test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can't unlock Risa Corvette

viper40wattviper40watt Member Posts: 46 Arc User
I flew my last Flying High, got up to 1,680 pearls and went to my reputation menu to unlock the corvette but could only find the Crystal Shard "bonus rewards" reputation project. I checked the store but did not see the corvette there either.....

Am I missing something or is the 'unlock corvette' mission no longer available to be selected from the reputation menu? Was it removed prematurely? My understanding was that pearls would be obtainable via lobi from the event store until the end of the summer event on Aug 15th (or whatever the date was), so my assumption was the 'unlock corvette' reputation event would also be available until that date.....
Post edited by viper40watt on

Comments

• fmgtorres1979fmgtorres1979 Member Posts: 1,327 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    No, until the 4th (or 5th)!

EDIT: The event lasts longer than the project.
  • solidneutroniumsolidneutronium Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You're outa luck and have to wait till next year.
    Professional Slider Since 2409

Officially Nerfed In Early 2410
  • viper40wattviper40watt Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It would appear that is the case, but why would the project not be active for as long as the event to obtain pearls was alive?
    edited August 2013
    It would appear that is the case, but why would the project not be active for as long as the event to obtain pearls was alive?

I don't know. That's how it was done.
    There was a timeframe for the whole event, but you had a shorter period to get the corvette.
  • jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    From the current Tribble patch notes:
    It is again possible to slot the Risian corvette project and it will be available until the Summer event ends.

It was made unslottable by mistake, and should be fixed in this week's patch.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=11784701&postcount=1

They broke the ability to slot it, it should be back to normal as its been added to Tribble
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    What I want to know is why didn't you claim the ship at 1,000 pearls:confused: or put them in as you got them...what was the point in holding on to them:confused:
    GwaoHAD.png
    edited August 2013
    jeffel82 wrote: »
    From the current Tribble patch notes:

It was made unslottable by mistake, and should be fixed in this week's patch.

Great, that's good to know. Thanks for the Tribble information.
    edited August 2013
    Great, that's good to know. Thanks for the Tribble information.

I was unaware of that, more recent, information. I apologize for misleading you.
    As far as I knew it was over because of the deadline.
    edited August 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    What I want to know is why didn't you claim the ship at 1,000 pearls:confused: or put them in as you got them...what was the point in holding on to them:confused:

I didn't fill the project as I went for two reasons. One is that I hate the reputation style 'fill boxes with sliders' and avoid the system. The other being that it's always possible for some wacky bug to happen with the project pulled early accidently and everyone's in progress pearls being lost because of it.

The reason why I didn't fill it at 1,000 was because I enjoy the Flying High game. It was fun and I did it almost daily. I also enjoyed making a big pile of pearls and was curious as to what number I would get up to. Considering I wanted to do the Flying High game until the end, and I assumed I'd fill the project on the last day of the event after my final run. I didn't expect to find that the Flying High game was still available and yet the corvette project would be gone.
  • seanftdseanftd Member Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I flew my last Flying High, got up to 1,680 pearls and went to my reputation menu to unlock the corvette but could only find the Crystal Shard "bonus rewards" reputation project. I checked the store but did not see the corvette there either.....

Am I missing something or is the 'unlock corvette' mission no longer available to be selected from the reputation menu? Was it removed prematurely? My understanding was that pearls would be obtainable via lobi from the event store until the end of the summer event on Aug 15th (or whatever the date was), so my assumption was the 'unlock corvette' reputation event would also be available until that date.....

Did you select the project before you collected the perals.
    From what I understand you stopped being able to select that project a few days ago.
    I don't understand why players didn't just place perals in it from day one.
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I didn't fill the project as I went for two reasons. One is that I hate the reputation style 'fill boxes with sliders' and avoid the system. The other being that it's always possible for some wacky bug to happen with the project pulled early accidently and everyone's in progress pearls being lost because of it.

The reason why I didn't fill it at 1,000 was because I enjoy the Flying High game. It was fun and I did it almost daily. I also enjoyed making a big pile of pearls and was curious as to what number I would get up to. Considering I wanted to do the Flying High game until the end, and I assumed I'd fill the project on the last day of the event after my final run. I didn't expect to find that the Flying High game was still available and yet the corvette project would be gone.

As Spock might say " This would be an illogical decision, as it has caused you a problem." Holding onto them, you could have very well lost all of them from a bug as well.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!