test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

This may sound like an incredibly stupid question,but...

annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,600 Arc User
I've reached tier 3for romulan reputaion, and i do not know how to unlock / buy the equipment. I would like shiney blue scorpions for my armitage
We Want Vic Fontaine
Post edited by annemarie30 on

Comments

• Options
    ladyinferno2010ladyinferno2010 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    They're projects, like the rep projects. Scroll down below those.
  • Options
    talientalien Member Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Save your dilithium for the elite Scorpions at tier5, it's worth the wait.
  • Options
    tc10btc10b Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You need to run an equipment project in one of the main slots. The Elite T5 ones are supposed to be the best in the game, so honestly save your marks and dilithium and wait for those.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Like others have pointed out you have to run another resource-sink project to unlock them in the store. This I'd like to add: Yes, you have to buy them afterwards (again...) and pay yet again ressources and probably tons of dil :D

EDIT: At least that's how you achieve ground equipment, officers and consumables. I don't use pets but I think it's a store unlock as well.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    darkhorse281darkhorse281 Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Like others have pointed out you have to run another resource-sink project to unlock them in the store. This I'd like to add: Yes, you have to buy them afterwards (again...) and pay yet again ressources and probably tons of dil :D

EDIT: At least that's how you achieve ground equipment, officers and consumables. I don't use pets but I think it's a store unlock as well.

Nope its an equipment project, expensive but no more so than elite fleet hangar pets.........as others have said wait for the T5 elite scorpions, they are worth the wait.
  • Options
    jumpingjsjumpingjs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I've reached tier 3for romulan reputaion, and i do not know how to unlock / buy the equipment. I would like shiney blue scorpions for my armitage

Not stupid at all! It took me some time to figure that out too you know! (Not sarcasm)

When you click to set a new reputation project , scroll down.

It ought to clearly display the requirements.
    Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    EDIT: Sorry, wrong thread ^^'
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It took me a little while to get my head around the equipment projects! Basically, there are two kinds:-

- Store unlocks, where you run the project and it opens up the option to buy a gear category in your personal rep store. (You can then go and buy as many as you like, and have the resources for.)

- Equipment requisitions, where running the project actually gives you one item of the gear you're looking for. (Want another one? Queue the project again.)

The fighters are an equipment requisition project, they're not in your rep store. I would second the advice from everyone else, and hold off until you've reached Tier 5 and can get the really nice ones. Though that takes time, and resources, both grinding for the reputation tier, and grinding for the gear project afterwards.
    8b6YIel.png?1