test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Thank you for the Giveaway

illyrian2008illyrian2008 Member Posts: 271 Arc User
Dear Cryptic,

Thank you for the giveaway, some nice items to be had :)

Much appreciated.
Post edited by illyrian2008 on

Comments

• Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yes, thank you. It was a nice surprise.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I agreez.

/10
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    phaserfredphaserfred Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Nothing really gained by these free items...

They were the least purchased, least desired items in the game.

Time to move on.
  • Options
    cgta1967cgta1967 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I gained a lot.....free stuff iz kewl !!!!
    edited August 2013
    Yep, thank you Cryptic.
    phaserfred wrote: »

Time to move on.

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. There was a bunch of good stuff among it.
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Time to move on.

Oh yes.... free items are bad...
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    richardewirichardewi Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thank you very much, Brian and the Cryptic team, for the free stuff!!

My 3 characters: Vice Admiral Williams, Major General Korrah, and Sub Admiral II Ricardus, thank you as well. I will put all of the ships and costumes to good use!!!:):D:P
  • Options
    ravenechosevenravenechoseven Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    My thanks as well. Despite the fact I owned the majority of the items already and the fact I probably won't have time to level up a KDF toon tonight to get the big KDF ship, I thank you anyway. Here's hoping this thread exceeds the number of rage threads/posts we'll likely see here.
    Trekking online since January 2010!

7th Joint Task Force
    Third Reserve Flotilla
    House of Sigma
  • Options
    stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I don't think I'll ever use most of the stuff that was given away for free, but then free sh*t is free sh*t. Mad props to Cryptic for this.
  • Options
    xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Giveaway was great, very kind of them and useful to me as a player. Thank you, and keep the awesomeness coming. :)
  • Options
    dechala1dechala1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Today's free giveaway in particular was AWESOME, I was actually going to buy BOTH of these ships if they weren't given away!

Sorry for the loss of sales on those two (who's kidding anyone I'll just buy something else) but love both of these ships, and the Yellowstone yesterday too.

~Rock on
  • Options
    vamankvamank Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thank you very much. Some really nice items. I love my tunic and now I have a decent ship to start a Science Character with.
    Admiral%20sig%202.png
  • Options
    sorceror01sorceror01 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yeah, I, too, was pretty pleased with this giveaway. I always wanted to pick up a personal To'Duj fighter, and the Marauder Cruiser was a sweet bonus. The costumes weren't bad, either.
    All around, very nice.
    ".... you're gonna have a bad time."
  • Options
    cem3212cem3212 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I just wanted to state my thanks as well for the generous "giveaway". From the novel to the spectacular hopefully everyone got at least one item that was useful. It was most unexpected & very appreciated.
  • Options
    szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,724 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    In an era of abundantly dubious suspicion and cynicism, I too would like to say "Thank You!"(again) for this random act of generosity to those whom are responsible for it.

I may not be able to wrap my head around the 'why' it was done, but I'm not going to look the gift horse in the mouth or complain about it.
  • Options
    darknessmutadarknessmuta Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I do kind of wish we got the Vulcan D'Kyr like people were speculating since it got patched yesterday and usually they only do that for older ships when something special is going to happen with it but at one point the Nebula was a favorite by many so it will be nice to give it a try.
  • Options
    admanf2padmanf2p Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I already said thank you in another thread, but it does beg to repeat!

Honestly, two of the things given away I actually wanted, and had planned to purchase at some point - the To'Duj and the Nebula. They always sat on my short list of "buy" items, and I never went for them. Glad I waited!

The only item from the entire week that I actually owned was the Marauder (yes, I know. SHOCKING!!!).
  • Options
    stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'd also like to give a big shout-out to all the people who're QQing over Cryptic giving away free stuff for their free-to-play game that's free. I'm convinced if Cryptic were to personally track these people down by their IP address, go to their home and knock on their front door, and hand over a five dollar bill they'd still go '...Why isn't it a ten?'

*slow clap*
  • Options
    darkdog13darkdog13 Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    At some point i was planning on buying a To'Duj Fighter just for fun so instead got it for free.

I wish the tier 5 ships had been more useful but it's better then a sharp stick in the eye.
  • Options
    peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Every item was something that I didn't have yet, so I'm very happy about that. Plus with the exception of thursdays all of them were items that I will be making planty of use of.

THANK YOU CRYPTIC!!!!!
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • Options
    pegasuscicpegasuscic Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Time to move on.

Free stuff is free stuff, whether you'll ever use it or not. You're not paying for it so who cares. I already had two of the big ticket items already, the Nebula and Rhode Island, but I'm not going to complain. Plus everybody always complains that Cryptic/PWE "takes takes takes" and never "gives gives gives". Now they "give" and some people act ungrateful. Guess they can't win.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "There's a reason you separate military and the police. One fights the enemies of the state, the other serves and protects the people. When the military becomes both, then the enemies of the state tend to become the people."-Commander William Adama
  • Options
    pegasuscicpegasuscic Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Every item was something that I didn't have yet, so I'm very happy about that. Plus with the exception of thursdays all of them were items that I will be making planty of use of.

THANK YOU CRYPTIC!!!!!

Even if you can't use the ships from Thursday's giveaway, you can always use the console on other ships. So you may yet still use something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "There's a reason you separate military and the police. One fights the enemies of the state, the other serves and protects the people. When the military becomes both, then the enemies of the state tend to become the people."-Commander William Adama
  • Options
    peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    pegasuscic wrote: »
    Even if you can't use the ships from Thursday's giveaway, you can always use the console on other ships. So you may yet still use something.

Good point. hadn't though of that. :D
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy