What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (August 15, 2013) [Complete!]

Comments

• silkaveragesilkaverage Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sin99 wrote: »
    it is 10:11 am their time at this moment

in that cast it "should" be up in 19 mins, although interstellar gravities and temporal anomolies may interfere with this process
  • borgressistanceborgressistance Member Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ok.let me see if I can explain it to you more directly.Once you join the Corps. they OWN YOU. Even after you retire. Your TRIBBLE belongs to them. No matter what for the rest of your life. and you can always be 'recalled' back into the line of service. And if your employed directly by the Govt...even if its not armed forces. All they work you do with them is 'classified' even after. You may not be 'forced' per say to stay quite but they have ways to make you. some even beneficial

aah i understand, thanks for clearing it up.
    1 more reason not to join the force, my TRIBBLE belongs to me....

(wasnt slavery (being forced to do, or say,or think) banned long ago? /joke/)
  • azerdracoazerdraco Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    the amount of time is irrelvant.

if you started a fleet and you put in most of work and alot of real money. its your feet.

no one should be allowed to take away something u made and have worked so hard on.

for examples.

i stopped playing WoW for awhile and when i came back i had lost everything from the bank etc... a

and was kicked along with all my members. when i left the game there was no inavtive time limit.

even tho i never stopped paying for wow.
    anyways i quit wow because of that, and the panda bears.

moral of the story is if the leader is inavtive and u dont like that MOVE to another fleet. no one is forcing you. its not fair on the persons that own said fleets.

All I can say is that your logic is flawed:

By your reasoning, if my wife and I have a disagreement about how to punish our son, then one of us should file for divorce rather than talk out the disagreement?

By your reasoning, if my employer decides to lay 50% of the company's workforce off so that the company survives an economic downturn, I should abandon the company and find work elsewhere rather than stay informed and available for my employer?

By your reasoning, if I fail to plan to pay my utility bills and the utility company sends a disconnect notice, I should cry and whine over excuses and go find another utility company?

Yeah, your logic fails.
  • milestfoxmilestfox Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited August 2013
  • xapocalypseponyxxapocalypseponyx Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    moral of the story is if the leader is inavtive and u dont like that MOVE to another fleet. no one is forcing you. its not fair on the persons that own said fleets.

I'm not in a fleet, so forgive my ignorance, but I had gathered from reading the forums that it takes many resources from many people to hit the higher tiers of fleet holdings.

If so, seems kind of unfair to ask everyone to abandon their combined efforts, just because the fleet creator did. Not sure I would ever invest in a fleet knowing it would end the second the originator decides he/she is done.
    edited August 2013
    russellca wrote: »
    Yes I did; you haven't. It's current 17:12 GMT/UTC/Zulu and 18:12 in the UK on BST. 17:30 deadline is in 18 minutes.

err.. you are mistaken, did u also factor in that pdt is also on daylight saving time too??
  • kitsunetearskitsunetears Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    aah i understand, thanks for clearing it up.
    1 more reason not to join the force, my TRIBBLE belongs to me....

(wasnt slavery (being forced to do, or say,or think) banned long ago? /joke/)

Maybe...but some people have to step up an make sacrifices however so the rest of the people around them can breathe a bit easier.
  • stunnednukestunnednuke Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    New message! "Server unavailable at this time".. well atleast we know its nearly done.
  • azrealdragonkingazrealdragonking Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited August 2013
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    no idea what fleet they would be in, but obviously it isn't the black watch or stonewall. both are awesome fleets.
    yeah, any responsible fleets don't need that auto promote thing, they just pass the torch if the leader has real life stuff going on that precludes game play.
    If someone got auto promoted, then that's not a good system. What if the next person in line (who actually logs in) is the ensign ricky of the fleet?
    sometimes that happens. I'm sure that the "ensign ricky" might go on a power trip or loot the fleet holdings. not a good idea at all.

Well, the patch notes mention "next highest rank". So, I guess poor, power-hungry Ensign Ricky is out of luck. :D
  • agc1agc1 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    and besides why punish the leader of the fleet when u already have setting in place so that a rank6 can do what the leader does anyways lol....I mean u can set the setting that way and if leader does go afk for abit stuff still gets done anyways...that how I have it set up so that if im gone for a day or so my guy can still put in projects to get stuff done
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    "wont bind your legs" :P

Strange...

It's never my legs that jeans 'bind up'.

:eek:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    azerdraco wrote: »

By your reasoning, if my wife and I have a disagreement about how to punish our son, then one of us should file for divorce rather than talk out the disagreement?

By your reasoning, if my employer decides to lay 50% of the company's workforce off so that the company survives an economic downturn, I should abandon the company and find work elsewhere rather than stay informed and available for my employer?

By your reasoning, if I fail to plan to pay my utility bills and the utility company sends a disconnect notice, I should cry and whine over excuses and go find another utility company?

Yeah, your logic fails.

if your boss wants to down size then u cant do jack about it its his company his hard work his money his life etc.. you just work for him. go find another job.

while he is in ruins and bankrupt
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • doalxkdoalxk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm not in a fleet, so forgive my ignorance, but I had gathered from reading the forums that it takes many resources from many people to hit the higher tiers of fleet holdings.

If so, seems kind of unfair to ask everyone to abandon their combined efforts, just because the fleet creator did. Not sure I would ever invest in a fleet knowing it would end the second the originator decides he/she is done.

Well there are a lot of fleets that are basically trainer dictatorships, basically arrogant self-centered people who assume everything must be about them. Those are really the ones you should worry about. Good fleets (both large and small), that have more of a community to them, and aren't run like a private gulag are where you should go if you go into a fleet.
  • borgressistanceborgressistance Member Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Maybe...but some people have to step up an make sacrifices however so the rest of the people around them can breathe a bit easier.

yeah, which is appreciated, by most people anyways...
    but, having the need for people to stand up and make sacrifices...isnt that a thing to think about first?

i mean, sure its kill or be killed, eat or be someone's supper in this world...but, isnt that a totally wrong way of living in the first place?

sure i have people i dont like, some country's that are not my vacation destination...but still, pulling the trigger against it never did bring people good, for some time maybe...but there is always another mad men willing to take revenge, willing to pull another trigger....

i know its not realistic, but world peace sounds still better then world war....just wondering how the new video games will be then.....
  • milestfoxmilestfox Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited August 2013
  • xelene13xelene13 Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    methos71 wrote: »
    Thankfully, upon returning this past Monday, I was pleasantly surprised to discover that it looks like all my stuff is still in my mail box. Though I not so pleasantly discovered that I can only post 14 items on the Exchange currently.:confused:

Clear the returned failed Exchange mail from your inbox. These and available Exchange slots are linked now.
  • tango2bravotango2bravo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You can start downloading the new patch now I noticed.
  • russellcarussellca Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    err.. you are mistaken, did u also factor in that pdt is also on daylight saving time too??

Yes thank you. I have teams across 5 timezones and it's still 17:xx GMT/UTC/Zulu. GMT is the baseline it doesn't move. If your clock is showing 18:xx you're in (or your computer thinks it in..) the UK, currently running BST on GMT+1. Bran's 17:30 UTC target is now in 10 mins.
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    doalxk wrote: »
    Well there are a lot of fleets that are basically trainer dictatorships, basically arrogant self-centered people who assume everything must be about them. Those are really the ones you should worry about. Good fleets (both large and small), that have more of a community to them, and aren't run like a private gulag are where you should go if you go into a fleet.

We so need a "Like" button here ! :)
  • azrealdragonkingazrealdragonking Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    agc1 wrote: »
    and besides why punish the leader of the fleet when u already have setting in place so that a rank6 can do what the leader does anyways lol....I mean u can set the setting that way and if leader does go afk for abit stuff still gets done anyways...that how I have it set up so that if im gone for a day or so my guy can still put in projects to get stuff done

I think this just boils down to the people in the fleet, that can seem suspect.
    I'm sure every fleet has that person that joined and you look at him and think
    "I'm not sure about you"
    OdanLexACCESSDENIED.png
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited August 2013
    We are conducting our final checks as I type and will have you back in-game shortly!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited August 2013

thers is some fleets out there with only a few members and TRIBBLE loads of real money spent getting them upto t4.

the fleet im in have 300(roughly) members and around 20 members that actualy log in and only 5 that really put any worth while time in
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ussberlinussberlin Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    qjunior wrote: »
    We so need a "Like" button here ! :)
    but no like without a dislike button
    18 Cpt on the way to 60: 14 of them are already 50 or over 50, one is 60 and 3 almost 43
    Subscribed For: 4 years 5 months 20 days at 26.10.2014
    edited August 2013
    You can start downloading the new patch now I noticed.

you could have done that 2 hrs ago...like i did
  • l30p4rdl30p4rd Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    wow feeling the nerd rage on this patch thread !

I agree with most the sane replies if your going to be away for long periods then change dictatorship er I mean leadership it is irresponsible to run a fleet like that. If you cant do that then you need to see your suffering delusions of grandeur and come back to the real world. No one person makes a fleet its a group effort, if I remember correctly you need a minimum of 5 people to start a fleet in the first place not ONE person but FIVE. Saying that I think some people here suffer multiple personality disorders and nerd rage.

No one likes me the world hates me I am superior to everyone because no one thinks like me !

one word, FREAKS !
  • ussdelphin2ussdelphin2 Member Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    azerdraco wrote: »

Yeah, your logic fails.

I think your logic fails. I can't even be bothered to explain why.....
    How I picture a lot of the forumites :P
  • beerxhyperbeerxhyper Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i find it funny i'm refreshing the sto main page to see what todays give away is since it's past the time it's usually posted and i just laugh they take their time putting that up but sure rush the zen promotion sales up fast lol. http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=960071 man heck with zen sales give me the post for todays giveaway Q_Q.

• stunnednukestunnednuke Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    We are conducting our final checks as I type and will have you back in-game shortly!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    Finally! And is the giveaway out?
  • doalxkdoalxk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I think this just boils down to the people in the fleet, that can seem suspect.
    I'm sure every fleet has that person that joined and you look at him and think
    "I'm not sure about you"

Well yeah, but you don't put the people who just joined that you aren't certain about in a position of power. If you have one or two people you are unsure about, the likelihood that your leader would be gone for 180 days, AND once he was gone for 180 days nobody else of a higher rank was online would seem horribly unlikely. Though I am curious what would happen if nobody is online. Is it just whoever logs on next?
This discussion has been closed.