test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scimitar Build(With console set)

galaxyrider0galaxyrider0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Hello Everyone!

I just became VA with my Romulan Tac and bought the Dreadnought Pack.

The idea is to build a good DPS dealer and resilient as the original Scimitar from the Nemesis movie.

I was wondering about energy types and decided to run Weapon like this for now:
Fore - 4x Plasma DHC Mk XI Purple + Plasma Torp Mk XI Blue
Aft - 3 x Plasma Turret Mk XI Blue

I put the console set in the science slots, because with secondary shields I think I don't need those Shield Field Emitters.

What to put on the other consoles? I don't have those Rep beauties yet.

I don't want to run the Aux2Bat build for now, as I get higher in Rep I want to try some other builds.

Any thoughts?
--
"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Jean-Luc Picard
Post edited by galaxyrider0 on

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2013
    UP!

Parece que ningu?m viu...
    --
    "If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Jean-Luc Picard
  • Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=dahmscimdread_0

This how I would set it up, 20k+ torp build if you have 3 projectile doffs and fire your torps on the following rotation

Rom hyper, regular plasma, omega

If you would prefer a different build or a wanting to focus on energy, just need to reply
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    buccaneerdtbbuccaneerdtb Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    dahminus wrote: »
    http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=dahmscimdread_0

This how I would set it up, 20k+ torp build if you have 3 projectile doffs and fire your torps on the following rotation

Rom hyper, regular plasma, omega

If you would prefer a different build or a wanting to focus on energy, just need to reply

Seriously? That looks like a very boring macro build with 2x every BO ability. I have a lot of fun using all unique BO abilities. The Scimitar can be fairly Science heavy with LtC and Lt, while still having Lt and Ensign Engineering and Commander Tactical. The Elachi weapons look and sound cool and work well with Borg weapon set. I also like a Beam Overload Dual Beam Bank for spike (swapping out the ensign engineer for an ensign tactical beam overload).
  • Options
    fmgtorres1979fmgtorres1979 Member Posts: 1,327 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hello Everyone!

I just became VA with my Romulan Tac and bought the Dreadnought Pack.

The idea is to build a good DPS dealer and resilient as the original Scimitar from the Nemesis movie.

I was wondering about energy types and decided to run Weapon like this for now:
    Fore - 4x Plasma DHC Mk XI Purple + Plasma Torp Mk XI Blue
    Aft - 3 x Plasma Turret Mk XI Blue

I put the console set in the science slots, because with secondary shields I think I don't need those Shield Field Emitters.

What to put on the other consoles? I don't have those Rep beauties yet.

I don't want to run the Aux2Bat build for now, as I get higher in Rep I want to try some other builds.

Any thoughts?

Hi

I use the same setup but using phased polaron (MK XI purple relatively cheap on the exchange) plus the Jem'Hadar set you get through the missions (that boosts polaron damage) and a quantum torpedo instead of plasma. On the other console slots I have placed a neutronium and the romulan rep console (zero point something, something, I belive the name to be).

EDIT:

Huh, I guess it goes without saying that the tact console slots are all polaron phase modulators
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Seriously? That looks like a very boring macro build with 2x every BO ability. I have a lot of fun using all unique BO abilities. The Scimitar can be fairly Science heavy with LtC and Lt, while still having Lt and Ensign Engineering and Commander Tactical. The Elachi weapons look and sound cool and work well with Borg weapon set. I also like a Beam Overload Dual Beam Bank for spike (swapping out the ensign engineer for an ensign tactical beam overload).

Being a min/maxer, I enjoy dpsing as hard as I can...and what about the "seriously" you disagree with the style of build, dps in general or something all together? And there is 2 of each boff ability for max uptime...

No macros or key binds for that matter. The strategy is rather dummy proof and with that dps. You can solo the elites.

I wish there were accolades for soloing elites, would be great

• Options
    edited August 2013
    IF I remember, STFs missions require 5 or 10 players to begin.

About the Builds... I don't have the Reputation itens. yet.

I thinking in put RCS and Neutronium in the Eng. Slots.

TAC I'll go Plasma for now.

About Kinetic damage: You recomend the Cutting Beam from Borg Rep?

Well, for now this plasma torp seems enough.
    --
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Ya they do, but I've soloed ISE and a side of kse+donatra from asking friends to go afk

• Options
    edited August 2013
    IF I remember, STFs missions require 5 or 10 players to begin.

About the Builds... I don't have the Reputation itens. yet.

I thinking in put RCS and Neutronium in the Eng. Slots.

TAC I'll go Plasma for now.

About Kinetic damage: You recomend the Cutting Beam from Borg Rep?

Well, for now this plasma torp seems enough.

RCS is just wasted. You don't need it on the Scimitar.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    RCS is just wasted. You don't need it on the Scimitar.

Well, with the RCS I get 9 seconds faster doing a full turn.

Two Neutronium them?
    --
  • Options
    protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This ought to be in the Romulan Gameplay forum
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Well, with the RCS I get 9 seconds faster doing a full turn.

Two Neutronium them?

You can always use evasive maneuvers or cloak to improve your turn. So, in my opinion it doesn't pay to use a console slot for a bit of more maneuverability for very specific situations. Also, considering that your alpha strikes will be devastating, that the turrets have a 360? firing arc, that you have the singularity abilities and that for instance in STF's you need to park and fire, I really don't see muck coming out of th RCS.

The second neutronium is good or even an ablative hull console. But I think that you should aim for the borg and romulan reputations consoles as soon as you can. They give extra power and better critical chance, which means that the Scimitar's damage burst will be even greater.

Now, if you plan on PVP, the RCS may be an option. But since I don't PVP I would be misleading if i were to give you an opinion on that.