test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (August 1, 2013) [Complete!]

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited August 2013 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday, August 1st, at 7AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to last for 3 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• supergaminggeeksupergaminggeek Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ugh, finally! I hated seeing the Aquarius inflate when it left my mission pod!

And seeing the preset costume options is a big help. I hated having to check Blackavaar's guide every time I needed to make a change.
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Does this mean that my fighters won't fly off to the opposite side of the map and attack random things while ignoring my commands in STFs now? I can only dream...

And it looks like the tailor is starting to get a little bit of much needed love. It has a long, long way to go but seeing adjustments to it starting to come down is a very good thing. Good show.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2013
    So what's the hidden patches this week? :P
    Tour the Galaxy: Some mission timers were set to start on completion of a mission rather on start, they are all set to start on completion of the mission.

Could you clarify what this means please? It starts our saying that the timers which began at the start of the mission were correct but then goes on to say they've all been changed to start at completion of the mission... :S
    Several issues with proper fit of the Romulan Veteran Female Jacket have been resolved.

Any chance we can get the issues with the standard Rom and Reman clothing which have been in game since the launch of LoR sorted? I don't like seeing my shoulder blades poking through my uniforms every time I aim my weapon and or crouch.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Im glad to see these fixes being made. I'm sure the Carrier owner will be pleased. I don't have one yet, but that is a future ship to own.

As for the costumes, glad to see this as well. As it helps me out better when there is a theme already there. And I just make some adjustments for my needs. They are really helpful to me.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • mrlizardomrlizardo Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    "Turret Fabrication IV will now correctly fabricate a Tier 4 Turret when used by a Romulan Player."
    Goody! Now I get to dust her off for some ground STFs!
    sarkasmo_by_spacepope13-d9rcbjs.jpg

"You seem to have gotten some of your blood in my raktajino. This is unfortunate."
  • megtrekkiemegtrekkie Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    all well and good im just waiting to see if anything else messes up after patch it better not coz last weeks patch was a pain also cryptic when you goin to sort out past bugs and fixes it seems like you forgot about it like for instance one hit kill for the Borg NPCs etc :mad:
  • sneyepersneyeper Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Could you clarify what this means please? It starts our saying that the timers which began at the start of the mission were correct but then goes on to say they've all been changed to start at completion of the mission... :S

I have no idea what it means, and the devs didn't seem too interested in answering this question in the Tribble notes. I ran the Tour though on Tribble with this change and there was no difference between Tour on Holodeck and Tour on Tribble - absolutely no difference at all.
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2013
    sneyeper wrote: »
    I have no idea what it means, and the devs didn't seem too interested in answering this question in the Tribble notes. I ran the Tour though on Tribble with this change and there was no difference between Tour on Holodeck and Tour on Tribble - absolutely no difference at all.

LoL so it's a "Removed Herobrine" equivalent then?
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Andorian phaser weapons have had their audio updated to sound more unique.

If they don't sound like the ones seen on Enterprise, I will be very disappointed. And I hope Cryptic didn't change the AP sounds in the last patch to give them to the Andorian weapons, because that would be even worse...
  • tazurensavulentazurensavulen Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I wish this patch allowed the I.R.W. prefix to be used on the Daeinos Warbird Destroyer.
    signature_for_kerbal_space_program_by_lord_inu_hanyou-dbhp8de.png
    [06/16 11:51] [Combat (Self)] Your Advanced Dual Heavy Radiant Antiproton Cannons - Hypercharge deals 237970 (113626) Antiproton Damage(Critical) to Tactical Cube.
    AHAHAHA! Eat it Borg!
    [09/15 11:01] [Combat (Self)] You lose 12187085 Cold Damage from Death.
    Death is OP, please nerf. I BLAME KURLAND FOR THIS!
  • ak255ak255 Member Posts: 317 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Players that have had issues purchasing Spiral Wave Disruptors, Jem'Hadar Attack Pets, or any other limited item should no longer experience these issues.

Does that include being able to buy the Jem'Hadar Attack Pets WITHOUT having to have both the Dreadnought and Attack Ship, and only needing the Dreadought? Because I don't see why you would need both, especially since the only way to get the Attack Ship atm is through the Exchange for like 400 million EC.
  • velbuzdvelbuzd Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    *Server Stability Updates*
    mhm I am scared, last time after server update my game crashed about a hundred times.
    I hope to finally be able to buy advanced stalker fighters for my atrox.
  • allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 735 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    And still nothing for the Gamma Orionis Defender accolade.
  • mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday, August 1st, at 7AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to last for 3 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team

Fingers crossed that you won't break the game again for me. Still no info on a way to convert surplus favors, pearls or eggs in to something useful after the event ends. Like we could after the Winter event ended.
  • captainbaileycaptainbailey Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    with all these "fixes" they need to do to the carrier pets to make them "work" it would have been better to just leave them as they were. What happened to the old adage, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". forgot its cryptic, if its good for the player then it must not be working as intended.
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    wot ever happened to fixing old bugs there just like adding more fixing half of the new ones there add n ignoring the rest bad showing i did play this game daily but not any more STOP ADDING NEW STUFF N GET THE OLD BUGS FIXED THAT ARE NOW FEATURES OF THE GAME
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • heiligewombatheiligewombat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Please delete
  • crimpson7crimpson7 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    what about the omega Force Mk XI costume? I am a romulan and i cannot wear it
    The Wildcards Fleet =/\=
    Admiral T'Vanto of the I.R.W. Dreaded Balerion (Scimitar Dreadnought Warbird) "Burn them All!"
    Admiral Atraxis of the U.S.S. Daskalogiannis (Avenger class Cruiser) "I am Iron Cat!"
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Andorian phaser weapons have had their audio updated to sound more unique.

Oh please tell me they go B-B-B-B-BRRRRRRR! when you fire them...
    The Aquarius should no longer appear at 4 times its intended size when launched from an Odyssey.

Awww, that's no fun. I was hoping for the coming of the Age of Aquarius...
    Klingon Allied Romulans can now replicate Holographic Duty Officers if they have attained the requisite Commendation rank.

I have a Romulan that has been waiting to use his Replicatior to create Emergency _____ Hologram doffs, too. Now that Diplomatic Immunity and Raiding Party are useless, it will be nice to at least get the doffs from the Commendation ranks...
    Turret Fabrication IV will now correctly fabricate a Tier 4 Turret when used by a Romulan Player.

WOW, that is a really bad bug... glad you are fixing it.
    Tour the Galaxy: Some mission timers were set to start on completion of a mission rather on start, they are all set to start on completion of the mission.

...Wait, if the timer starts on completion, and the "exploit" the timer was supposed to "fix" was short-Touring... doesn't this mean we are now being encouraged to drop the mission before completion? Or was that not the "exploit" being "fixed"? :confused:
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • kajofolfkajofolf Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    And still nothing for the Gamma Orionis Defender accolade.

And still nothing for the Klingon Tailor Bugs even when the obviously worked on the tailor.
    It's like talking to walls here.
  • bradchristopher1bradchristopher1 Member Posts: 307
    edited August 2013
    So what's the hidden patches this week? :P

it means your 4 hour cooldown period begins when you complete the race now, not when you started it. which means more time before you can replay it for another 350k ec.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ak255 wrote: »
    Does that include being able to buy the Jem'Hadar Attack Pets WITHOUT having to have both the Dreadnought and Attack Ship, and only needing the Dreadought? Because I don't see why you would need both, especially since the only way to get the Attack Ship atm is through the Exchange for like 400 million EC.

Dev already said JHAS pet requirements themselves would not change. So, no.

P.S. Pisses me off royally too, as I bought a Jem Dreadnought, thinking I'd have access to JHAS pets (yes, ppl will undoubtedly say I should have checked first; but I wasn't checking to get Elite Tholian Mesh weavers either, to see whether I might perchance have needed another 400+ mil ship as well). But there it is.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • amahoodamahood Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I Really like what I'm seeing for these updates today ! And also happy to see a continual update with the Foundry as well !!!

So far, since the last update , the Foundry has Not crashed on me Once while working with it!! :)

Which has never happened before, since I started using it.

Another thing I'm Happy about is to see that the costume presets will now include alot of the costumes from the zen store ! This makes things Alot easier for me when I go to the Tailor, since I own alot of the those costumes.

(Though I do hope that series One of the Next Generation costumes will be added, I had bought that one and haven't bothered getting the other one cause I don't see the point, since I already have season one, which I like better).

Anyhow, keep up the Great work! And Thank You STO Team for all Your Hard Work!

God Bless You All. And Live Long
    and Prosper!!!!
  • decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    For the next update to hanger pets can we please have them stay at max effective weapon distance. At the moment they get so close that the avoiding exploding ships part is a tad useless.
  • fabinoudu73fabinoudu73 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Dev already said JHAS pet requirements themselves would not change. So, no.

P.S. Pisses me off royally too, as I bought a Jem Dreadnought, thinking I'd have access to JHAS pets (yes, ppl will undoubtedly say I should have checked first; but I wasn't checking to get Elite Tholian Mesh weavers either, to see whether I might perchance have needed another 400+ mil ship as well). But there it is.

Main reason I bought the jem dread. Thought I could have JHAS pets. And there is no logical reason to have the playable JHAS to buy the hangar pets, I don't even know how to qualify this kind of stupidness from patheticryptic.
  • noshufflenoshuffle Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Can we have also a solution to prevent that, when the user issues certain commands, his/hers ship starts to target the freshly launched Romulan Hyper Plasma Torpedoes or pets. Happens frequently that the selected main target isn't no longer aimed when you use, for example, the tactical team and that your ship is starting to aim towards your own "spawn". :rolleyes:
    OK, if I have to stay here for a while, your cieling ... looks idious.:D
  • martin1970giesenmartin1970giesen Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    decronia wrote: »
    For the next update to hanger pets can we please have them stay at max effective weapon distance. At the moment they get so close that the avoiding exploding ships part is a tad useless.

I would also be happy if they will fix my elite drones (scimitar).
    After the last patch they don't use there Bo3 & Faw3 anymore.
    Keybind: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=9355971&postcount=463
    Bone1970 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac.
    Bone Trader don't belief in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac.
    Bone2 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. KDF Eng.
    Warning: Not a native English-speaker, sorry if my English sucks.
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    kajofolf wrote: »
    And still nothing for the Klingon Tailor Bugs
    Klingon bugs don't get fixed unless they affect the FEDs as well. You should get used to it by now.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    **Server stability**

Shields up, arm weapons, take us to Red Alert.

This sets off alarm bells after what happened last time.

You are better off not doing these stability "updates", as they are more likely to cause more problems than they fix..
  • spacebreederspacebreeder Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    as useal more kack updates instead of new stuff that's wasn't needed just yet

but NO BUG FIXES OF OUT STANDING BUGS FROM LOR PATCH
This discussion has been closed.