test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Summer Giveaway - Day 4 [Now Complete]

Comments

• tehjoneltehjonel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    woot! i don't have either and always wanted both. thanks!
  • holyknight22holyknight22 Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Are they really going to give away the D'kyr thought? If they do so they will be giving away the Tal'ykr Shuttle as well, which is essentially two for one deal.

Then again, that might mean the KDF gets a 2500 zen ship to make up for the fact the Feds are technically receiving two different ships.
  • keppoch1keppoch1 Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Are they really going to give away the D'kyr thought? If they do so they will be giving away the Tal'ykr Shuttle as well, which is essentially two for one deal.

Then again, that might mean the KDF gets a 2500 zen ship to make up for the fact the Feds are technically receiving two different ships.

I doubt very seriously that they will give the D'kyr away. I have heard no comments from devs on what they will be giving away tomorrow. The D'kyr is the hopeful desire of a number of players. I also don't think the existence of a fleet version has any bearing on the choice of ship to give away.

My thoughts are the ships they will give away will be in the 2000 zen cost range. I also think that the candidates will be the ones that have been available for tokens. This would be the Defiant, Galaxy, Intrepid retrofits and the Varanus, marauder, Kar'fi, B'rel retrofit ships. I also think that since today was science vessels, then tomorrow will more likely not be science vessels. I also, doubt that they would give a carrier away.

My believe that the Federation ships will either be the Defiant retrofit or the Galaxy retro fit. Since they have been available for tokens since they were released, they have not sold very many of these. By the time, the game went f2p, there were better ships available. I am not considering the Intrepid retrofit, because it is a science vessel. On the KDF side, I think it woudl be the Bop Retrofit. It is essentially, a universal ship. Also, all three are fairly iconic ships representing Star Trek. It would be a good way to end the give away.

Then again. I am usually wrong.
  • jockey1979jockey1979 Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have both of these ships, but I am glad to see so many people who did not have them can now have a play.

The KDF space barrier console if used right can be a life saver, it can take a hit from a Tholaron Pulse !!!! and is on the same timer ;)
    It can block movement in STFs or PvP - it is a space cover shield, and it takes a pounding if your enemy is not smart enough to fly around it (most space borg of dumb as **** )

The Fed console can also be a life saver if used right, it is also really amusing to watch people chasing after a fake you while you heal up :D

Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday I was able to claim everything, so I got free things (YAY), I'm eager to see tomorrows ships, I'm going to bet on Gal-X and Siege Destroyer, so both sides get lance weapons :P

If it is, I have both so no biggy, but I think they would be nice for a lot of people to get free and use them. The Gal-X is so under rated and insulted yet I have a blast in mine, it is real good fun, the siege destroyer is also a good ship in my opinion and again, rarely seen.

Good luck for tomorrow all !!

And thank you Devs, really loving my free stuff and the stuff I've paid for. Keep up the good work :)
  • aquitaine985aquitaine985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I don't have either of these ships. SCORE!

Thanks Cryptic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Aquitaine985
    Lag Industries STO PvP Fleet - Executive
    A Sad Panda of Industrial calibre.
    2010: This is Cryptic PvP. Please hold the line, your call is very important to us...
  • kimonykimony Member Posts: 571 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thank you everyone at Cryptic/PWE for all the fine gifts, I've been wearing the clothes (thanks for fixing the trousers) and flying the ships. (I could spend all day in the ship tailor interchanging parts and colors and such.)

It's been a great end to the "Summer Event"

Like some of you I'll be missing out on the Klingon ship tomorrow as my Klingon character (My main is Fed) is only level 25, no worries though, I really really like the ship I got today and it will carry me on for quite a while I think. Wonder what the Fed ship will be?

Cheers

:)

#SaucersForever #TrianglesCutDeep #TeamBeta #ShipOneisNumberOne
  • theonetruetomtheonetruetom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    With the space barrier console... If you put it on a vo'quv, be careful where you put that thing. Don't put it anywhere near where you're going or you'll run into it.
  • captainjgeecaptainjgee Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Haven't got either, still not claiming for free. Cryptic just tell us what the bad news is going to be and get it over with, I'm guessing we are going to be forced to use ARC.

At least X Rebirth and Rome: Total war 2 is coming out really soon, two of my most favourite games ever.

Save me posting for Day 5, if I haven't got the ship I'm still not claiming it, and unlike many I actually do what I say.:P
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Strike 3. I guess. Hard to count strikes by halves. So far the only things I didn't have were the KDF ships. Not sure how a T3 KDF ship is gonna help my level 50... Not even a fleet version to save me 3 FSMs on. :rolleyes:
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    keppoch1 wrote: »
    I doubt very seriously that they will give the D'kyr away. I have heard no comments from devs on what they will be giving away tomorrow. The D'kyr is the hopeful desire of a number of players. I also don't think the existence of a fleet version has any bearing on the choice of ship to give away.

My thoughts are the ships they will give away will be in the 2000 zen cost range. I also think that the candidates will be the ones that have been available for tokens. This would be the Defiant, Galaxy, Intrepid retrofits and the Varanus, marauder, Kar'fi, B'rel retrofit ships. I also think that since today was science vessels, then tomorrow will more likely not be science vessels. I also, doubt that they would give a carrier away.

My believe that the Federation ships will either be the Defiant retrofit or the Galaxy retro fit. Since they have been available for tokens since they were released, they have not sold very many of these. By the time, the game went f2p, there were better ships available. I am not considering the Intrepid retrofit, because it is a science vessel. On the KDF side, I think it woudl be the Bop Retrofit. It is essentially, a universal ship. Also, all three are fairly iconic ships representing Star Trek. It would be a good way to end the give away.

Then again. I am usually wrong.

I was hoping for the Nebula actually, but since they gave a science vessel already I think you are right, feds will probably get the Gal R (since they somehow wanted to rework it anyway or release a new pack or something, so they make sure many players have the stock versions for a discount?).

Btw: Thanks again, I didn't own any of those ships. They are T2 mind you, but maybe the consoles can be fun tools to try out ^^
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • kartimozkartimoz Member Posts: 57
    edited August 2013
    Much appreciated! Thank you! ;)
  • fallenhawkfallenhawk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I want anything that has Lt.Com Tec and/or turn rate 8+.Unless I can get the Fleet version for the discount price of 1 FM then I'll be fine. Talking about last day giveaway btw.
    [SIGPIC]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/Badbones/Mysig.png[/SIGPIC]
    I can still move.
    I can still fight.
    I will never give up!
  • captainiwwcaptainiww Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You bring happiness to some players - but not really to me :confused:

i play sto for a long time, and spent some money,

now you give my money to all other players.

i like to play, but to get nothing isn't nice - that make me worry. :mad:

enjoy your gifts - have fun by playing sto (most of you)

will be nice to get also something free, but i think the 5th can't claim from me :(

IWW
  • jmaster29jmaster29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thanks Cryptic/PWE :D:D:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thank you!! My Defiant now can battle cloak thanks to this!!

And hell yeah, this was also a dog gorn deal :D:D

T5... can we have Flagships instead? :D

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • dmetrikepidmetrikepi Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If anybody needs to be the 4th faction, it should be the Cardassians (real Cardassians, not True Way Cardassians). I'd also maybe think it'd be funny for it to be The Ferengi, but only if it's really funny.

I'm crossing my fingers that it's a tactical side ship for the Feds. The carrier would be beyond my wildest dreams. Still, you know, that thing about beggers and choosers.
  • bmdefiant2069bmdefiant2069 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Personally v impressed with the Yellowstone and Rhode Island starship giveaways..both of which I was considering spending ZEN on...

Looking forward to whats next...
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Please be an Intrepid retrofit for the feds and a siege destroyer for the KDF.
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • captainmikeccaptainmikec Member Posts: 94 Arc User
      edited August 2013
      also just wanted to say thanks for the goodies!!
      "Tickle us, do we not laugh? Prick us, do we not bleed? Wrong us, shall we not revenge?"
      -General Chang
    • dunfalachdunfalach Member Posts: 5 Arc User
      edited August 2013
      This has been a really nice set for myself and a family member.

I already had the DS9 uniforms and Command Tunic, but the ships have all been new for me. My family member joined fairly recently, so the uniforms and shuttle/fighter were new for him, even though the Day 4 stuff was too high level for him.

It's always possible that rather than give away a pair of lvl 50 ships they may give away more than one per faction of smaller items to make up the final numbers, of course. Part of me is hoping for lvl 50s and part of me is hoping for something smaller only because my Orion isn't up to 50 yet. :>
    • oschwoschw Member Posts: 10 Arc User
      edited August 2013
      dunfalach wrote: »
      This has been a really nice set for myself and a family member.

I already had the DS9 uniforms and Command Tunic, but the ships have all been new for me. My family member joined fairly recently, so the uniforms and shuttle/fighter were new for him, even though the Day 4 stuff was too high level for him.

It's always possible that rather than give away a pair of lvl 50 ships they may give away more than one per faction of smaller items to make up the final numbers, of course. Part of me is hoping for lvl 50s and part of me is hoping for something smaller only because my Orion isn't up to 50 yet. :>

Uhm, no, thats not possible by the official statement, which was "8 items in total, if you can claim them on both factions" we had 2 uniforms and 4 ships so far, leaving 2 ships for the last day.
    • lawntonlawnton Member Posts: 3 Arc User
      edited August 2013
      Thank Koooo
    • dave18193dave18193 Member Posts: 416 Arc User
      edited August 2013
      I'd originally guessed Nebula as the likeliest T5 fed ship, but since the ships we just got were science it seems less likely now.

On the upside, that means we're more likely to get the excelsior or defiant. Either would be awesome.

Dont know what to think KDF side, though personally the Varanus would be my last choice of KDF at that tier, and getting that is now less likely (would they really give away two Gorn science ships in a row?). I still think Marauder, since it isnt a very common ship, is 2,000z and isnt largely expected (would be so much more appealing if it unlocked the incredible orion interceptors).

But then again so is the B'rel. Kinda hoping we get B'rel KDF side. At first I thought it would grant too many people FSM discounts, but as someone else pointed out Cryptic might end up selling more 1xFSM's then total sales from 4FSM purchases.

Still, its really nice of cryptic to do this, and I reckon it will increase sales in the long run as well as inject more variety in the short term.

Whatever tonight's give-away is, thanks in advance cryptic.
      Got a cat? Have 10 minutes to help someone make the best degree dissertation of all time?

Then please fill out my dissertation survey on feline attachment, it'd be a massive help (-:

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/87XKSGH
    • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited August 2013
      tali9999 wrote: »
      WOW!

Thank you Cryptic! You are giving away lot of stuff this week!

I am getting worried. Last time i got so much free items in a MMO was in City of Heroes just before it got shut down :(

Please, i hope everything is right with STO lol
      :P

I wouldn't worry.

There are lots of limited-time gimmies in STO all the time. Every new FE or FE Replay promotion, for example.

And look at what they're giving away.

DS9 uniform -> A lot of people had it already, and it's not a high-Zen item. Good PR.

TOS Command Tunic -> This was in the TOS bundle, so a lot of people probably already had this one, too. Also not a high-Zen item. Anybody who didn't already have it probably weren't planning on buying it. Again, good PR.

Fed Runabout/KDF Fighter -> Both nice, but they're only 500 zen small craft. You'll also notice they didn't give away either the Peregrine or the Delta Flyer. No idea what the sales on these were, but if they put them out there more people will see them and want them. I suspect these will drive sales for other small craft.

The Rhode Island -> This was one of the first +1 C-Store ships and it took a lot of heat when it first came out. It's a T-3 ship, not likely to be used in any endgame content and the Photonic Displacement console is a very situational defensive gimmick. By the time you get to endgame you have lots of effective "panic buttons" at your disposal.

The Phalanx -> If you're a Gornophile, or a KDF science officer, you might've had one of these already. If you weren't, you probably weren't going to get it. The Barrier Field sounds like a cool thing, but I imagine it's also very situational. Notice they did not give away the other Gorn ship that came with the repair drones.

I'm not dissing Cryptic... I have benefitted from all of these giveaways so far and I am very grateful. But they aren't exactly giving away the Crown Jewels.

And there's one more piece of this puzzle that comes into play.

Free Uniforms -> Paid Costume Slots (and a sale on those to sweeten the pot)
      Free Ships -> Paid Ship Slots

They know exactly what they're doing, and I bet all of these giveaways end up generating more sales.
      My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
      Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
    • theonetruetomtheonetruetom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited August 2013
      Barrier field can eat a blast from Donatra.
    • holyknight22holyknight22 Member Posts: 174 Arc User
      edited August 2013
      Barrier field can eat a blast from Donatra.

Absolutely true, I tested this last night with a friend for the heck of it on my Fleet K'Tinga. Both times the shield absorbed the blast with no bleed through at all.

I've also heard it can be used in KVE, CSE, and ISE to temporary block ship movement when you do not have a Gravity Well/Tractor Repuslor available.

So my Gorn Engineer in his Fleet K'Tinga will continue to promote the use of Gorn Technology, glory to the Hegem....Empire.
    • almiranalmiran Member Posts: 6 Arc User
      edited August 2013
      Hi,,

I try to get the Phalanx vessel with 2 characters, a KDF and Rom-KDF (level 14 and 10 when I try) but can't claim.

Both characters are new and with the correct level to get the ship according to STO blog post (says Lt. Cmdr level 10 or above).

The buttom always are in gray saying my character is restricted to get this item.

I need some help here or a fix from the other side.

Regards,
      Gonzo.
    • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
      edited August 2013
      You need to be level 20 for the KDF ship.
      JWZrsUV.jpg
      Mine Trap Supporter
    • xbalankexbalanke Member Posts: 64 Arc User
      edited August 2013
      Since they use the discount system with an effective 100% discount for the promotions the level restrictions are enforced since you also instantly get the ship you claim assigned to you and put in the shipyard - so you also need a free ship slot..

Had they used boxes like for the steamrunner, even lower level chars could have claimed these ships, but that would have required changes to the store since none of these ships used to come in boxes...

So unless you can rush your character to level 20 in the next 2 hrs, and level 40 by tomorrow, you are out of luck..
    • almiranalmiran Member Posts: 6 Arc User
      edited August 2013
      lan451 wrote: »
      You need to be level 20 for the KDF ship.

Thanks!

My mistake, I read the FED instead of KDF.

Apologys for the confusion.

Regards,
      Gonzo.
    This discussion has been closed.