test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ship customization

kyleurichkyleurich Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Federation Discussion
Two requests...

1. Fleet Miranda class and make it pimp like the excelsior!

2. This is just an idea, but I think it would be sweet if you could piece together your fed ship using pieces from any ship you own. I never really thought of it until I saw a kit bash model that some one put together and it looked freakin awesome! It was the style of the Miranda class but with a saucer from a soverien class and it looked wicked. Yes I am a gamer that suffers from virtual vanity syndrome...:D. Just picture the Cheyenne class with Regent nacells! Oh yeah, Oh yeah...
Post edited by kyleurich on

Comments

• dknight0001dknight0001 Member Posts: 1,542
    edited July 2013
    kyleurich wrote: »
    Two requests...

1. Fleet Miranda class and make it pimp like the excelsior!

2. This is just an idea, but I think it would be sweet if you could piece together your fed ship using pieces from any ship you own. I never really thought of it until I saw a kit bash model that some one put together and it looked freakin awesome! It was the style of the Miranda class but with a saucer from a soverien class and it looked wicked. Yes I am a gamer that suffers from virtual vanity syndrome...:D. Just picture the Cheyenne class with Regent nacells! Oh yeah, Oh yeah...

#1 Makes sense to make a 130 year old patrol boat as powerful as the Sovereign. There is no logical reason for a Fleet Nova to exist let alone a Fleet Miranda.

#2 Developers have already said this is not possible in the game engine.
    I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001. :confused:
    If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
    When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
  • chance74chance74 Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    #2 would be nice. I would say restrict to to ship components that you own.

For example, if I don't have the regent, I shouldn't be able to put regent pylons on my Excelsior (I know... strange example).
  • misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Here is why #2 would be an immeasurably f***ing stupid idea:

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/5508/0un4.jpg
  • kyleurichkyleurich Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    misterde3 wrote: »
    Here is why #2 would be an immeasurably f***ing stupid idea:

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/5508/0un4.jpg

Wow nothing like keeping your mind IN the box and showing the community your intelligence level. I will point out that your opinion has been noted and disregarded as ignorant vomit. :eek:

The point is to be able to take the ships you own and design your own ship. If you so choose to build one like the above link then more power to you, however that does look ridiculous and I'm sure they would add scaling. As posted above by DK it is apparent that this has been brought up before and is not something that can be done with this engine so it is rather a moot point.
  • misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    kyleurich wrote: »
    Wow nothing like keeping your mind IN the box and showing the community your intelligence level. I will point out that your opinion has been noted and disregarded as ignorant vomit. :eek:

The point is to be able to take the ships you own and design your own ship. If you so choose to build one like the above link then more power to you, however that does look ridiculous and I'm sure they would add scaling. As posted above by DK it is apparent that this has been brought up before and is not something that can be done with this engine so it is rather a moot point.

Funny that you have declared yourself to be "the community".:rolleyes:
    I also looked for any mentioning of the word "scaling" in your post and didn't find it hence the example to show that it is a good idea to actually think an idea through before posting it on the forums.
    But my guess is that since this post does not agree with "the community" (=you) it shall be disregarded as well.
  • kyleurichkyleurich Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    misterde3 wrote: »
    Funny that you have declared yourself to be "the community".:rolleyes:
    I also looked for any mentioning of the word "scaling" in your post and didn't find it hence the example to show that it is a good idea to actually think an idea through before posting it on the forums.
    But my guess is that since this post does not agree with "the community" (=you) it shall be disregarded as well.

Do you have to be told to use a toilet or do you just go where you stand? The power of assumption can be both bad and favorable depending on how its used. Like assuming it is better to use the toilet = scaling would be implied in any design model as it is a visual skin and the size is by no means unchangeable.

As for my self being "The community", you make another assumption which is incorrect. However, your colorful "criticisim", has the taint of either youthful social ignorance or a mind that is hindered by stunted development which is quite noticeable to anyone in the community who reads this though this is just my assumption. :P
  • anundrranundrr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Meh, I'm going to say I'm not fond of either.

1, because...well just no. Don't do it.

2, It'd be kind of cool I suppose. But classes of ships are classes of ships for a reason, they may have some differences but share the same basic features, layout, structure, similar components and, as an extension of that, look. Being able to frankenship would just lead to all manner of sillyness.