What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Summer Giveaway - Day 2 [Now Complete]

Comments

• Options
    natewest1natewest1 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Exactly, that is a sign of maturity, the ability to balance candor AND tact. A lot of these posters come off as ungrateful brats who feel they should get everything they want just because.
  • Options
    sirokksirokk Member Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    and where the prize for kligon? there is always only for federation, is fascism and not caring about the players

...again another KDF NOT reading the threads.
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.
  • Options
    jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited August 2013
    Does Brandon say "Shields up" before hitting the post thread button? So many ungrateful self entitled twits whinging about not getting something for free becauset they choose to only play 1 faction or because they had the bad luck of it being something they already own. The klingons in this thread complaining have no honor and do not deserve the free ships coming though they will get one anyway.

Brandon, Thank you for the TOS command tunic. Thank you Cryptic for doing a giveaway.
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
  • Options
    pherraspherras Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Dang I dont even have/play a Klingon and i'm starting to feel bad for them

Y U NO LUV KLINKS CRYPTIC? really.
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    pherras wrote: »
    Dang I dont even have/play a Klingon and i'm starting to feel bad for them

Y U NO LUV KLINKS CRYPTIC? really.

Because they don't bring home the Bacon like the Feds and Romulan do
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    krayuskorianiskrayuskorianis Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sirokk wrote: »
    ...again another KDF NOT reading the threads.

As well as a lot of people who don't even know what the words truly mean... lol. Gotta love ignorance!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    i3-2100 3.10GHz
    8GB Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 1333Mhz DDR3 RAM CL9
    ASUS DirectCU II GTX 660 OC 2GB GDDR5
  • Options
    linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    rofl...

I kind of thought this would happen.

I already own both day one and day two uniforms.
  • Options
    holyknight22holyknight22 Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    As a person who created a Fed toon to get the free Federation stuff, I can understand why the KDF would feel a little unnerved that they get nothing for two days. On the other hand, I also appreciate Cryptic/PWE for giving away free stuff that I personally enjoy. There are some legitimate posts about this and those that have voiced their concerns in a respectful manner; however, there are some that been extremely negative in their complaints.

I would find it completely hilarious if the developers said "Fair Enough" and gave the KDF a unique prize of their own......say a T5 Pakled ship that has worse stats than a fighter. Its unique console is the Console - Make It Go! which plays a voice clip of a Pakled saying "Make It Go". Then again, hopefully the developers aren't as sadistic as I am.
  • Options
    psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,646 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm amongst those player's who already have account-wide unlocks for the items from Day 1 and 2. I'm not bitter about this at all. After all, it was my choice to have already adopted/puchased these costumes early on. I like the idea that others, too, will have been given more variety to costume their characters with.

I look forward to being surprised each morning to see what the next FREE item will be.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    unikon wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure Federation Only players would feel the same way.

I play my fed character 95% of the time, and no, I wouldn't feel like that. I'd just be, "Meh, ok. Whatever."
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    nocadleenocadlee Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Are there some level requirements for this?

I'm a FED player on Level 33, and I can't see TOS Command Tunic on the Appearance tab.
  • Options
    quintessantquintessant Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Wow Im So Excited I Cold Just Explode With Sheer Joyfullness That Is Sarcasm By The Way
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    As a person who created a Fed toon to get the free Federation stuff, I can understand why the KDF would feel a little unnerved that they get nothing for two days. On the other hand, I also appreciate Cryptic/PWE for giving away free stuff that I personally enjoy. There are some legitimate posts about this and those that have voiced their concerns in a respectful manner; however, there are some that been extremely negative in their complaints.

I would find it completely hilarious if the developers said "Fair Enough" and gave the KDF a unique prize of their own......say a T5 Pakled ship that has worse stats than a fighter. Its unique console is the Console - Make It Go! which plays a voice clip of a Pakled saying "Make It Go". Then again, hopefully the developers aren't as sadistic as I am.

I'm not sure, but I might just use that console for a bit, lol. Especially if it activated any time a movement buff was applied.

I have to agree with some folks about feeling left out on the KDF side... to some extent. Looking at it from a practical perspective, though, Day 1 and Day 2 are costumes. Costumes do not make you hold up better under fire, or help you reduce your opponents to their constituent particles. Unless you are PvPing against someone that actually gets distracted by the half naked Orion festooned with flowers...

A true Warrior does not play dress up.

So sure, it sucks that the KDF doesn't get a costume unlock of some sort. The devs did, however, go to the effort of ensuring that we got the option of a free ship or three when the actual gameplay affecting freebies come out. That, I appreciate.

Thank you for the free toys I can use, and for the intent behind the ones I can't.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    dughal wrote: »
    Well. Yes and no. I believe that aligned Romulans can claim the small craft and the tier 1 through at least tier 3 craft of the faction they're aligned with. (At least, my own federation Romulans can claim the class F shuttle I unlocked.)

Whilst this is true, there are no Romulan faction specific shinies, like say the Scorpion fighter or one of the shuttles.

I understand that the Romulan faction is new and all, but it would still be nice with a little something, like the Scorpion fighter, or... well something :)
  • Options
    rakija879rakija879 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    no skirt again :(
  • Options
    admanf2padmanf2p Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Not whining - I am happy with my free uniforms; but when people talk about the limited amount of KDF uniforms, why doesn't anyone mention that we can also get casual clothes that are account unlocks for both Fed, KDF and Rom?

Maybe I was over thinking it, but I was really expecting today's outfit to be the merc outfit or the formal wear. Anyone can wear those now...
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    voporak wrote: »
    I'd just be, "Meh, ok. Whatever."

Which is exactly how I feel.

Do I particularly care for either costume? Of course not. I already got one from the Exchange, and the other one is of no apparent interest to me.

Do you see me complaining because the costumes are useless to me? No, because it was possible all along, and in the end, it's the thought that counts.

Seriously, you guys complaining about stuff like this confuse me. :confused: See? I brought in my confused face! :D

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    autumnturningautumnturning Member Posts: 743 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Day 1: Federation Costume
    Day 2: Federation Costume

Not meaning to pry, but will there be something in Days 3-7 for KDF captains to make use of? A simple Yes/No will suffice ... rather than a detailed advance reveal.
    Days 3-5. The Giveaway is Monday-Friday :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

First item of business ... thank you for replying (at all) Brandon, since you certainly didn't "have to" or anything. Much appreciated.

Second item of business ... thank you for the correction, that there are only 5 days of freebies, rather than the 7 I'd mistakenly assumed without looking up references. Again, much appreciated.

Minor disappointment ... I asked a Yes/No question and got a "(null)" response to it. :(

Still, I can appreciate the fact that you and your team are "busy" there at Cryptic. ;)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    admanf2p wrote: »
    Not whining - I am happy with my free uniforms; but when people talk about the limited amount of KDF uniforms, why doesn't anyone mention that we can also get casual clothes that are account unlocks for both Fed, KDF and Rom?

Maybe I was over thinking it, but I was really expecting today's outfit to be the merc outfit or the formal wear. Anyone can wear those now...

Good point. Those would have been really nice.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    First item of business ... thank you for replying (at all) Brandon, since you certainly didn't "have to" or anything. Much appreciated.

Second item of business ... thank you for the correction, that there are only 5 days of freebies, rather than the 7 I'd mistakenly assumed without looking up references. Again, much appreciated.

Minor disappointment ... I asked a Yes/No question and got a "(null)" response to it. :(

Still, I can appreciate the fact that you and your team are "busy" there at Cryptic. ;)

It has been stated on several occasions by our friendly neighborhood cereal box that only the first 2 days of the giveaway will contain costumes, and that only those 2 days are Federation-only.

In other words, the KDF will get 3 ships (1 of which may be a To'Duj fighter), the Federation will get 3 ships (1 of which may be any small craft). The Romulans will get any of the non-T5 ships that the faction they allied with gets. :P

• Options
    fosterfacefosterface Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Alright. Admittedly I didn't read the threat before I posted this. But why does this uniform have two Starfleet logos? There shouldn't be one up on his chest. When Kirk rocked this look, the Starfleet logo was on his hip, like a boss.

Owner of the T-Shirt Version of This Uniform,
    Foster
  • Options
    quintessantquintessant Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    wow a tunic im so excited i could explode with joyfullness thats sarcasm by the way
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,365 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    fosterface wrote: »
    Alright. Admittedly I didn't read the threat before I posted this. But why does this uniform have two Starfleet logos? There shouldn't be one up on his chest. When Kirk rocked this look, the Starfleet logo was on his hip, like a boss.
    And when Kirk rocked this look, he had to carry around a handheld communicator, like some sort of early-21st-century plebian. We use combadges these days - we're too cool for super-flip-phones. :)
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    taurusasptaurusasp Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The description says that the pack is the tunic, pants and boots.

I can't find the boots, anyone know where they are?
  • Options
    shawho1shawho1 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I didn't receive the boots in the package. Am I the only one? D=
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,365 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The giveaway wasn't the package; it was only the TOS Command Tunic, the wraparound one like the one Kirk wore in "The Trouble With Tribbles" (and Archer wore in "In a Mirror, Darkly, part II").

Currently, Vice Admiral Jonathan Sills is rocking one in dark blue, with gold braid and a Next Gen Movie combadge.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    fosterface wrote: »

Owner of the T-Shirt Version of This Uniform,
    Foster

Someone must have put it there, but you can take it out in the tailor if you want.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    pwnemesispwnemesis Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    We are excited to announce that today's FREE C-Store item is the TOS Command Tunic! Read more for full details, including claiming instructions.

Click here to read more.

I like that we are getting free stuff, I am slightly disappointed that its (so far) costumes and more so because I already had this one and yesterdays...
  • Options
    cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    taurusasp wrote: »
    The description says that the pack is the tunic, pants and boots.

I can't find the boots, anyone know where they are?

If memory serves me, its the Soft boots option.

I already have the TOS bundle (first in game purchase) but I didn't have the DS-9/ Voyager uniform, and it was on my "must have" list. So thank you ,Cryptic team!
This discussion has been closed.