the republic we would like them to send an envoy to talk about an alliance.

Officer: aye sir

Cooper: come on Jacob where are you and sierra-05
    edited August 2013
    Jacob sits down after they started a fire

Jacob: well i think i figured out where we are

Sierra-05: really

Jacob: yeah the middle of no where on a god forsaken rock.

Sierra-05: well it could always be worse

Jacob: true that is always true. At the least it will only be about one more day till we can get back to reach.

Sierra: well as long as we dont wake up all of hell we should be good
    edited August 2013
    OOC: Sorry, been debating how to proceed with the Nopada angle. May leave it for tonight and work on the other angles.

*Armada flies across the settlement and lands near one of the guns.*

Armada: PACES, patch into the targeting computer and give it a targeting solution on that Dreadnought.

PACES: Stand by. Accessing now.

Armada: This is Armada, I'm linked up. This should only take a couple of minutes.

PACES: Sir, there is a problem.

Armada: No there isn't, PACES. If there is, it means this'll take longer than 2 minutes.

PACES: The Cannons are not linked to a central computer. The Computer must not have been installed, or has not been bought online.

Armada: Which means we have to go to each gun and hook it into the Armour. That means we need to use the Armour's targeting system to aim the cannons.

PACES: Precisely, sir.

Armada: PACES, do you know how long that will take?

PACES: Approximately 5.4 minutes, sir.

Armada: That was a rhetorical question.

Okay, guys, I need someone at each gun to cover me while I link it up to my onboard computer.

PACES, tell me you've already hooked this one up.

PACES: Indeed, sir.

Armada: Okay, mark the rest on my tac-map.

Forest *Over Comm*: I'll cover you at East.

Voice *Over Comm*: I'll cover you at West.

Armada: Thanks, Jack.

Sanders *Over Comm*: I'll take North. Danny, your team needs to keep these guys busy in the centre. Can you do that?

OOC: It is cool. I have been having a tone of login problems today, and I mean a lot. Plus

Danny: Well yeah I can keep it covered.

Pyro! Fox!

take your spots...

*The Preserver and Sinclaire stand down with Danny behind cover.*

Preserver: If I know them they have sent squads to those towers...

Danny: Then they better be warned.

Danny to tower teams...

*Nothing but static*

Danny to tower teams...

Damn it..

*Another wave comes and the line is holding. Elsewhere the squads start coming at each tower, Armada however they get smart and send more heavies and guardians... the swarms intensify but the teams comms are acting up..*

*OOC: Gotta make it harder man. :D As I am going to make this different. But don't worry it is easy enough. :cool: *
    edited August 2013
    Sinclair's: you may not like it old man but we may need to jump from tower to tower to help them out. We can jump back and forth quickly. Or I suppose I can jump around like a rabbit on steroids.
    edited August 2013
    *Deep Space. A large ship decloaks as it approaches the sensory blind spot created by a pulsar cluster.

In a room overlooking a medical bay, a man in a dark grey suit stands, smoking a cigar.*

Mysterious Man: How's the project going, Doctor Warren?

*A balding man in a lab coat walks up to him, holding a PADD.*

Dr Warren: Better than expected, given the severity of his injuries and the length of time he's been left in stasis. How did you--?

Mysterious Man: "Project: Marksman" was "lost" on a military transport on his way back home. I have my resources, Doctor. More than that, you do not need to know.

What kind of time frame are we looking at?

Dr Warren: Optimistically, 2-3 years. However, if we hit a complication... it could be expensive.

Mysterious Man: Money is not an issue. What about Archangel?

Dr Warren: That has not been easy. With Matheson dead and most of the scientists who were part of the project either underground or also dead, I have had to spend a long time bringing the new team up to speed. We also lost a lot of the project data when O.S.S. destroyed Facility 5.

Mysterious Man: Perhaps for the best. The mess Matheson made with the AISDs is better left forgotten and unreplicable.

I believe it would be best to drop the cybernetics side of the project completely, don't you?

Dr Warren: I've already done it.

Mysterious Man: Good. What else do you need?

Dr Warren: Test subjects. I can only go so far with my personal notes. A lot of the project has to start from scratch. Connor has--

Mysterious Man: We are attempting to provide an effective infiltrator, Doctor. Connor can wait until you are ready to proceed with Project: Spartacus.

Dr Warren: Very well. But, subjects are still a problem. Allington was able to fight her programming when O.S.S. stepped in. She hesitated when Agent Hawk tried to talk her down.

Mysterious Man: Then you should find subjects who you can condition easier, without need of holo-induction and psychotropic drugs.

Dr Warren: And where do you suppose I--?

Mysterious Man: History question, Doctor; Earth, 1930s, TRIBBLE Germany. How did Adolf Hitler and his party ensure the loyalty of the younger generation?

Dr Warren: By indoctrinating the children...

You're not serious?

Mysterious Man: Not to the extent he went to, of course. We do not need fascists or xenophobes.

Dr Warren: But you do need psychopaths? These children--

Mysterious Man: Could you control them without an external stimulus?

Dr Warren: Yes, but--

Mysterious Man: Doctor... the method the Germans used was quite passive.

Dr Warren: They rewrote their nation's history!

Mysterious Man: Because that was what was necessary. This time, it will not be. We don't need to assure their loyalty to us because they will have know only us. Doctor, planets such as Nimbus III and New Sydney are rife with homeless orphans. You only need to ensure they will be willing and able to do what is necessary.

You will also treat them amicably. Is that sufficient?

Dr Warren: Yes..., sir.

Mysterious Man: Good.

How is your side project, by the way? Gene-splicing, was it?

Dr Warren: I have hit a roadblock on that, I'm afraid.

Mysterious Man: A pity, but, such is the way of scientific life. Very well, Doctor, you can return to your archer now.

Dr Warren: Yes, sir.

*Warren walks out slowly.*

OOC: Setting up a story arc for later. Dr Warren here is a reference to Dr Miles Warren (or "The Jackal") from Marvel Comics.

*OOC: Hmm Illusive man an influence too? Just curious really. As tossing money at it would be his style and resources. But hey. I like it. I wonder all of it. though..*

*Kai arrives at the facility thanks to the usual tricks and papers and the stealth module. He is secretly amazed at how the Federation has kept this place under the radar and out of enemy sight. *

Kai: *He quietly walks by making sure steps are not heard and missing innovades as he goes. The room he is looking for is filled with a AI core and processing units.*

There...

*He gets in with manipulation of the biometerics and identifying markers.. Child's play.. should just say "Open me".. *

Kai: *Starts into the machine through his omni-tool and introduces a virus into the system.. and it starts downloading the information he needs on research sites the Federation has found and he finds out where the power source is for the dormant relay... *

Found it... Now unlocking it..

*He then makes his way out as the system starts malfunctioning but the No-field is unaffected. *