test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What spin off is best?

captclazoruscaptclazorus Member Posts: 377 Arc User
edited September 2013 in Ten Forward
A series based on Riker's future as a Captain- Star Trek: Titan
A series based on Data as captain of the Enterprise-E- Star Trek:?
A series based on DS9 after Sisko and Odo left, I can stand being with out Sisko but Odo no way, maybe he could come back and Kira and him could live happily ever after, Sisko never did anything, he just sat in his chair and played with his baseball-Star Trek:?
A series based on Star Trek Online with the war but more new exploration and discovery, we don't want to see everything we've already seen in the other series, but all the conflict can be used in this.

Any of your own spin offs, post them here.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Star Trek: Rubicon" Season 1, Season 2 A new era, a new time, a new crew, a new ship, a new mission...
"I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment because it will never come again."- Jean-Luc Picard
Post edited by captclazorus on

Comments

• captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I quite liked the idea of la Forge as captain of the challenger (although a second galaxy class as the main vessel might seem a step backwards/too similar).

Riker on the titan would have been my pick. I think Nemesis sets up the idea nicely but i think the opportunity has gone now.

i would love a DS9 return. It would not quite be the same thing, but I think it really could work if done right.

realistically it would now have to be a whole new concept/crew. maybe using one of two characters from the older treks as crew members to bridge the gap.
  • kirk201okirk201o Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    reyan01 wrote: »
    I, personally, feel that a series loosely based on the Voyager relaunch [book] series would be good if done right.

Having a small fleet return to the Delta quadrant would be interesting, and quite a few Voyager plots were left hanging. The biggest problem with this, however, would likely be the number of actors that would be required would be financially prohibitive.

Was this actually a book? or is this just your idea( either way i like the sond of that):D
  • hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Michael Dorn's Captain Worf idea, but with a twist: He's not the central character. He's the captain of a low-level research/survey vessel. 90% of the crew are blue shirts with no combat experience, but he still rushes into every crisis the ship detects with its inconveniently accurate long range sensors.

The actual focus of the show is the rest of his terrified crew who just want to do their botany and chemistry but must live every day in terror that Worf will go all good-day-to-die and start punching consoles.

The concept would run stale by the end of season 1, but if the writers were on the ball they could cover a lot of interesting territory there, like the thinly veiled racism towards non-member species seen in the Federation and Starfleet through TNG and later, shortcomings of the multimission concept, hypocrisy of the non-military doctrine, and Worf growling and throwing furniture (which has been enough to carry entire episodes on occasion).
  • seanftdseanftd Member Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    reyan01 wrote: »
    It's a series of books - usually referred to as the 'Voyager Relaunch' series, in which Voyager and a small fleet - known as Project Full Circle - are outfitted with Quantum Slipstream to enable fast transit to the Delta Quadrant so that they can pick up where Voyager left.

The 'Full Circle'/Voyager relaunch books currently consist of:

Full Circle (though this one wasn't based in the Delta Quadrant)
    Unworthy
    Children of the Storm
    The Eternal Tide.

They actually both tie-in with, and are a consequence of, the events that occurred in the excellent (in my opinion) Destiny series, and there is at least one instance where what occurred in the Destiny series actually occurs in the Voyager relaunch book, except we see how those events unfolded for the Voyager crew.
    Project Full Circle's primary mission is to attempt to find the Caeliar (again, featured in the Destiny series of books).

They're a good read in my opinion, and well worth a look.

Oh thats good to know.
    Iv never been reader myself but those sound interesting, i might give them a try.:D
  • cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Laverne and Shirley. It was a spin off from Happy Days, and by 1980, it had surpassed Happy Days in the Network ratings....Oh, that wasn't the topic.:o
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    hevach wrote: »
    Michael Dorn's Captain Worf idea, but with a twist: He's not the central character. He's the captain of a low-level research/survey vessel. 90% of the crew are blue shirts with no combat experience, but he still rushes into every crisis the ship detects with its inconveniently accurate long range sensors.

The actual focus of the show is the rest of his terrified crew who just want to do their botany and chemistry but must live every day in terror that Worf will go all good-day-to-die and start punching consoles.

The concept would run stale by the end of season 1, but if the writers were on the ball they could cover a lot of interesting territory there, like the thinly veiled racism towards non-member species seen in the Federation and Starfleet through TNG and later, shortcomings of the multimission concept, hypocrisy of the non-military doctrine, and Worf growling and throwing furniture (which has been enough to carry entire episodes on occasion).

I must see this now
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • connortreeves67connortreeves67 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    A show starting off with Picard heading off to be a diplomat, and William Riker taking over command of the newly built Enterprise F. Which would take place after the supernova, around 2401 working on an alternate timeline from Star Trek Online. That shouldn't hurt but help the game.
  • steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
    edited August 2013
    A spy show, of sorts. Either focusing on Starfleet Intelligence or Section 31. We had a sampler for Starfleet Intelligence in DS9's "Honor Among Thieves". But write it at a Tom Clancy kind of level.

The series would delve far more into the gray areas than DS9, but that would be of necessity, since most of the story would take place in areas the Feds don't control.
  • milandaremilandare Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    hevach wrote: »

Awesome! I was thinking almost the exact same thing. And then... a hospital ship would have even more reason to skirt danger. The Captain could be an overly-innocent Telsian who saw early Starfleet propoganda broadcasts that reached the Delta quadrant somehow and convinced someone (Ankari?) to build him an Olympic class and sent it to the humans (Voyager in reverse) so he could be all "hippocratic" and "Prime Directive". Not fully grasping the shades of grey of Starfleet, the Ankaris would quickly get disenchanted in the pilot episode and go home; each disaster the Captain attends becomes a source of crew. Worf on Tac would be perfect; I was earlier thinking of a Lethean...
  • nagrom7nagrom7 Member Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I would watch a show about the U.S.S. Enterprise F religiously (so long as they change the captain :cool:) I love the concept of exploring the galaxy in an Odyssey class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harden up Princess
    Looking for an Oceanic fleet? Check out our website:
    www.ausmonauts.com
  • drowrulesupremedrowrulesupreme Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Star Trek: DTI
    That's Department of Temporal Investigations for those scratching their heads :D
    Like NCIS but in space and throughout time...

I figure it doesn't need to be set on a ship (although the use of a few "temporal" vessels would be nice) and doesn't have be restricted to exploration through time space in a Timecop-like premise, you could also have episodes dealing with rogue tech in whatever timeline is the "prime" one.

Failing that, I still liked the ideas Michael Dorn had for Star Trek: Bird of Prey. A Klingon-centric series dealing with the warriors we all know and love but from their perspective, and not a Federation one.
    "...we are far more united and have far more in common with each other than the things that divide us.”
    Jo Cox 22.6.1974 - 16.6.2016

• captclazoruscaptclazorus Member Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    What about a series for a Voyager-A?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Star Trek: Rubicon" Season 1, Season 2 A new era, a new time, a new crew, a new ship, a new mission...
    "I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment because it will never come again."- Jean-Luc Picard
  • cgta1967cgta1967 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    TRIBBLE starfleet......

These are the adventures of Commander Thy'lek Shran of the Warship Kumari, and its continuing mission of imposing the will of the Andorian Imperial Guard.

I'd like a show that has none of the TNG stuff we'd been stuck with for years.

A series based on TOS using JJ's stuff would be the best because it would have action and not be boring.

That way more than just Trekkies might watch it and it wouldn't get canceled.