Install Arc
Options

Hoping this Never Happens Here

13»

Comments

• Options
    vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Death threats are just rhetorics to convey emotion.

Is there a single case of a developer experiencing any type of assault or attack in real life ?

It's not exactly bosnia or columbia in the streets every night.

If you aren't ready to take the heat for a poor product they should find a new job... and they did.
  • Options
    marshalericdavidmarshalericdavid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Video games do matter. They matter to people living with depression, poor life circumstances, stress, and the like.

This is so true. All forms of entertainment is important. I would kill myself if their was nothing in life that was fun and entertaining.
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    vestereng wrote: »
    Death threats are just rhetorics to convey emotion.

Is there a single case of a developer experiencing any type of assault or attack in real life ?

It's not exactly bosnia or columbia in the streets every night.

If you aren't ready to take the heat for a poor product they should find a new job... and they did.

I've must have missed the report that Crime is at 0 in the U.S and declared a utopia where nothing ever happens.:rolleyes:

all you need is the one person to make good on his promise....there are sick people in the world and most are on the internet.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    darren0kitlordarren0kitlor Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    drac0s65 wrote: »
    Just read this article this morning and I am hoping that this never happens to any of the great people who bring us STO.

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in/gamers-killing-game-industry-195959860.html

I hope that never happens.

The devs have done a fine job in my estimation. The game's improved considerably since launch--and seems to have picked up development pace compared to its first year.

I don't post nearly as often here but I just wanted to thank those who've stuck with the game and kept a cool-head, despite disagreements.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    carcharodon1975carcharodon1975 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ulukayx wrote: »
    No one deserves Death threats, or constant harassment and insults over bugs or design decisions for a Video Game. It's fine posting about your grievances, but personal attacks do nothing to further your agenda. In fact, quite the opposite.

There is a lesson to be learnt here somewhere....

For a game developer the most profitable outcome is to have players heavily invested in their product,both financially and emotionally.This is especially true with MMO's and multi-sequel franchises.Now,this potential goldmine does have one major drawback,anything that upsets the balance of this relationship can lead to feelings of betrayal.
    Think of it as a marriage,where the husband thinks it's a good idea to surprise the wife by taking a mistress.Nobody would be surprised if the wife took revenge her husband.

Let that be the lesson for the devs....Hell hath no fury as a player scorned.

All I can say is.....Some players take it too far.....and some devs deserve a swift kick in the nuts.
    The PWE/Cryptic sweatshop...not where the game is made,but where the game is played!

Take back your home,end the grind!

Volunteer moderators policing the forums is like a mall cop trying to solve a murder.
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Okay, the Phil Fish one was a bad example, he was as much at fault as the blogger that was razzing him. I mean, you get into a twitter fight with ONE blogger and you quit an industry and destroy a possible indie franchise? WTF man?

The other two however, and the many like them, yeah, that's sick and TRIBBLE. But you have to understand that this is people being huge crybabies and the internet just lets their incessant whining get heard easier. I guarantee you that if it were existed back then, there would be just as many death threats over things like the Atari Jaguar, Virtual Boy, even freaking pinball machines.

If a game upsets you morally, like super violent games or **** simulators, then yeah, you have a legitimate right to be upset about those kinds of things. But if you're telling someone that you'll gut their children alive due to a stupid story change in a game......

....you should take a moment to stop sucking the swollen teat of the media, and re-think your shallow, selfish, meaningless drop of troll sweat called your life.