test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fleet ship idea

cbp4964cbp4964 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Fleet System and Holdings
Just a thought......I got the idea before I even got into my first fleet that it'd be cool if a player were able to choose a ship or ships from their own personal collection to share with fleet members. Maybe selecting certain fleet ranks the player wants to make each ship available to, and of course letting only each ship's owner modify that particular ship in any way. The only thing that would be different for each player who uses a ship in such a pool would be the different players' skills, traits, and bridge officer abilities. It could be a better way to show a setup to other fleet members considering a ship, so they know what can be done with it, or to help somebody out that doesn't yet have firepower on a ship of their own to take on a certain mission. Could be kinda fun, too.

Starfleet Vice Admiral Rosso, Starfleet Tactical, Rogue Leader(Rogue Squadron of Starfleet)
KDF Lieutenant General Teal'c, KDF Tactical, Stargate Commander(KDF Branch Stargate Command)
RRF Vice Admiral Britt Reid, Romulan Tactical, Rogue Leader(Rogue Squadron of Starfleet)
Fleet Admiral Rosso, Starfleet Tactical, Rogue Leader
Proud to lead the Rogue Squadron of Starfleet
Post edited by cbp4964 on

Comments

• cbp4964cbp4964 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    c'mon, anybody have anything to say about this? I thought it was pretty ingenious, but I can't count on that opinion because it's my opinion about my own idea. Anybody?

-Rogue Leader
  • cyckathcyckath Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So... your suggesting preset fleet ship selections ala fleet uniforms?
    edited August 2013
    no, I'm suggesting that it be made possible for me to set any of my ships I choose to be made available to any of my fleet members a certain fleet rank and up, then when the members who have the ship available go to any in-game ship selector, they can fly whatever ships are available to them from other members, but not take weapons, consoles, etc. off it to be modified without authorization(or at all). They'd just set up their own bridge officers while using that ship, and it'd be run with their own skills, traits, etc. One of my fleet members also thought it'd be fun if, going into a one-on-one pvp match, if the players could opt to trade ships, so each player would get to try their friend's ship with boff setup, skills, everything. Another one suggested(I think all three ideas are cool) that it'd be fun to take a bridge officer station on another player's ship. Just fun twists to the game that could be fun if added
    edited August 2013
    and any player in a fleet, per my idea, could choose to share their ships if they wanted to
  • earlnyghthawkearlnyghthawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    He's basically saying, that if his character has, for example, a Fleet Excelsior, that he could "share" this ship with his fleetmates.
    Personally, bad idea. Just would enable people to cheese the system, instead of earning the ship themselves.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    butcher suspect, "What'd you hit me with?"
    Temperance Brennan, "A building"
    edited August 2013
    not just fleet-type ships....any kind. And while some people might try to use it as such, people who try out a ship they don't have might be inspired to buy and build one of their own. Could go either way
  • jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited August 2013
    So every tac in my fleet will fly a bug with all the best gear? Because thats exactly what will happen. The idea only has merit if you can only use the ship in a simulation like during "Of Bajor" with little to no rewards. It would be a good use for the halo deck on the starbase, pick a ship out of a list, pick an enemy, then start program.
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
  • john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Nice idea but then people would be less likely to spend money to get the ships, so it will never happen. Can't really blame them on that one either.
    edited August 2013
    the way I've been thinking about it is this: fleet events, I can make specific ships from my collection available to specific players, even if only for the duration of a battle or for a few hours, whatever. It'll help other players try out different builds from their own, possibly even help lower-lvl players with their missions depending on how it's set up. If somebody borrows another player's ship and likes some of the abilities, but wants to try their own setup with it, that's a potential $5-$25 that Cryptic/Perfect World wouldn't have otherwise gotten
  • dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Idea would never get implemented, cryptic would loose heaps of cash from zen sales if everyone could fly everyone else's ship in a fleet.
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • revlotrevlot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

The fleet starbase has a hangar that can only be filled with 'fleet version' ships that are acquired through starbase projects that can only use fleet gear and access to the ships is a fleet owner selectable feature for what ranks have access to the hangar? Sounds like it would make people spend real world money to trade Zen for Dil to acquire this feature.
    edited August 2013
    More like, if somebody wants to test a ship they are considering buying, or if I'm feeling generous and want to let my fleet officers or just one or two players fly certain ships out of the nearly 20 in my collection, I would select who I want each ship to be available to(example: I want to make my Excelsior-class available to one of my fleet co-leaders, but let any of the fleet's officers be able to access my Intrepid-class. Whoever has the ship available can find it in their ship selector until I decide to not make it available or, if equipped with a timer, when that timer runs out.) If they like what they're flying, but want to try one of their own builds, that's $$$$$$$$ for Perfect World/Cryptic/CBS or whoever gets the money when we buy zen and subscriptions.
    edited August 2013
    and, since the ships are getting shared, not sold or given, I'd be the only one with authorization to modify what weapons, consoles, etc. are installed because they're my ships.