test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How to tell when you can refine more Dilithium?

snakethefox2snakethefox2 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
I understand the Dilithium refinement "cooldown" starts when you first start refining, but I honestly can't remember when that was. Is there anywhere that you can check and see roughly when you can start refining again?
Post edited by snakethefox2 on

Comments

• shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I've yet to find any developer confirmed time frame. Just seems to me based off when you last refined some.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    When you do your refining isn't relevant. It resets daily at 8pm eastern / 5pm pacific.
  • trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    When you do your refining isn't relevant. It resets daily at 8pm eastern / 5pm pacific.
    ^ Having had a few Dilithilum-heavy weeks, I can confirm this
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • o1derfull1o1derfull1 Member Posts: 294
    edited August 2013

This. My refining cap resets to 8k everyday at 7pm, and I live in the central time zone.

::WARNING:: This game is not intended for use as a source of self-esteem.
    edited August 2013

I have heard that, but it has reset in the mornings and at other various times, so I would prefer to get the answer from a Dev. Not saying you are incorrect, but seems funny how mine has acted differently for being on the East coast of the US.

• kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    8PM Eastern

5PM Pacific
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I have heard that, but it has reset in the mornings and at other various times, so I would prefer to get the answer from a Dev. Not saying you are incorrect, but seems funny how mine has acted differently for being on the East coast of the US.

The info is correct. If yours has reset at a different time, that's a bug. Since the Dil was added, mine has reset at the same time every day (1AM BST). :)
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited August 2013

I think its actually midnight GMT, which is currently 8pm Eastern Daylight Time (-04:00), but 7pm Eastern Standard Time (-05:00) in the winter
    edited August 2013
    The info is correct. If yours has reset at a different time, that's a bug. Since the Dil was added, mine has reset at the same time every day (1AM GMT). :)

Will have to do some actual testing myself, but wouldn't it make more sense for it to be midnight or 12pm?

• admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Im in Eastern time. Mine resets at 8pm daily. No cooldown, I have refined 8000 at 7:55 pm then another 8K at 8pm same day.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Reset is always at 0000 Zulu. It has always been exactly that time, same as when the Foundry loot cap resets.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • elessymelessym Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The info is correct. If yours has reset at a different time, that's a bug. Since the Dil was added, mine has reset at the same time every day (1AM GMT). :)
    Will have to do some actual testing myself, but wouldn't it make more sense for it to be midnight or 12pm?

Yes, he is wrong, it resets at 00:00 GMT. He's probably on BST right now, which is GMT+1.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It translates to 12AM UK time as well :)

Edit: oops didn't read above post. ;)
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

edited August 2013
    elessym wrote: »
    Yes, he is wrong, it resets at 00:00 GMT. He's probably on BST right now, which is GMT+1.

I am in BST just now, which is GMT +1 indeed. But even when we're on GMT I've always thought it was 1AM... I must be imagining things if you're all saying it's not, I just always thought that haha.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • syseugenesyseugene Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013

It Is already set to midnight or 12pm. :)

Just a matter of WHOSE midnight / 12pm.....

I can confirm it resets at 0800 +8GMT for me
  • topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

He's incorrect. It's 1am UK time (GMT+1) while we're on Summer Time (BST). Like, for instance, now.

It's midnight when we're on normal time (GMT)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
    edited August 2013
    topset wrote: »
    He's incorrect. It's 1am UK time (GMT+1) while we're on Summer Time (BST). Like, for instance, now.

It's midnight when we're on normal time (GMT)

Yeah that was already pointed out lol. I think I'm going mad as I always thought it was still 1 AM even in the winter. Clearly I only pay attention to the clock during the summer haha.
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It's 5PM PST for me, I assume someone hits the restart button on the way out of Cryptics office........
  • kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    My cap just reset at exactly 7 pm CT.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]