test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

the great epohh hunt swindle

bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
I sometimes feel when raising epohh that I have been conned somehow.
quite often I think I get lucky and the standard epohh evolve into a yellow or some such
epohh and I think wicked.
then when I come to sell the elder evolved epohh I still only get 400 romulan marks then I think so what was the point of having this very rare evolved epohh then.
what made it even worse in my eyes was that during the risa event and raising the birds if one of the birds evolved into the rare tufted variety you got an extra 40 marks when selling it.
this moan dosnt mean I will stop hunting epohh its still the quickest way to raise 400 romulan marks I know but I still think its a bit daft to say the least.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    when is the KDF going to hunt down all the epohh and the tribbles again i want to here these song throughout the galaxy not these thing in every corner of the galaxy :D sorry i had to :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    First off the 'rare' tufted bird gets you 100. Regular ones get you 60. Any elder epohh gets you 400. If anything the bird raisers are getting swindled, my friend.
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • anothervisitoranothervisitor Member Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    @OP: Do you prefer that only the evolved ones give 400 and the regular ones maybe just 250? No thanks! I like it the way it is now. Apart from the Epohhs, Romulan marks are a real pain to get.
    Tyr shall give me strength!
    For the glory of Tempus!
    I am the hands of Shar!
    Flames of Kossuth, protect me!
    Oghma, grant me knowledge!
    Lolth commands, and I obey!
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    First off the 'rare' tufted bird gets you 100. Regular ones get you 60. Any elder epohh gets you 400. If anything the bird raisers are getting swindled, my friend.

its was so much simpler and quicker to get the bird eggs than it is to get yourself a epohh.
    you could pick them up free by doing the statue hunt mission that you could do as many times a day as you wanted and although sometimes you didn't find an egg doing this you could still put the favours earned towards buying an egg but at times I have found 2 or 3 eggs in one hunt.
    once you have 1 egg you can start raising it strait away and within a few days you have 60 marks standard or 100 marks tuffed - easy.
    I raised enough marks in the short time that the risa event ran to take my fed kdf and rom all the way to tier 5 nukara from scratch without having to do any nukara missions at all.
    try doing that with rom rep by raising epohh and see how long it takes you.
    with epohhs you must do the tagging mission once a day that rewards maybe 1 or 2 tags at most and you must then have 4 tags to do the research doff misson and you need to complete 5 research missions to get one epohh to start raising it.
    that works out anything between 10 to 20 days before you can start raising your first epohh.
    for this reason I think its quite fair to reward 400 rom marks for 1 elder epohh as opposed to 60 marks for the birds.
    but this is not the point I was trying to make, the thing is what is the point of having the evolved epohh if there is no extra reward for getting it.
    most other doff missions run along the lines of this is what you get for success in completing the mission but you have 5% chance of bonus for Critical Success in wich case you get extra rewards as was the case with raising the birds.
    so with raising epohh if you have 5% chance that when you raise a epohh it might be an evolved epohh you should be rewarded with extra bonus when it comes to selling said epohh.
    so for example if a regular epohh rewards 400 rom marks an evolved epohh will reward 500 rom marks.
    if there is no extra reward for raising a very rare evolved epohh why have them in the first place.

edited August 2013
    @OP: Do you prefer that only the evolved ones give 400 and the regular ones maybe just 250? No thanks! I like it the way it is now. Apart from the Epohhs, Romulan marks are a real pain to get.

in answer to your question please read my reply to the question from dracounguis

• zdfx19zdfx19 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Like tribble breeders haven't been swindled out of the hobby? Its all about grind man. Forget the fun and fair value on trade.
  • robrocks1robrocks1 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    try doing that with rom rep by raising epohh and see how long it takes you.
    with epohhs you must do the tagging mission once a day that rewards maybe 1 or 2 tags at most and you must then have 4 tags to do the research doff misson and you need to complete 5 research missions to get one epohh to start raising it.
    that works out anything between 10 to 20 days before you can start raising your first epohh.
    for this reason I think its quite fair to reward 400 rom marks for 1 elder epohh as opposed to 60 marks for the birds.
    but this is not the point I was trying to make, the thing is what is the point of having the evolved epohh if there is no extra reward for getting it.

I don't know if you paid attention to people asking for groups for tagging, because a group of 2 can tag enough epohhs to earn 4 tags, which is enough to start the research mission.

Said research mission gives 3 epohh research on a crit, which you should obviously be aiming for.

What this means is it can take 2-5 not 20 days to start raising an epohh.

Hunting for eggs is entirely luck based if you don't buy them with favours, meaning it would take a single character anywhere between 90 minutes to collect enough favours or infinity if your luck was bad to start raising a bird.

Finally, the evolved epohhs are for vanity. They're worth the same but look different. That's all. Why the birds are different is probably developer whim.
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I for one do not collect vanity TRIBBLE, unless it can be traded for marks or EC's or dilithium....well you get the point.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

edited August 2013
    robrocks1 wrote: »
    I don't know if you paid attention to people asking for groups for tagging, because a group of 2 can tag enough epohhs to earn 4 tags, which is enough to start the research mission.

Said research mission gives 3 epohh research on a crit, which you should obviously be aiming for.

What this means is it can take 2-5 not 20 days to start raising an epohh.

Hunting for eggs is entirely luck based if you don't buy them with favours, meaning it would take a single character anywhere between 90 minutes to collect enough favours or infinity if your luck was bad to start raising a bird.

Finally, the evolved epohhs are for vanity. They're worth the same but look different. That's all. Why the birds are different is probably developer whim.

2-5 days if you are lucky enough to be invited to a group or 10 to 20 if you do it solo is of no matter I still picked or purchased with fovours up enough eggs to start raising one every day and still had enough favours left over at the end to sell them to the merchant for 200k of gold pressed latinum, and weather you want to keep the epohh for vanity is up to you some people chose to keep the birds that's up to them during the risa event I raised 6 tufted birds while raising epohh I must have raised at least 10 evolved epohh how much vanity can one person have that they would keep every tufted bird or evolved epohh they raised, but also just let me remind you that when they ran the winter event they used winter epohh and when they evolved they also had a bonus when sold.

edited August 2013
    Getting a group isn't a "lucky" thing; stand next the Toreth, watch zone chat for "lfg fed/kdf tagging", use the phrase yourself. You're looking for just 1 other person, not a full group of 5.

Once you get 5 research keep tagging while you raise the first one. Chances are you'll probably crit the research mission while you're raising one and you can be raising more than one at once. Keep at it and you'll be swimming in Rom marks.

The evolution is just for looks, if you're not interested in keeping it then just send whites without crit traits on the raising missions, of simply not care when it crits.

There's no reason to claim anything is a swindle.
    edited August 2013
    robrocks1 wrote: »
    Getting a group isn't a "lucky" thing; stand next the Toreth, watch zone chat for "lfg fed/kdf tagging", use the phrase yourself. You're looking for just 1 other person, not a full group of 5.

Once you get 5 research keep tagging while you raise the first one. Chances are you'll probably crit the research mission while you're raising one and you can be raising more than one at once. Keep at it and you'll be swimming in Rom marks.

The evolution is just for looks, if you're not interested in keeping it then just send whites without crit traits on the raising missions, of simply not care when it crits.

There's no reason to claim anything is a swindle.

it is astounding me how many of you players are so set against anything that might have a chance that you might get youself some extra marks.
    I stick with my other comment try taking your next character form scratch to tier 5 romulan rep just by raising epohh and see how long it takes you.
    then compare that to the one month it took me to do it with the nukara rep by raising birds.

edited August 2013
    Funny you should say that as I have just started another character doing Rom rep using epohhs, started raising the first one last night after 2 tagging sessions.

All of my 7 other characters have done it this way, and all have 400+ spare marks after reaching tier 5. Some of them have kept evolved epohhs as pets.

Marks is not an issue for Rom rep if you use epohhs, meaning the 20 hour timer on the mission controls the pace.

I think people like me are "against" your "it's a swindle, change it" idea because epohhs are extremely profitable as is, and asking for more is both greedy and risking a nerf.
  • satinaviansatinavian Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yes, doing the same with all my newer chars.

Before i dicovered epohhs, i was about to give up Rom rep after T2, because it was sooo tedius. Then i finished it with all my chars doing solely epohhs and now it's the same way with my three Rommies.

It's so easy. Even if you don't have the right boff from star (and don't want to transfer for researching) it is at most 5 days per epohh. And Rommies have a transwarp destination there, so it's at most a couple of minutes per day. Which means in total less then half an hour per epohh (considering that kdfsa need longer to group). Which means half an hour per ~412 marks (the tagging also rewards marks).

It's by far the most time efficient way for marks in the game. Yes, you have to stretch it over several days.

But who cares ? You need at least 36 days for your rep anyway. that is at least 7 epohhs.- More than enough for the rep and most of your gear. Might need more, if you want final Reman/Romulan space set. Admitting, you need up to 8 days until your fist epohh is ready, so maybe it'a week more, if you are not willing to do one or two other Rom-mark-missions.

Meh, even when doing all my 3 reps on all my 3 Rom chars, i am most busy with
    a) Nukara marks
    b) Experience (earning ~45000 per day per char is hard)

10-15 Minutes Space eSTF every two days does also help with the experience and eppohhs provide the Rom marks.
  • decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I for one do not collect vanity TRIBBLE, unless it can be traded for marks or EC's or dilithium....well you get the point.

400 marks/50 x 500 = 4000 dilithium.

I have not done the Epohh hunt, yet managed to get to tier 5 with over 2k marks left to convert to dilithium. I have all I want from the Romulan rep system. THe only thing slowing me down was the 20 hour timer.
  • satinaviansatinavian Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The TOs problem is, that there is no reason (beside vanity) to try to crit raise epohh missions, because a success gives the same reward.
    edited August 2013
    decronia wrote: »
    400 marks/50 x 500 = 4000 dilithium.

I have not done the Epohh hunt, yet managed to get to tier 5 with over 2k marks left to convert to dilithium. I have all I want from the Romulan rep system. THe only thing slowing me down was the 20 hour timer.

I didn't say it cant be done, all I say is if something is rare surly it stands to reason it should be worth a little more as with the tufted birds and the evolved winter epohhs from the winter event that were worth more.
    as with anything the rarer it is the more its worth.
    and sure as many have said the evolved epohh are for vanity but the same can be said for the tufted birds and winter epohh that had bows and ribbons ect.
    I just cannot see how you can have birds or winter epohh that can evolve and are worth more and romulan epohh that can evolve and are not worth more.
    and im not asking for the world here but surely 100 or 50 or even 25 extra marks wouldn't break the bank but at least it would be nice and it would show a reason for going out of your way to try an get one that's evolved.
    I am sure this may have been something that was ment to be done but someone made a booboo and forgot than when no one made an issue over it thay said might as well leave it as it is then if no one is fussed.
    but if you lot cant make use of a few extra romulan marks we will leave things as they are shall we?