test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Those gold markers in the Mining Asteroid

predconpredcon Member Posts: 478 Arc User
edited August 2013 in The Academy
Every so often, I see gold markers above some dilithium veins similar to the ones that indicate anomalies. Do these mean anything special?

For that matter, how exactly does the 'Dilithium Mining' daily event change how mining works?
Post edited by predcon on

Comments

• monkeymtv123monkeymtv123 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm not sure about the 'gold marker' as I've mined next to one and not noticed a difference. But during the 'Dilithium Mining' event you receive more Dilithium.
    You would normally get 200 max per one vein, but during the event you can get up to 300 per vein
    I think it came already up once here in the Forum and the answer to the gold anomalies markers was that they where anomalies not picked up by others.
  • grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Whenever I mine at those marker points, I usually pick up a couple of anomaly type things upon finishing my mining session at that point.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
  • solemkofsolemkof Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The mining event increases the rewards for regular mining by 50%, i.e. as posted above you get 300 ore instead of 200. You still need the same points in the mini-game to get that reward level.

The gold marker: The highest reward levels also award datasamples and particle traces. Where you see the golden marker, other players won samples/traces that they didn't pick up (e.g. full inventory). When you win samples/traces and look around you before picking them up, you should see a red marker at your position.
  • predconpredcon Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So why am I seeing where other players left their loot?
  • mashiaimashiai Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    predcon wrote: »
    So why am I seeing where other players left their loot?

Same reason that you see it in other MMO's, probably something that's easier to leave visible to everyone than to stop everyone but the claimer from seeing. I'd guess it's a technical limitation.
  • predconpredcon Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Does the mining event affect the Rich Dilithium Vein mining process?
  • jessiecoltjessiecolt Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    predcon wrote: »
    Does the mining event affect the Rich Dilithium Vein mining process?

No, it does not.