test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Viva Star Trek Las Vegas! Preview (August 1, 2013 Update)

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited August 2013 in Galactic News Network [PC]
If you're heading to the Star Trek Las Vegas (STLV) convention next week, read more for everything you need to know about STO's presence there.

Click here to read more.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• jimpa79jimpa79 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Not sure what to say really... Why not give all players the same chance to obtain that Duty Officer, I mean I live in Sweden and cant just go to Las Vegas just to get the item... I dont care about the title tho... Still sad...
    STO Veteran and Monthly Subscriber since day 1 (release).
    Closed & Opened BETA player.
  • reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,172 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    jimpa79 wrote: »
    Not sure what to say really... Why not give all players the same chance to obtain that Duty Officer, I mean I live in Sweden and cant just go to Las Vegas just to get the item... I dont care about the title tho... Still sad...

All players do have the same chance. The items are a reward for attending a Star Trek Convention, they give them away to anyone who visits a Star Trek convention. When the Star Trek Convention is held where the STO dev Team doesn't go Brandon will post allowing STO Players who post a photo of themselves at the Star Trek Convention in question, and then provide them with the codes to get the Rewards.

If you are not willing to attend a Star Trek Convention, you do not get the Star Trek Convention reward, no do you deserve to get it.
  • jake477jake477 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Sweet, id interested to see what the veterans say about all the new stuff from JJ which pretty good but you can't beat the classics these guys where in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"
  • seannewboyseannewboy Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You really should have a Risian Dance Party for the Cos players.
    New home of the Romulan Republic.
    I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
    I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
    I find the drama of your signature proof of your immaturity, this means you, DR whiners.
  • jimpa79jimpa79 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    How can the situation be equal for me that lives on the opposite side of the globe then for those living in Las Vegas or neighboring cities ?

Its, shall we say "a little" harder for me to attend an event over thousand of miles away, so why dont you take your respond and put it somewhere safe and pretend you never said that.

reximuz wrote: »
    All players do have the same chance. The items are a reward for attending a Star Trek Convention, they give them away to anyone who visits a Star Trek convention. When the Star Trek Convention is held where the STO dev Team doesn't go Brandon will post allowing STO Players who post a photo of themselves at the Star Trek Convention in question, and then provide them with the codes to get the Rewards.

If you are not willing to attend a Star Trek Convention, you do not get the Star Trek Convention reward, no do you deserve to get it.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
    STO Veteran and Monthly Subscriber since day 1 (release).
    Closed & Opened BETA player.
  • twelve12345twelve12345 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I agree, they did decide to give ALL players the reward for the Beta-Test for Legacy of Romulus, but this gift only applies to people who went there.

Kinda measuring with two spoons.
    I work, and I just cannot pack up and leave to go to Las vegas (not to mention I need a Visa to enter the US and that is a hassle in it's own right)

They should just give all players the Holo Leeta, and the people who really went to the convention the title and maybe 200 Zen coins or something.
  • valdepessumirevaldepessumire Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Does anyone want to do me a huge favor and grab an extra flyer and mail me the code? Its a tad unfair that rewards are available for people who attend these conventions, when in stuck in the UK with none of them about and no ability to travel more than 20 miles at a time.

• vocmcpvocmcp Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Does anyone want to do me a huge favor and grab an extra flyer and mail me the code? Its a tad unfair that rewards are available for people who attend these conventions, when in stuck in the UK with none of them about and no ability to travel more than 20 miles at a time.

Same here. Thanks!
  • stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Same here too, please!!!
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf
    That's quite the paradox, how could you nerf nerf when the nerf is nerfed. But how would the nerf be nerfed when the nerf is nerfed? This allows the nerf not to be nerfed since the nerf is nerfed? But if the nerf isn't nerfed, it could still nerf nerfs. But as soon as the nerf is nerfed, the nerf power is lost. So paradoxally it the nerf nerf lost its nerf, while it's still nerfed, which cannot be because the nerf was unable to nerf.

I call it, the Stoutes paradox.
  • ravinravin Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    jimpa79 wrote: »
    How can the situation be equal for me that lives on the opposite side of the globe then for those living in Las Vegas or neighboring cities ?

Its, shall we say "a little" harder for me to attend an event over thousand of miles away, so why dont you take your respond and put it somewhere safe and pretend you never said that.

Because conventions aren't only held in America, they are held in Europe. I got mine by attending a con in New Jersey, hardly a neighboring city to Las Vegas.

Why do these arguments always come up? We're talking about a blue quality DOff and a title, hardly game changing.
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

• otisnobleotisnoble Member Posts: 1,290 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Will Capt Kiki be there?
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
    edited August 2013
    ravin wrote: »
    Because conventions aren't only held in America, they are held in Europe. I got mine by attending a con in New Jersey, hardly a neighboring city to Las Vegas.

Why do these arguments always come up? We're talking about a blue quality DOff and a title, hardly game changing.

Because I do not see free giveaways at European conventions being posted here all the time.

That's why.

Come to Europe for a big convention, and give your EU congoers a free thing.
  • ravinravin Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Because I do not see free giveaways at European conventions being posted here all the time.

That's why.

Come to Europe for a big convention, and give your EU congoers a free thing.

If you post here that a convention that has a Star Trek presense is being held in your area, and you ask nicely if the boff will be available, you may get a response. See, the devs don't know about every convention being held in the world, especially if it's not being run by Creation.
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

edited August 2013
    ravin wrote: »
    If you post here that a convention that has a Star Trek presense is being held in your area, and you ask nicely if the boff will be available, you may get a response. See, the devs don't know about every convention being held in the world, especially if it's not being run by Creation.

I might do that, I hope they will grace us with their presence, AND a nice gift to boot :D
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited August 2013
    otisnoble wrote: »
    Will Capt Kiki be there?

She really wanted to, but she won't be out in Vegas this this year, unfortunately :( She sends her regards and "\\//_"s!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=