test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cryptic, fix the queues!!!!

tfomegatfomega Member Posts: 812 Arc User
edited August 2013 in PvP Gameplay
Cryptic, fix the PvP queues and quit killing PvP without making a declaration!

There is no reason why 20-40 people should constantly be sitting in the queues for 20+ minutes without a game popup!!! And even if the popup does occur, most often it is canceled because people have been waiting so long, they went on to do other things and don't want to do the PvP any longer.

And when did 16 players become necessary when it used to be 8 for cap and hold... huh?

fix it!

I AM NOT A FAN OF PWE!!!!
MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2010
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i was sick of this TRIBBLE an hour into LoR. are you throttling down pvp so the servers only have to run 1 or 2 matches at once?
  • Options
    kirkepsilon1kirkepsilon1 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have felt your pain but in STFs in the past of all things which is almost kinda funny lol but yep I don't see why this is happening unless they are trying to alleviate server stress ?
  • Options
    shailatshailat Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    tfomega wrote: »
    Cryptic, fix the PvP queues and quit killing PvP without making a declaration!

There is no reason why 20-40 people should constantly be sitting in the queues for 20+ minutes without a game popup!!! And even if the popup does occur, most often it is canceled because people have been waiting so long, they went on to do other things and don't want to do the PvP any longer.

And when did 16 players become necessary when it used to be 8 for cap and hold... huh?

fix it!

I posted a bug report about this very issue on 07-27-2013, at 12:50 PM LINK But since its related to pvp it fell to page 7 and got lost, i bumped it up again, and submitted another bug report (in-game bug report) but i doubt anything will happen as its pvp related
    ogew7.jpg
  • Options
    nulonunulonu Member Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Actually, if you notice the queue window says "participants" now, so when you see 20-40 participants you're seeing active matches in addition to those who are queued. It's an annoying change regardless and I don't really see the point of it. It would be nice to get a reason for not having a separate window for in progress matches anymore.
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    nulonu wrote: »
    Actually, if you notice the queue window says "participants" now, so when you see 20-40 participants you're seeing active matches in addition to those who are queued.

I'm not sure that this is true .
  • Options
    zarathos1978zarathos1978 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I second this. Fix it Cryptic. Since start of LoR I had like one C&H started and that's it.

When I see things like this I'm starting to believe into all the "Cryptic wants to get rid of PvP" conspiracy talks.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    no new pvp maps in 3.5 years.. pvp always takes a backseat to pve... AND, it is next on the list (coming in 4th) for the last poll that Dan Stahl had last year... that means PvP is next on the list!!!!

what kind of game doesn't have a strong sense of PvP?... even atari had player versus player back in 1976 with it's first console.

Come on, Cryptic!!! DO SOMETHING! Quit strangling PvP!!! You always have since day 1!!!!

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Here's a great picture of the queues! Why are 50 waiting?

http://imageshack.com/a/img14/1371/rdtx.png

• Options
    zeratkzeratk Member Posts: 409
    edited August 2013
    Take a look. They just refuse to give an answer, or to change it again.
    This is Crypticverse... :mad:
  • Options
    mikiiymikiiy Member Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    nulonu wrote: »
    Actually, if you notice the queue window says "participants" now, so when you see 20-40 participants you're seeing active matches in addition to those who are queued. It's an annoying change regardless and I don't really see the point of it. It would be nice to get a reason for not having a separate window for in progress matches anymore.

^ this.

They should bring the old queue numbers back.. not only is it totally confusing to have the number including in-progress games but since we also don't see number split by FvK anymore you can literally wait for hours while if i knew theres loads of feds and just one to few klingon it would be much easier to just switch toons and get it starting.
  • Options
    dylantrinidydylantrinidy Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Cryptic c'mon already DO SOMETHING!!! with pvp how many years must we wait? oh but come get your romulan time ship for at least 200$ and go fight some npc's yay
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    How would Cryptic know PvP is or is not a money maker.. they have never invested in it and nurtured it

• Options
    skurfskurf Member Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I think the priority should be changed for FvK queues. You can have 30 people in the FvK queues, but it still takes 15 minutes for it to pop because it seems priority goes to FvF. When Feds queue up for both queues there may be enough players in FvK for it to pop for some reason FvF always seems to pop before it, leaving the KDF to wait on average around 15 minutes to play a single game even though there are ~30 people in the queue. And I know they're not all KDF in the queue because when the FvF pops, you can see the number in the FvK queue drop.

That's just one problem. Ever since LoR the queues are majorly borked. You shouldn't have to wait 5-10 minutes on the Fed side when there are 50 people queued and you shouldn't have to wait 15-20 minutes on the KDF side when there are 30 people queued. It should just assign those players to maps and start. It's not like it's even doing match-making. I don't understand what the problem could be.
  • Options
    sboslayersboslayer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I see this request has fallen short. Bumpy bump... This is getting really annoying. I know were the shunned ones of the community, but at least let us into a damn game without having to wait 20 minutes :P

Ty thankies :P
  • Options
    stevehalestevehale Member Posts: 437
    edited August 2013
    I enjoy clicking engage to start a count down from 30 that reaches 20 and jumps to 60. Then it counts down to 40 and jump back to 60 before eventually hitting 0... and sitting there. Then the window disappears all together with not so much as a message that something went wrong (I suppose it speaks for itself).

I agree with placing priority on FvK for anyone willing to put themselves through that. Having the queues combine the number of people that are playing with how many are queued up and waiting is simply moronic. And what was the point of combining the faction counts, by the way? It's kind of important to know that there are 15 klinks and only 1 fed waiting in FvK. These things can't have been intended. It reeks a rush job, unfinished.

It seems to me that the game should make some kind of effort to see how many 5 man teams are in and put those together first. But I don't have any idea what could be done about all the times a match starts one or more short on a side. And I'm still interested in some kind of leaver penalty. Quitters who ruin one match shouldn't be waiting for me in the next one.
  • Options
    zeratkzeratk Member Posts: 409
    edited August 2013
    And someone stills owe us an explanation...

*taking a glimpse at the PM-Folder...*
    This is Crypticverse... :mad: