test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Over all Ability activation and Ground combat

kyleurichkyleurich Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I recently returned to STO after being gone for a few years and was very much surprised and excited about all the changes that were made. I have since been having a outstanding time playing STO.

A few things, though not deal breakers, that could use a little love.

1. Ability activation: This is for both ground and space. Ability activation still feels clunky, for example, there are many times when I have to hit an ability multiple times to get it to fire off. This is a small annoyance, however it is an annoyance none the less.

2. The flow of overall ground combat feels anything but fluid(didn't want to use clunky twice, but it is the best discriptional word for the feel). Much of this comes from poor ability activation response both in skills and abilities like dodge.

Space combat is very fluid and has a good feel to it minus the ability activation performance.

Thanks for all your hard work. I played in beta and for about 6 months after before stopping due to bugs and lack of content. Since I have come back I have had nothing but a great time!
Post edited by kyleurich on

Comments

• mewmaster101mewmaster101 Member Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    kyleurich wrote: »
    I recently returned to STO after being gone for a few years and was very much surprised and excited about all the changes that were made. I have since been having a outstanding time playing STO.

A few things, though not deal breakers, that could use a little love.

1. Ability activation: This is for both ground and space. Ability activation still feels clunky, for example, there are many times when I have to hit an ability multiple times to get it to fire off. This is a small annoyance, however it is an annoyance none the less.

2. The flow of overall ground combat feels anything but fluid(didn't want to use clunky twice, but it is the best discriptional word for the feel). Much of this comes from poor ability activation response both in skills and abilities like dodge.

Space combat is very fluid and has a good feel to it minus the ability activation performance.

Thanks for all your hard work. I played in beta and for about 6 months after before stopping due to bugs and lack of content. Since I have come back I have had nothing but a great time!

1. pretty sure it is a small bug, you will get used to it eventually or hopefully they might fix it soon.

2. yeah, ground combat was never really Cryptics main priority and you can tell.

Anyway, Welcome back
  • johnny1051johnny1051 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    kyleurich wrote: »

Have you tried using key binds? There are some great tutorials around the forum and web. I swear by them now. Fly by mouse, abilities by spacebar.

Happy Hunting!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kyleurichkyleurich Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thanks its good to be back! I will give the key binding a go and see if that helps and will keep fingers crossed that cryptic will give ground combat some love.