What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Summer Giveaway - Day 1 [Now Complete]

Comments

• Options
    lucianazetalucianazeta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    think one of these daily freebies could be a fleet Ambassador class? yanno, just for those of us who aren't in a fleet. thx

It isn't in the C-Store, so no.

These are C-Store freebies, not ship store freebies.
    STO%20Sig.png~original
  • Options
    giannicampanellagiannicampanella Member Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    druhin wrote: »
    Has the "TNG" pants been fixed yet? Since those are essential to using the DS9 Uniform, one would hope Cryptic fixed it before releasing this costume for free to all players.

One could also speculate, that the free items this week are Cryptic's lower quality content (seeing as the DS9 uniform requires the already free, and broken TNG pants).
    Holy prophets of Bajor, this free gift simply puts a HUGE spotlight on the STILL bugged TNG/DS9/Voyager split-bottom pants that the devs refuse to acknowledge and repair. Is this a joke?

We have been complaining about the bugged split-bottoms since they broke them a month ago in the art forum, and we thought, "Well, the gift will likely be ANYTHING but something requiring the split-bottom pants, since that would make the devs look very bad." Congrats. You've really surprised us! lol

This is the only issue, unless you're a player with really bad vision or no sense of consistency and aesthetic taste.

This thread should be full of people acknowledging this HUGE issue, yet it seems hardly anyone notices or cares. Instead, all we get is over 40 pages of people complaining about everything but. The community always disappoints me.

Someone important acknowledge this bug and fix it immediately. It would take two seconds to repair a broken texture.
    Greenbird
  • Options
    globus4globus4 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    >confirm Disappointment<
    dont play fed or klingon anymore. only login there to burn contraband and still 75 mining claims i cant transfer. fed fleet used to be ez going now give us 500k donation or no store, you must compeete w our top 15, get real. guess ill claim all this and let it rot.

... this a costume thread now? ...
    the risian outfit doesnt let me get bare feet. took the time to get all of em. omg im soo upset.. pshh
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    The free gift was a costume, yes. It is eminently relevant that the very costume they gave away on the first day requires currently defective pants.
    Greenbird
  • Options
    borgressistanceborgressistance Member Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    nice that they give free stuf away, i didnt got my ds9 uniform yet XD
  • Options
    theultimatextheultimatex Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I actually didn't. All my posts can be found here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=11849521&postcount=354

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

So do I need to mke a level 50 KDF or will level 20 be enough? I need o kno when I am allowed to go to sleep after playing hard.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    This is a big prank. The DS9 uniform giveaway gave it away. They gave away one of only two Zen Store uniforms that absolutely require the one pair of broken pants in the game. That's not a believable scenario, short of a conscious prank.

Very good, Implementors! You got me good. Ha ha ha ha ha. Now, please, just take one second out of your incredibly clever lives to simply copy and paste the correct texture back into the right folder. Any of us will do it for you, if you want. If you really want, we'll fly out there and physically put your fingers on the mouse and keyboard.
    Greenbird
  • Options
    tornadoadvtornadoadv Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I just bought this thing with Lobi Crystals... :(
  • Options
    keppoch1keppoch1 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The free gift was a costume, yes. It is eminently relevant that the very costume they gave away on the first day requires currently defective pants.

I just use the pants from the Season 1 TNG Admiral set. Same pants but with gold lining on the V part. It also is shaded correctly for the top.
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    tornadoadv wrote: »
    I just bought this thing with Lobi Crystals... :(

The c store one is account unlock, though.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    vonhellstingvonhellsting Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm going to call it next outfit is either going to be all good things or TNG.
    The Lobi Crystals are Faaaakkkkee!
  • Options
    voodoopapavoodoopapa Member Posts: 22
    edited August 2013
    Odd im not seeing this in the c-store
  • Options
    jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited August 2013
    I'm going to call it next outfit is either going to be all good things or TNG.

Or could be the season 1 set. But I highly suspect TNG as it shares everything but the shirt with the DS9 set.

They really really need to fix those pants, been waiting for that since LOR was released and they messed it up. and No i am not buying the admiral set just for the pants, If I was going to buy a set for pants I would buy one that has a skirt and pants or at the least a different style of pants.
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
  • Options
    southfla1979southfla1979 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Is it just me or is the DS 9 uniform not in the C Store?

Edit: Nevermind, seems I already purchased it and it no longer shows in the C Store
  • Options
    legetdumarlegetdumar Member Posts: 263
    edited August 2013
    I suppose it's the thought that counts.....thanks guys. :)
    Criticism, while never agreeable, is necessary. It is like pain in the body. It brings attention to an unhealthy state of things---Winston Churchill
  • Options
    auric2000auric2000 Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    What I would like it to be: TNG Admiral or All good things
    What It probably would be: Jupiter or TNG

Either way its just uniforms. :)
  • Options
    voodoopapavoodoopapa Member Posts: 22
    edited August 2013
    guess that answers that question. its not even available on the c-store.
  • Options
    commodoreshrvkcommodoreshrvk Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Captains, again, if you are not seeing the item in the C-Store, you already own it (e.g. past C-Store purchase, bought off exchange, bought for Lobi, have it in the Collector's Edition, etc.). You can verify this by visiting the tailor and putting on the uniform.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Well the question really is...since most of these were single character claims how do we know? Why was this not added to the C-Store for those of us that had it to say it was claimed.

I mean I am happy you guys are doing free giveaways but it seems a tad half thought out and implemented.
  • Options
    tidalwave082tidalwave082 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    There used to be more though, like a TOS KDF costume. I don't see it anymore, BUT I also don't ever remember the DS9 being on the Zen store either, so it COULD have been the TOS one and give people a chance at that one.

You can call me ungrateful if you want to but there was NOTHING stopping them from making something available to both sides from day one and nothing stopping them from having chosen something like the TOS Fed or even the Motion Picture costumes outside of laziness and cheapness. While I'm glad they've given away something account wide to new players who haven't had the same chances to get them (collector's and claim item) don't be fooled, no money has been lost today on their part.

I don't even play KDF much (pretty much since it's ignored by the dev team, so why bother) and even still this annoys me. Here's hoping that even ONE of the other items will be worthwhile, though I know I'll already be out of luck since being here since beta has pretty much put me at owning almost everything there is anyway.
    there are TWO... 1, 2 ... If you don't count the space suits.

There is the Acadamy and the Mercenary. Since they probably make money off the Merc and EVERYONE could have actually used it, its doubtful.

Logic dictates that any KDF reward must be the Acadamy.
  • Options
    kepler11kepler11 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If you're not seeing it in the C-Store, you most likely already have the uniform. Maybe you purchased it from the Lobi store in the past?

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I do not see the DS9 uniform in the store, nor do I see it in my available uniforms at the tailor. I am also pretty sure I never purchased it because I don't buy appearance items.:confused:
  • Options
    flatmattflatmatt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    There used to be more though, like a TOS KDF costume. I don't see it anymore, BUT I also don't ever remember the DS9 being on the Zen store either, so it COULD have been the TOS one and give people a chance at that one.
    The TOS Klingon uniform is not in the C-Store; it's one of the free uniforms for all KDF characters. I don't know if it was once a C-Store uniform, though.

Dn'Dok, son of Ladok - Klingon/Romulan Engineer ~~ Mosa M'ren-faa - Ferasan Tactical
    Krushan Twinn - Orion Science
  • Options
    devencombsdevencombs Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The free c store item today is the DS9 uniform. But I went into the C store, and it wasn't there. So, where is it?
  • Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    read one of the other 10 threads
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If you already have it from a previous purchase, such as buying it, getting a bundle with it at some time in the past, or having it given to you as a code or as a bonus in a box set like the Collector's Edition, it won't be available for you to take. IE, you can't claim it twice.

As it's nearly a 4 year old costume piece it's a decent bet you already have it. Simply log into the game and check the Tailor looking for the DS9 jacket.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    felonchadfelonchad Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well the question really is...since most of these were single character claims how do we know? Why was this not added to the C-Store for those of us that had it to say it was claimed.

I mean I am happy you guys are doing free giveaways but it seems a tad half thought out and implemented.

My wife and at least one of my fleetmates do not have the uniform unlocked and do not have it available in the CStore at all. I hope that a problem is acknowledged and corrected before it is too late for folk to claim their free items.
  • Options
    kimonykimony Member Posts: 571 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thank you.

:)

#SaucersForever #TrianglesCutDeep #TeamBeta #ShipOneisNumberOne
  • Options
    ragestroke008ragestroke008 Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I wonder if the KDF of Roms will get a free costume pack. They only have, I think, two each. Maybe not.
    Time is a funny thing; There is always too much of it. Except when you need it the most, then there is never enough.
  • Options
    tidalwave082tidalwave082 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It was, if it became free eventually for all I wouldn't have noticed as I had already bought it long ago, however the point still stands. Nothing prevented them from making it equal to both factions from day one except just plain not wanting to do it. *shrugs*

And to be clear, there's no costume they could have offered me I didn't already have except the TNG Rom, which they understandable wouldn't, I'm simply annoyed they chose to do this one sided instead of being fair and equal. I can take a hit not getting any gift for supporting them all these years, but watching them do another thoughtless thing to the KDF side is annoying. It's things like this, this sort of attitude from them about it, which causes it to be unpopular in the first place. There may not be many costume choices on that side to begin with, but not only does that highlight the lop sided issue in the first place, BUT since they keep talking about how much money this event will cost them in Zen, I find it funny this one costs almost no Zen at all (unless you want to do math tricks with keys) as this costume wasn't on the Store, the item claim doesn't cost zen directly, and the collector's box isn't made anymore so if you find and buy it somewhere you are likely paying in a way that Cryptic won't get a share of, unless you consider it was bought buy someone originally in which case they've already been paid. Putting even one KDF costume today would have at least been an effort on many fronts.

I'll be optimistic though, SINCE this costume didn't cost Zen, and they kept bragging about how much Zen in all these giveaways would cost, hopefully that means the ships they give away will be higher up on the cost scale.

flatmatt wrote: »
    The TOS Klingon uniform is not in the C-Store; it's one of the free uniforms for all KDF characters. I don't know if it was once a C-Store uniform, though.
  • Options
    kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    flatmatt wrote: »

I thought the KDF TOS uniform came with the Fed TOS uniform as part of a package deal, sort of like with the Academy uniforms. Maybe they changed it; I dunno. I bought it forever ago, so obviously I can't really test.

If it is still that way, then yes, I will have to change my position and agree that Cryptic should have put up one of the cross-faction costumes instead of a Fed-only one.

In any case, though, I'm still not seeing how Cryptic owes me anything. I bought the collector's edition (with the DS9 uniform) when it came out, and I don't feel entitled to any kind of refund for it. Why would I? Cryptic never owed me anything other than what I paid for, and I got what I paid for. Why would we need "compensation" for the fact that someone else is getting it for free? That literally makes no sense.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I dont play Fed, I should be angry.

you should be used to it. ;)
This discussion has been closed.