test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

borg implants

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited August 2013 in The Academy
ive seen players with borg implants and was wondering how they got them?
and how can i get them?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Perk for taking the risk to go lifetime sub before the game even went live.
    edited May 2010
    The only way to currently get the Borg face implants is to have purchased a LTS when it was originally offered before launch. Knowing Cryptic, I wouldn't be surprised if, sometime down the line, they will offer either the Lib Borg or parts in some fashion.
    edited May 2010
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the implants also available if you create an alien toon?
    edited May 2010
    As far as I know the only way to get them is if you purchased the lifetime subscription before the game release date. I don't know if the Amazon pre-order offer gave the eye implants to. I have both so.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the implants also available if you create an alien toon?

I doubt it because then everyone can make a liberated Borg.
    edited May 2010

There are a few different eye pieces but no Implants.

You can have the infected skin option, So you can actually make an Alien Borg toon.
    It just wont be a good as the LTS perk
    edited May 2010
    There are visors, not implants, available for non pre-order LTS.

It was an exclusive reward for taking the risk and ordering a Lifetime account before the game was Live.
    edited May 2010

I'm on a different page than you guys, I thought you were talking about the reflective eye implants that Borgs have, not the implanted attachements. Disregard.
    edited May 2010
    Jnoh wrote:
    It was an exclusive reward for taking the risk and ordering a Lifetime account before the game was Live.

Ok, this is intresting. I was half-tempted to purchase a Lifetime in the next few weeks and I was assuming that the Liberated Borg was still part of the package.

Are there any benefits at all for buying a Lifetime subscription right now (besides never having to pay for the game again)?
    edited May 2010
    Ifandbut wrote: »
    Ok, this is intresting. I was half-tempted to purchase a Lifetime in the next few weeks and I was assuming that the Liberated Borg was still part of the package.

Are there any benefits at all for buying a Lifetime subscription right now (besides never having to pay for the game again)?

No... that is pretty much it..

Well.. As a Lifer you have acces to the "Captains Table" station, inside the "Anomaly" you can see in orbit around earth, but it is not that special... I went there 3 or 4 times, and it is nothing special, except for the eye candy.
    edited May 2010
    And you get a "career officer" game and forum title a long with a lifetime combadge.
    edited May 2010
    Alexraptor wrote: »
    And you get a "career officer" game and forum title a long with a lifetime combadge.

Right... forgot thoose... I have the "Tamarian Hero" Title and badge (they look ALOT cooler :D )
    edited May 2010
    anazonda wrote: »
    No... that is pretty much it..

Well.. As a Lifer you have acces to the "Captains Table" station, inside the "Anomaly" you can see in orbit around earth, but it is not that special... I went there 3 or 4 times, and it is nothing special, except for the eye candy.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. My only kind of desire to get a lifetime sub was to make a Liberated Borg. Thanks for saving me $300.
    edited May 2010
    Ifandbut wrote: »
    Thanks for clearing that up for me. My only kind of desire to get a lifetime sub was to make a Liberated Borg. Thanks for saving me $300.

You can buy lifetime accounts on eBay with liberated borg, although Cryptic doesn't like it.
    edited May 2010

There are a few eye attachments available but none of the Borg ones.
    edited May 2010
    You can buy lifetime accounts on eBay with liberated borg, although Cryptic doesn't like it.

On a note on this: IF cryptic finds proof that an account with a liberated borg has been sold, they can in accordance with EULA and other terms of use terminate the account without warning. And this is fully legal for them to do so.

So buying such an account would be a risk.
    edited May 2010
    anazonda wrote: »

Besides, it's already scheduled to be given as a 400-day veteran benefit, so it's not a real lifetimer perk anymore. Such is the way this game has gone.
    edited May 2010
    Everytime I go to the Captains table, aside from the first day it was there, I've been alone or maybe 1 other person messing around at the exchange so it's not much of a reward anyway.
  • fubanatorfubanator Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Is your mission in Star Trek Online a long-term one? If so, a lifetime subscription is a great way to commit to Gold Membership for Star Trek Online at one low price. You can play Star Trek Online forever as a Gold member and never pay a monthly subscription fee again!

But the perks of a lifetime subscription extend beyond just a great savings opportunity. We've also bundled in special features for lifetime subscribers as tokens of appreciation. Here are some of the benefits we've extended to our lifetime players:
    ?No subscription fee: Play without a monthly fee forever!
    ?The Liberated Borg character species: Play as an escaped member of the Hivemind.
    ?The Captain's Table - A special area restricted to lifetime subscribers and longtime STO veterans.
    ?Exclusive costume option - An insignia available only to lifetime subscribers. Just visit a tailor in-game to add it to your current captain.
    ?"Career Officer" title - Show off that you're committed to Starfleet, the KDF, or the Romulan Republic for the duration.
    ?Forum goodies - Change the color of your username and show off a special title.
    ?(NEW!) Instant access to all Veteran Rewards!

To purchase a lifetime subscription, simply click the "Buy Now" button below!
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    dude, check post dates before replying please, you bumped a 39 month old thread. threads are not allowed to be posted in after 30 days.