test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Master Key Sale [Now Ended]

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited August 2013 in Galactic News Network [PC]
From now until 10AM PDT on Monday, August 19, 2013, we are having a 15% off sale on Master Keys. Also, take advantage of our special lock box promotion with this sale!

We hope you enjoy this sale!
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    When I first saw thins I thought this was the day 1 freebie glad to see I was wrong I'll be skipping this
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    alidarjalidarj Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    :mad::confused: Really wish this was announced before I bought $50 USD worth of Zen on saturday, and then again yesterday,and spent it all on keys, always seems that you do these discounts right after i decide to go a little wild with buying points, really doesn't surprise me anymore when this happens, but the more it happens, the more I really start think that I should stop buying Zen.:confused::mad:

Oh Well, My Loss, I hope you'll have a sale at the first week of next month.
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hm... costume slots or master keys or featured DOFF packs for my Rommie?

Might have to pass on the key sale this time around. This month's allotment won't cover all of that.

Still, I benefited from the sub sale so I got what I really needed. There is an upside to multiple sales running at the same time, I guess. :)
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    alidarj wrote: »
    :mad::confused: Really wish this was announced before I bought $50 USD worth of Zen on saturday, and then again yesterday,and spent it all on keys, always seems that you do these discounts right after i decide to go a little wild with buying points, really doesn't surprise me anymore when this happens, but the more it happens, the more I really start think that I should stop buying Zen.:confused::mad:

Here's a good rule of thumb based on past history:

When they're getting ready to release a new lockbox, they usually have a promotion on keys right before that. And you can tell when they're about to release a new lockbox because they tell you ahead of time that your time is running out to collect the current one.

Not that they won't change their pattern someday, but it's holding true so far.

Other sales can be a little more difficult to predict, but they will normally have a ship sale right after they release a new ship (not including the latest ship) and they will often have a DOFF pack sale around the time they introduce a new DOFF pack.

Not sure if we're due for another Junior Officer Appreciation event, but the US Labor Day holiday might be an opportunity for that and they might have a DOFF sale. Other than that, I have no predictions.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    bluegeek wrote: »
    Here's a good rule of thumb based on past history...
    While Bluegeek has some excellent suggestions, I've one better:

Never pay full price.

In fact, you can usually get "double discount".

Only ever buy Zen when it's on sale (or they're giving bonus points from cards, basically the same thing).

Then wait for the item you want to go on sale (times vary, but everything does, eventually.)

If you don't have patience to do both, at least get one discount.

They will always have sales. There's nothing in this game that is so Pay-to-Win that you must have it now. Or if you simply can't wait, then please don't feel regret over your impulse full-price expenditure, and just be happy you were able to support the game. :P

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    While Bluegeek has some excellent suggestions, I've one better:

Never pay full price.

In fact, you can usually get "double discount".

Only ever buy Zen when it's on sale (or they're giving bonus points from cards, basically the same thing).
    This times eleventy-billion.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I just bought a ten pack yesterday..... :(

Well, at least it wasn't any real money out of my pocket. :D
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Cool, I might have to hit this up. So I can use it on my Dominion boxes I saved up. In hopes to get it lucky on a Jem Ship.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    dessniperdessniper Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    PASS

/10chars
  • Options
    theantisainttheantisaint Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    There goes the sale right on cue; good thing I saved some dilithium for a pack or two.
  • Options
    trezillah01trezillah01 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If you guys ran a Zen sale along with it, i would be all for it. I don't mind tossing some dollar bills and almost always will if you run the Zen sale along with the Keys, which from past experience usually happens :)
  • Options
    blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    alidarj wrote: »

I generally fill the gas tanks of my cars and gas cans for the mower right before the price drops (after predictions of price increases).

So - I will let you know when I buy gas, if you will post the next time you buy a bunch of keys. Then you'll know when the price of gas is going to go up, and I'll know when to buy keys. LOL

Aliella Hawklight, Divine Oracle Devoted Cleric
    "Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

DaiMon Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
    Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)
  • Options
    sarvour0sarvour0 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So i make the decision to buy $50 woth of Zen but it can't process the payment. Master Key Sale ends tomorrow.
    4073703.jpg
    [SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards[/SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards
    =A=Commodore Joshua Daniel Sarvour, S.C.E.
    U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =A= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

"There Ain't No Grave, Can Hold My Body Down..."

PS - I fully support a T6 Nova, fixing the Nova skins. I am also rooting for a T6 Science Cruiser, that can use Nova/Rhode Island skins.
    T6 Nova/Rhode Island, T6 Oberth & T6 Constellation are needed. Also needed a T6 Science Cruiser, that can wear any Science or Cruiser skin.
  • Options
    sarvour0sarvour0 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So i throw $50 at PCGameSupply.com to get UGC card code to buy 5300 zen. threw a bunch of Keys at Exchg but i was ignorant of the ec cap for silver accounts and lost the 13million ec over my 10 mil limit. fun. wow.
    4073703.jpg
    [SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards[/SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards
    =A=Commodore Joshua Daniel Sarvour, S.C.E.
    U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =A= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

"There Ain't No Grave, Can Hold My Body Down..."

PS - I fully support a T6 Nova, fixing the Nova skins. I am also rooting for a T6 Science Cruiser, that can use Nova/Rhode Island skins.
    T6 Nova/Rhode Island, T6 Oberth & T6 Constellation are needed. Also needed a T6 Science Cruiser, that can wear any Science or Cruiser skin.
  • Options
    eugenesyseugenesys Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sarvour0 wrote: »
    So i throw $50 at PCGameSupply.com to get UGC card code to buy 5300 zen. threw a bunch of Keys at Exchg but i was ignorant of the ec cap for silver accounts and lost the 13million ec over my 10 mil limit. fun. wow.

We learn from our mistakes
    I also lost a few mil ECs selling my unrefined mats and forgetting that there was an EC Cap on my alt. zzzzz
This discussion has been closed.