test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The old [Acc] [CritH] [Borg] weapons.

dknight0001dknight0001 Member Posts: 1,542
edited August 2013 in Klingon Discussion
I've just refit my old [Acc] [CritH] [Borg] Mk XII Disruptor DHCs with fancy new Polarised Disruptor DHCs [Acc] [CritH] (Good enough for PVE) and i'm wondering since these weapons are no longer available is it worth hanging onto them? The Borg proc isn't the greatest and when I got them it was a very quick way to get Mk XII weapons while grinding for that damned salvage.

But now I'm thinking maybe I should scrap them, since the [Borg] proc doesn't seem to be as good anymore. Especially when I can get a Polaron Proc or heck the new shield ignoring Elachi Disruptors. The catch is once there gone, they can't be replaced.

I've got Flow caps & Plasmonic Leech so the idea behind the Polarised Disruptors was it's even more drain on those unfortunate targets. And it seemed to mesh with the Garumba nicely. I'm thinking of trying Hazard Emitters 1 with Energy Siphon 1 on it too.
I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001. :confused:
If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
Post edited by dknight0001 on

Comments

• Options
    johankreigjohankreig Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    personaly I would keep em, there the kind of weapon that once u loose em you find a need for em.
    Jorhana Kreig: KDF, Tal'is: Romulan Fed, Shona'a: Romulan KDF, Johan Paul Kreig: Fed
  • Options
    stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    As far as I am aware, the (Borg) mod never worked on anything other than torpedoes.

I upgraded to Advanced Fleet weapons and ditched the borg weapons. Mark XII ultra-rare with x2 (Acc)? Yes please.
  • Options
    emperordeslokemperordeslok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It worked on all the weapons, just so few borg targets for it to even roll against last time i saw a ship with full "borg" weapons it's entire damage boost through th match was 38k, less than a typical torpedo salvo over an entire stf
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I can watch the damage numbers come up over a Borg target and every so often I'd see a perfect 1000 in there so I know they worked.

For PVP [Acc] is king as much as possible is still not enough, but in PVE more than a single [Acc] isn't necessary, (especially when you got skills in targetting). Hence my [Acc] [CrtH] [Polaron] Disruptors are more useful to me. Flow Caps and the Polaron Proc help pull the power out of the Enemy, Disruptors cause the pain. The Disruptor Coils power both Guns and the Javelin and if you proc the Disruptor you Proc the Polaron so their hull and shields weaken together if their still even up.

I replaced them not so much to get more punch, but to get a more interesting Proc that really fits the idea behind the ship.
    I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001. :confused:
    If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
    When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
  • Options
    davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I really wish they would return those weapons to the game as an Omega Reputation store unlock much as the Romulan Plasma Weapons are.

Here are my suggestions to make the [Borg] modifer more useful:

-ALWAYS adds bonus damage to Borg NPCs on top of the damage caused by the weapon damage rolls.

-Chance to do damge to Borg modified ships in PvP. A Borg Modified ship would be one that has equipped at least one piece of the Borg Assimilated Shield/Deflector/Engine set, OR at least one piece from the Omega Adapted Borg Weapon/Console set.

-Base Weapon Proc always activates against Borg NPCs (Phasers alwyas disable a subsystem, Plasma always ignites burn, Polarons conitually pile on subsystem drain until NPC's subsystem power=0, Tetryons Strip NPC Borg Shields, Disruptor adds weakness with every hit to Borg NPCs until defnese=0)

Is this too much to ask? As most of these only affect specific NPCs, is it really breaking the game? If these suggestions work, then it could be the basis for creating anti-Romulan, Anti-Tholian, and Anti-Dominion weapons.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Those all seem super OP.

Even a small increase to the Weapon Proc rate for the Borg modifier would be awesome. 100% would be too good. One salvo of Phasers or Polarons and the Borg are dead in space.

The chance for the 1000 (which ignores shields BTW) to hit a player with Borg tech on his ship would be hilarious in PVP as everybody has the Assimilated Module.
  • Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Those all seem super OP.
    They might be OP if they worked but the old Borg weapons are broken. A bit like Fleet mines and 10% tet proc weapons which are useless. Borg weapons only counted half of borg as borg so most targets they had a 0% proc chance.
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Even without the [Borg] proc, its still a Mk12 [acc][crth] weapon. Good standby.
  • Options
    espiritasespiritas Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Personally I think even in the STF's, unless it is a torpedo with the borg proc, you might as well dump them once replaced. a CrtD or crtH will, in the long run, prove to increase the potential dps higher than the borg proc on energy weapons and has the added benefit of being useful in missions and events outside of the STF's.

If it is on a torpedo I would keep it. the proc has a much higher chance of going off compared to energy weapons, and is guarenteed to go off once through torp spread whenever it is used. Also considering most ships only equip one or two of them, it is a minimal loss of space to keep them in your inventory to swap them out with more conventional torps to use in other missions.

We are many. We are legion. We are the proud, the bad, the infinitely expendable.
    We! Are RED SHIRTS!
    ...Tremble in thy footwear.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    The chance for the 1000 (which ignores shields BTW) to hit a player with Borg tech on his ship would be hilarious in PVP as everybody has the Assimilated Module.

And make players consider the merits of whether they really want to equip one of those two sets or not. It would add an additional element to PvP. If nothing else, it would serve to "weaken" or "balance" those sets compaired to players who do not use (or have not yet earned) them.
  • Options
    twamtwam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    *shrug*

I held onto mine on various characters, as they are great backup sets. If I want to experiment with semi-geared secondary ships, it's excellent. I also don't really notice the performance difference vs "better" weapons. Then there's the tac for which I got some last minute anti-proton weapons before S7 launched... :)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    They might be OP if they worked but the old Borg weapons are broken. A bit like Fleet mines and 10% tet proc weapons which are useless. Borg weapons only counted half of borg as borg so most targets they had a 0% proc chance.

Sounds like the bug is the NPC ships not being properly identified as Borg rather than the weapon.
    Even without the [Borg] proc, its still a Mk12 [acc][crth] weapon. Good standby.

True, but I just replaced them with a set of MK XII [Acc][CrtH]. I guess I'm keeping them on one of my unused ships for now at least.
    twam wrote: »
    *shrug*

I held onto mine on various characters, as they are great backup sets. If I want to experiment with semi-geared secondary ships, it's excellent. I also don't really notice the performance difference vs "better" weapons. Then there's the tac for which I got some last minute anti-proton weapons before S7 launched... :)

I suppose it also depends on if you have a starbase that you can get the Advanced Fleet Weapons from. Not that I recall if you can actually get them with a [Acc][CrtH] combo on.

On the Elachi weapons, I was a little surprised to see they replaced the Disruptor Proc completely I was expecting them to be Hybrid's their basically an all new weapon type that just happens to be boosted by Disruptor Consoles.

They actually make me want to make a Fed style Cannon Cruiser (Singles Cannons for those who don't get the joke) because it would look awesome firing. Hmm, they did give me a free Maruader today.

Oh and for the record it looks like I'm keeping those DHC's & Turrets a bit longer.
  • Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Sounds like the bug is the NPC ships not being properly identified as Borg rather than the weapon.
    That would explain why they never got fixed. I would guess the only way to fix the weapons was to re do every single mission, event, STF and redo both normal and elite versions.

It is a shame we never had a replacement for the Borg torp. The devs placed a similar proc to the Borg energy weapon in the rep system but never put a similar replacement in the rep system for the Borg torps and mines :(

The torpedo rep system replacement is just so useless with its 95% nerf for no apparent reason I can see.
  • Options
    twamtwam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Actually, I remember coming across a dev statement to that effect at some point. Some of them are recognised, some of them aren't. Mostly, it's the Klingon-Borg stuff and their spawns that's still coded/recognised as Klingon, and Donatra and her TB mines that's marked as Romulan.

It seems that adapted stuff is still heavily based on the original code, confusing the [borg] proc. I guess un-breaking it was a lot of work, involving lots of code and the potential to break other things...
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    twam wrote: »
    It seems that adapted stuff is still heavily based on the original code, confusing the [borg] proc. I guess un-breaking it was a lot of work, involving lots of code and the potential to break other things...

Which is why they need to put a hold on all the new gimicks and giveaways and put a large chuck of time just fixing the bugs. Then they could do a "re-launch" much as they did for Europe's "Re-launch". I can go for a few months without new material; there is so much to complete and earn (as far as fleet advnacement, Reputation, and accolades), that we need time to digest it all. And for those who have only one of two characters, they could easily spend that time leveling/reputation advancing a new character or two.