test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Romulan Drone Ships

aetam1aetam1 Member Posts: 228 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Romulan Discussion
This is just a little heads up, I already filed a bug report.

Unfortunately since the patch they no longer use beam fire at will or beam overload. I noticed it during a parse when neither showed up. So I created a private challenge with a friend to take a closer look:

The pets do try. They have the beam overload buff but it does not trigger. They shoot normal beams and after 30sec the buff disappeares. Since it does have a 30sec reuse they will recast it immediately. So they are flying around with a constant beam overload buff that never fires.
Now there is fire at will. They do try to use that too. So for 10sec they will have the faw and the overload buff on them. I suppose that should not be possible in the first place. But neither of them triggers. So basically romulan drone ships fly around firing normal beam arrays without any special abilities.

I might add that I saw it used once one a parse since the patch. So maybe there is some way that they still use it. But under controlled testing with a friend I was not able to make them use either ability. Maybe you can get them to use faw if you subnuc bo. Might be worth a try.

My stomach is clear and my mind is full of bacon!
Post edited by aetam1 on

Comments

• mustafatennickmustafatennick Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    For gods sake I paid for the scimi 3 days ago and every day since there has been a new problem arisen with it

These drones were great and they've even broke them thanks cryptic
    ----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====---- :cool:
  • archoncrypticarchoncryptic Member, Cryptic Developers Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    That's pretty strange. I'll look into it. Thanks for the bug report.
  • mustachemavmustachemav Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This malfunction/bug is not entirely accurate as i'm playing now and the drones do use fire at will randomly just fine. unless im just lucky, i have not seen BO tho, ill have to pay more attention to see if it fires off
    Facebook | STOked Radio
    Twitter | @STOkedshow
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mustachemavmustachemav Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yup just checked BO just fired
    Facebook | STOked Radio
    Twitter | @STOkedshow
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • overlapooverlapo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Works fine for me too, but I am using the regular drones.
    Since there are three versions of these drones, maybe the problem is limited to a single version? The elite drones had their cooldowns reduced in the last patch.
  • theuser2021theuser2021 Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Oh well, they needed to be nerfed anyways. Lol, I kid I kid :D
  • thecipherthecipher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Adding my voice to this:

* Using Elite Romulan Drones, and they do no use FAW or BO at all.
    * The Elite Drones also seem to be affected by the "known issues" from the patch list where active pets get replaced with the hangar launch button, making the whole experience thing useless for them.

I did a sample Infected: The Cure parse earlier, and the results back up this bug report:

http://i.imgur.com/HIOJ59c.jpg

Normally, the FAW3 of the elite drones get rolled into my own FAW3, so at a glance, it's not easy to see. I know that I get around 13-14k dps from the combined FAW's though, so it's a significant reduction. More importantly however, is the lack of Beam Overload anywhere on the parse.

So, I don't know if this bug exists on the regular and advanced drones, but it does for sure on the Elite ones.
  • molen#7916 molen Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    thecipher wrote: »
    Adding my voice to this:

* Using Elite Romulan Drones, and they do no use FAW or BO at all.
    * The Elite Drones also seem to be affected by the "known issues" from the patch list where active pets get replaced with the hangar launch button, making the whole experience thing useless for them.

I did a sample Infected: The Cure parse earlier, and the results back up this bug report:

http://i.imgur.com/HIOJ59c.jpg

Normally, the FAW3 of the elite drones get rolled into my own FAW3, so at a glance, it's not easy to see. I know that I get around 13-14k dps from the combined FAW's though, so it's a significant reduction. More importantly however, is the lack of Beam Overload anywhere on the parse.

So, I don't know if this bug exists on the regular and advanced drones, but it does for sure on the Elite ones.

Tip:

If you use the plugin STO_ACT on this page http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=584871 there are options for displaying damage from pets as a separate category.
  • aetam1aetam1 Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This is an ISE parse from today:

http://imgur.com/n692byF

No faw, no bo

Edit: Another parse from a Klingon fleet alert, with a different char:

http://imgur.com/s1mHwhY

edited July 2013
    Ok so further testing:

Elite drones have the same problem as advanced drones:

http://imgur.com/QvBnWMz,OHjSziS#0

Normal drones have no problem and are working fine:

http://imgur.com/QvBnWMz,OHjSziS#1

• eldritchxeldritchx Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    thecipher wrote: »

I haven't really noticed this problem. I'll point out though, that, as frigates, you'd never need to replace part of a wing of drones. Thus you should never need to hit the launch button until a drone is dead, whereupon it should replace the dead drone only.

That's how it's been working for me anyway. I get drones to level 4-5 easily in the maps with less flying around. There is a problem keeping them around in maps like Azure Nebula Rescue and The Vault: Ensnared. They just seem to get left behind and disappear from the UI window.
  • thecipherthecipher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    eldritchx wrote: »
    I haven't really noticed this problem. I'll point out though, that, as frigates, you'd never need to replace part of a wing of drones. Thus you should never need to hit the launch button until a drone is dead, whereupon it should replace the dead drone only.

That's how it's been working for me anyway. I get drones to level 4-5 easily in the maps with less flying around. There is a problem keeping them around in maps like Azure Nebula Rescue and The Vault: Ensnared. They just seem to get left behind and disappear from the UI window.

I could just manually launch them yes, but that would be a workaround, rather than have it be working as intended. If it was working as intended, then hitting the hangar button when I have two active frigates would just mean that no new frigate would be launched, if there were already two of them out.
  • tigerayaxtigerayax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    they use Faw and bo and u can see the buff on the droneships, and as long they fire with disruptor-weapons they benefit from bo and fa and consume the buffs, but if they change design to a non-disruptor-weapon-ship like a tholian or borg and use plasma or tetryon they dont benefit from the faw or bo skill/buff ... so the problem is in somewhere in the spectral-emitter gimmik. it is nice they mimic enemys and i love the look and style of having multiple different pets at te same time (random-pet :D) but i would prefer a working hangarpet ;)

maybe they can fix it fast if they know where the problem is.
  • ga1enga1en Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The only difference that i can see between the Romulan drone and it's advanced and elite versions is the presence of a Multi-Spectral Emitter- Sensor Distortion. The ecred Romulan Drone does not have this skill?module? and all it's skills work fine while the advanced/elite version have it at level 1 and 2 respectively and none of thier skills work. So I'm wondering if this skill?module? is interfering with the other skills activating.

I can see them activate the skill and it on it's timer, but none of the FAW or BO or EptS actually trigger.

Anyways I went back to the regular drone as a weaker ship that's easier to kill but with functioning skills is more effective than a drone that although tougher has no skills at all.
  • nasgarothiannasgarothian Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i think the fella further up was onto something...i have the elites, if i'm fighting kdf or romulan ships, they work as expected. but otherwise, nothing. sadly patch notes today reveal they've tweaked almost every other hangar pet except these. whoever designed them, get him back...his seat's still warm and he's not finished yet :P good job and great fun though, but i for one would like this sorting, to see my drones as effective in estf's as tau dewa dailies vs roms. although i have to say, when working correctly, my god do they pull aggro =D hopefully today's patches to ai behavior can reduce that somewhat...
    edited August 2013
    Sadly, if they fix the problems or you're using the normal drones, they will still pull aggro like nobody's business because as I monitored thier skill usage they REALLY like FAW. They just love to shoot everyone in range and they do it as often as the FAW cycles.

Because they have 3 beam arrays that means they can outaggro almost anyone except a beam boat.

I can't see how they can fix that unless they put a modifier that lowers the amount of aggro they achieve with each hit.
  • killgore3232killgore3232 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Maybe a noob question, but where do you get the elite and advanced probes? I have been running the normal ones, but haven't found where to buy the advanced ones.
    edited August 2013
    Advanced are in the Dil store under specials i think. Elite is a shipyard purchase that has a tier 5 comm array costing 45k dil and 100k fleet credits.
  • vonhellstingvonhellsting Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Maybe a noob question, but where do you get the elite and advanced probes? I have been running the normal ones, but haven't found where to buy the advanced ones.

As said above Dil store for advanced , Elites require a tier 5 fleet and depending on your fleet it will require you to be a certain rank within the fleet to purchase fleet items.
    The Lobi Crystals are Faaaakkkkee!
  • killgore3232killgore3232 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thanks guys. Must have missed the ones in the Dilithium store, and my fleet is about to hit tier 5, so I'll just save up for the elites.
  • fonz71fonz71 Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i can't stand those drones... :(

that being said, i can't wait to get them!! :D
    Don't know why it says i'm an ARC user. i will never use that TRIBBLE Cryptic!
    edited August 2013
    That's pretty strange. I'll look into it. Thanks for the bug report.

Is there any update on the situation? Do you need any additional information? And I probably should have said that sooner but: thanks for looking into it :)

• archoncrypticarchoncryptic Member, Cryptic Developers Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I tracked this down and fixed it internally. Not sure how long it will be before the fix gets to you.
    edited August 2013
    I tracked this down and fixed it internally. Not sure how long it will be before the fix gets to you.

Cool, thanks!

• jarheardjarheard Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i think i spotted the same issue with elite bug pets and elite mesh weavers , its like something is off there especially with the BO department .

oh well ..something to be checked i guess .
    edited August 2013
    Anyone know if the drones got fixed in this Aug. 15 patch? Am at work so can't test but there was nothing in the patch notes.

edit: Just ran an STF and the Advanced Drone ship skills all work. Thanks archoncryptic!
  • whytelyonwhytelyon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It seemed to me to be based ont he form the Elite Drones took; when they were Birds of Prey fighting klingons they worked, but not when borg probes or tholian ships.
    -- I will do what I must to aid my family, friends, and fleet, in that order; no matter how many things, laws... or people... I have to break in order to do so. --