Install Arc

the c-store free stuff

xsupersnailxxsupersnailx Member Posts: 180 Arc User
I don't mean to sound greedy or anything, but there wasn't anything free today
Post edited by xsupersnailx on

Comments

• auriciusauricius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I don't mean to sound greedy or anything, but there wasn't anything free today

It was a monday to friday promotion.
  • tc10btc10b Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well actually there was, it's just that the Friday giveaway was extended until Monday for those who couldn't get it on Friday.
  • klaatuwolfklaatuwolf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Was there some kind of glitch Friday that prevented people from getting their free ship? If not, I don't see why they needed to extend the giveaway. Hell, I managed to log on and get all five days worth of stuff and I have to go to a friends house to play STO since all I have at home is dialup. I even managed to get the Risan ship in the time originally allotted. So if I can do it, anyone should be able to.
  • sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    klaatuwolf wrote: »
    Was there some kind of glitch Friday that prevented people from getting their free ship? If not, I don't see why they needed to extend the giveaway. Hell, I managed to log on and get all five days worth of stuff and I have to go to a friends house to play STO since all I have at home is dialup. I even managed to get the Risan ship in the time originally allotted. So if I can do it, anyone should be able to.

The player needed a toon of the proper rank to claim the ship, so now they have the weekend to rank up a toon and claim the free ship.
  • marshalericdavidmarshalericdavid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sentinel64 wrote: »
    The player needed a toon of the proper rank to claim the ship, so now they have the weekend to rank up a toon and claim the free ship.

I am happy for this because it gives people more chance to get a end game actual Star Trek ship I hope to see more Nebula Class ships being used then Cryptic ships.
  • klaatuwolfklaatuwolf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sentinel64 wrote: »

Not to sound like "that guy" or anything, but that's hardly a reason to extend the time for the giveaway. To me that's like saying that everyone who wasn't able to get a Risan corvette ecause maybe they hadn't even created a character in time should get an extra 20 days to run the missions for the pearls. It's an event, it lasts from A to B, and barring technical problems on Cryptic/PWE's end, that should be the only time to get the goodies from the event.