test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Community Floater Hide and Seek Event - August 1st - 2 Timeslots (BST and PDT/EDT)

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
Hi Captains!

I am organizing an in-game (Holodeck) Community Floater Hide and Seek Event for this coming Thursday.

The first timeslot will be at 8pm BST/ Noon PDT/ 3pm EDT. (Click here to view in your timezone)

The second timeslot will be at 5pm PDT/ 8pm EDT/ 1am BST. (Click here to view in your timezone)

Make your way to Risa then and get ready for some fun in the air, and don't forget your floaters! Please join the RedAlert chat channel to see any communication from myself. Type this command in your chat bar to join the channel: /channel_join RedAlert

If you can't make it Thursday, I would like to try and do these often, and on different days/ times. Feel free to post constructive feedback in here with ideas, including if you would like to see this expanded to other types of events (STFs, PvP, PvE, Foundry, Fleet Actions etc.).

I hope to see many of you on Thursday!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• Options
    lolsuphelmqrikerlolsuphelmqriker Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yes! I've been curious about doing a Hide-and-Seek for a while now, so to hear that you're making a community event of this is rather exciting! I shall try my best to reach the event.
    Gorn Hegemony Best Faction MW 2410
    playable balaur when?

• Options
    generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited July 2013
    I'll be there! in my main!

@comrademoco
  • Options
    kodaikodai Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I hope to see many of you on Thursday!

Sorry but I work in the afternoons to evening time Mon-Fri. If you had this on the weekend, or like 7am PDT, then I would be there.:(
  • Options
    darthgranicdarthgranic Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Instance limits I notice limit people from participating the community events. You have 100 people trying hang out with Bran but the instance can only hold 19 more people. Increase the limit or get more facilitators
  • Options
    thelastlegatethelastlegate Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    might want to fix the roof on the hotel first its possible to fall into the hotel currently and stand in an invisible "sky box"
  • Options
    tomtomhoteptomtomhotep Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I can make both timeslots!

Can you tell us something about how this event will work?

---
    Vice Admiral Tobal
    Federation Ambassador
  • Options
    deltas6deltas6 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    awesome !.. at least I'm off that day i will make it to the event on time :D
  • Options
    idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'll be there. :)
    signwidrona.png
  • Options
    chaosuk83chaosuk83 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    idrona wrote: »
    I'll be there. :)
    Dammit! I won't.... Always when I am either on a late shift, or when I am in bed...or when I am on a day shift!
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    cool, sounds fun. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    red01999red01999 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I must agree with the prior comment that more facilitators - or a larger limit on your zone - would be most helpful, Brandon. You're just too darn popular. :D

That said I think there's a lot of room for GMs to run events like this, and it would open up even more if you got some of the devs to add a few features here and there to help with this. So while I don't know that I'll jump in on this one, I think it'd be awesome if you did more of these!
  • Options
    ghastlygigglerghastlygiggler Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well history has proven events like this tend to be more frustration than fun, so sorry, think I'm gonna pass.
  • Options
    l9of20l9of20 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What exactly is the reward going to be? Dilithium? Multi-Marks? Or just some kind of "random" item?
    C&C of the Federation Outsiders
  • Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    l9of20 wrote: »
    What exactly is the reward going to be? Dilithium? Multi-Marks? Or just some kind of "random" item?

Having fun and a break from the grindy monotony.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Instance limits I notice limit people from participating the community events. You have 100 people trying hang out with Bran but the instance can only hold 19 more people. Increase the limit or get more facilitators

This is a good point and something that is important -- with Risa having a larger instance population cap, I am hoping we don't run into an issue. The plan is for us all to switch to the instance with the lowest population shortly after the event timeslot starts, and before we take to the skies.
    kodai2 wrote: »
    Sorry but I work in the afternoons to evening time Mon-Fri. If you had this on the weekend, or like 7am PDT, then I would be there.:(

I have worked some weekends in the past and ran an event or 2 then, so I will definitely try and coordinate that in the future when I'm working on a weekend. Sorry that this one didn't work out.
    l9of20 wrote: »

Like my other Community Events, there is no "physical" reward for attending. We're there to all hang out and have some fun.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    The BST timeslot of the event will be starting in just 30 minutes! Hope to see you on Risa then!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The BST timeslot of the event will be starting in just 30 minutes! Hope to see you on Risa then!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Yes, but you won't see me. :P
    signwidrona.png
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    The PDT/ EDT timeslot of the event will be starting in just 30 minutes! Hope to see you on Risa then!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    kimonykimony Member Posts: 571 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I was thinking for next year, PVP Hide and Seek, 5 person teams, queue and premade with the winners getting a bonus prize on top of the participatory prize all would get for playing.

:)

Or maybe it could run in the off-season as a daily mission so Risa won't be so deserted after the summer event.

Oh, and thanks for a fun summer event!

#SaucersForever #TrianglesCutDeep #TeamBeta #ShipOneisNumberOne
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Thanks to everyone who made it out to the event today! I was found multiple times :eek:

Hope to see you at the next one!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
This discussion has been closed.