test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Best weapons to put on a mirror voq'uv carrier

johankreigjohankreig Member Posts: 449 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Klingon Discussion
I have a mirror carrier waiting in my bank for me, I would like advice as to what I should arm it with, My usual carrier tactic is to go for beem arrays all round, but i wonder if I should try a different approach with the klingon one, I do however see the default weapons are beam arrays and DBBs.
Jorhana Kreig: KDF, Tal'is: Romulan Fed, Shona'a: Romulan KDF, Johan Paul Kreig: Fed
Post edited by johankreig on

Comments

• Options
    dknight0001dknight0001 Member Posts: 1,542
    edited August 2013
    I run

Fore
    Torpedo > Beam Array > Dual Beam

Aft
    Beam Array > Beam Array > Kinetic Cutting Beam

I use the Hyper Plasma Torpedo and Romulan Experimental Beam, and use all Plasma Beams except the KCB.

For Pets BoPs survive better than most other things.
    I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001. :confused:
    If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
    When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
  • Options
    johankreigjohankreig Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ok thanks, thats pretty much what i was gona go with but mines untill i can get the KCB.
    Jorhana Kreig: KDF, Tal'is: Romulan Fed, Shona'a: Romulan KDF, Johan Paul Kreig: Fed
  • Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    My tac voquv is about the same as dknight's. Basic idea is to point the ship at the target, throw a gravwell and 2 wings of BOPs at the target, set the romulan torps to auto-fire, and poke at it with the DBB and KCB. The other beam arrays in the back are only used for local defense, and I dont try to broadside with them or anything.

I use disruptors instead of the rom rep beams, but the rom beams are the better choice.
  • Options
    coldicephoenixcoldicephoenix Member Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have the Voquv as well but the regular one as I have a sci capn
    Its built more for cc so I have a Chroniton torp and 2 Romulan beam fore, a KB and 2 romulan bean at rear. rep gear for deflector/shield/engines. It can tank like a boss and hold off probes at the same time as well. For pets I use the Orion one as they use chronitons as well and have drain beams which drain engines/weapons/

We still live!!!!! Hahahahahahahahaa! We live and we will conquer!!!!! Hahahahahaaha!

-Roach, when asked about Klingon extinction!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I have the Voquv as well but the regular one as I have a sci capn
    Its built more for cc so I have a Chroniton torp and 2 Romulan beam fore, a KB and 2 romulan bean at rear. rep gear for deflector/shield/engines. It can tank like a boss and hold off probes at the same time as well. For pets I use the Orion one as they use chronitons as well and have drain beams which drain engines/weapons/

Your build sounds spectacularly well thought out and executed, Bravo sir.
    I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001. :confused:
    If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
    When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
  • Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Heres my build in a nutshell - rainbow turret, feedback pulse with dual apbetas

the vo might do little damage but fbp and apbeta....
  • Options
    holyknight22holyknight22 Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    When I used a Mirror Vo'Quv I used Phased Tetryon on it to help bring down shields so my pets could deal the real damage. Just a thought.
  • Options
    emperordeslokemperordeslok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I usually use plasma single cannons to make sure i'm taking the brunt of the abuse not my fighters(yay CSV) for stf's i've augmented that with a DHC forward and a mix of gravwell/energy siphon) i've thought about polaron but the agro isn't there, a chroniton torp spread would work well though and i'm going to move to rom plasma for the disruptor debuff eventually(BTW the bop fighters are awesome i've got the dil store ones right now)
  • Options
    canisanubiscanisanubis Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    IMO, Beam Boat. You have neither the tactical stations nor the maneuverability to justify cannons.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Beamboat for the Vo'quv is what I generally do. It's important to me to have at least 1 beam fore and aft to make use of the ship's innate Target Subsystem abilities.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I totally agree with the Beam Boat philosophy it just turns to slow to use Cannons for my purposes. Others may get more out of it.

I really like having a Torpedo on the Vo'quv and using only 2 Single Cannons & 3 Turrets (2 & a KCB) just don't seem enough.

I went Romulan Plasma for the Experimental Beam that doesn't use power, 1 less weapon drain means my weapons hit that bit harder and I run full Aux on this. Also it has a special firing mode with the 3pc bonus that is like a Beam Overload that doesn't use power.
  • Options
    darkdog13darkdog13 Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I just got one and am trying out single cannon with a forward torp and turrets on the back.
    CSV + single cannon seems to put disruptor procs on everything which increases pet damage (regular Bop pets are doing 20k+ on hy torps)
    Atm i am running TT/CSV/TS3 but may drop the torp for another cannon and go with APB2 instead of TS3.

I would give a single cannon build a try the cannons are dirt cheap. You can get mk xii very rare disruptor cannons for under 30k a piece where as disruptor beam array start at 200k for mk xi and i can only find polarized disruptor at the mk xii level for 600k+. For turret use either uncommon mk xii or mk xi to test if you like it you can get better ones.
  • Options
    badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I run with AP across the board so I can use the Chroniton DBB up front with another AP beam array and the omega torp and the TDD Torp on rear with the Borg Cutting Beam and AP turret in back.

Works quite well. Get the temporal set if you have a VuQuov - it's worth it and dare I say needed with its' boost to turn rate.
  • Options
    tancrediivtancrediiv Member Posts: 728 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I like polaron DBBs on my Mirror VoQuv. So much so I have 2 DBBs front with a torpedo de jour. I made this ship a drain build with Tyken's Rift 3, Siphon Drones, plasmonic leach. It does remarkably well at shutting down tactical cubes. I use mostly Brolths for now. This is with a Sci captain.

Player and forumite formerly known as FEELTHETHUNDER

Expatriot Might Characters in EXILE
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    darkdog13 wrote: »
    I would give a single cannon build a try the cannons are dirt cheap. You can get mk xii very rare disruptor cannons for under 30k a piece where as disruptor beam array start at 200k for mk xi and i can only find polarized disruptor at the mk xii level for 600k+. For turret use either uncommon mk xii or mk xi to test if you like it you can get better ones.

If your going to try weapons I recommend green Mk XI with an [Acc] modifier if you don't like em you'll probably make a small profit selling them they are so cheap.

Once you've discovered what you want to use than you can purchase the best toys.

The difference between Mk XI and Mk XII is minimal. For testing theories cheap is good enough to see if it works, than replacing them with the best.