test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

old ships and bridge crew

owenfelix69owenfelix69 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
i am interested to know what other players do with their old ships and bridge crew

I have made comments before about ways to use your old ships and bridge crew (without deleting current ones), so was wondering what other players do or if anyone has any thought about what to do with them
Post edited by owenfelix69 on

Comments

• alriksteralrikster Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Execute for incompetence!
  • ajm1067ajm1067 Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    alrikster wrote: »
    Execute for incompetence!

Now that's just ageist. Kindly leave the forum... :P
    NewMixedCrest.jpg?width=350&height=170
    McVittie's Marauders - The House of Arrgh
    Website
    Discord
    I absolutely, positively, will not create more characters in STO now that I have five six seven eight nine ten!
    McVittie/Saren/Arrgh Son of Jahn/Taev Dar/Professor Moriarty/Mia/Vittie/Vidtana'Clan/Suram/Sarela
  • seanftdseanftd Member Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I believe there should be done better way than leaving them to clog up space for no reason .
    Maybe we should have reason to keep out older ships and unused crew, maybe assign so e doffs to older ships and sending them off to do stuff would be an idea.
  • jenel79jenel79 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well, my old ships stay in Space Dock, where I can load them up with ship sets I'm not using to save on bank space.

As for Boffs. I'm still using the crew I got as a Lieutenant. My first officer is the Andorian Female Tactical officer I got from the tutorial, my Science officer is the Trill Female I got from pretty much my first mission and so on.

I'm attached to these guys, they've been with me from the start, so when I get a new ship, my bridge crew comes with me. Now of course over the years a common Boff won't cut it so I simply save their look in the tailor, buy a Very Rare version of whatever they are and then get rid of the old one, copy their look over to the new one and give them the same name.

I've even "promoted" some of my crew and moved them over to an alt character, for example, a Boff who was only a "lieutenant" on my crew is now a Commander and first officer on my alt char.
  • earlnyghthawkearlnyghthawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yeah, I wish there was more of a use for unused ships and such.
    But I do tend to keep them, call it nostalgia. Bridge officers, not so much, I try to get prurples, but once I have them, I tend to keep them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    butcher suspect, "What'd you hit me with?"
    Temperance Brennan, "A building"
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    My old ships really do nothing XD I just have them sit there and collect dust since I don't feel the need to play anything beside T5 ships - the game's just no fun with those.

My Boffs are, as two other posters said already, my original crew like I got them. I also never changed their appearance aside from the uniform and maybe haircut, everything else is the way the game assigned them to me and I'm quite attached to them - yes, they are green and white boffs aside from my first officer and second toon (one "character") that's a caitian, she's purple of course (being c-store only).

EDIT: Regarding DOFFs - I really don't care about them. I just recently began to "upgrade" them to green status and I got a few lucky blue and purple ones from random assignments, but the majority is still white since the DOFF trading card game kinda bores me. A lot. XD
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • owenfelix69owenfelix69 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    one of my thoughts was when you call for fleet support one of these ships could come to your aid, if that ship get destroyed while helping you maybe put a 24hr cool down time on it....

or you can select ships to store in ur fleet start base, even hve them patrol the star base area
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    My Doffs for my Fed apart from the Jem Hadar my borg boff and klingon are the ones I got during the beginning of the game
    My first Officer is still a common Boff my medical officer is a uncommon boilian and I have a rare vulcan engineer.
    I need to change them but I have got quite attached to them as we have been on a lot of missions together.

on my KDF there almost all purple except for my Orion engineer who is blue
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2013
    What if you could actually assign your Boffs to do jobs, for example, you have a first officer, have then take the ship while you down on ESD, or order them to maintain the ship in orbit and conduct repairs and so on.
  • kirk201okirk201o Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What about posting selected boffs onto a fleet star base.
  • alikainalikain Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This why I suggested long ago, that Bridge officer need to go on a course, or get transfer to take up posting somewhere in other for the to advance rarety, learn new skills and trait change to fit the Rarety. This way we would not have to be Searching the auction house for the rare bridge officer. This shouldn't come without a price. The higher the Rarety the more you have to spend your EC.
    "You ask why we give our ships computer normal emotions. Do you really want a warship incapable of loyalty?"
    edited July 2013
    alikain wrote: »
    This why I suggested long ago, that Bridge officer need to go on a course, or get transfer to take up posting somewhere in other for the to advance rarety, learn new skills and trait change to fit the Rarety. This way we would not have to be Searching the auction house for the rare bridge officer. This shouldn't come without a price. The higher the Rarety the more you have to spend your EC.

Ya know i actually like the sound of that, if im reading it right lol.
    Stick them on a training course, similar to the doff system, where it takes say 45 mins to 24 hours depending what course , and costs you credit for fund the course.
    Id buy into tht idea, good thinking.
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Dismiss the old BOFFS (or train them up) and old ships come in handy for storing old gear sets and weapons.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • stevedudemanstevedudeman Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I always thought that Doffs and Boffs should be interchangeable for things like this. Promote Doffs to Boffs and demote Boffs, etc. Doffs could be Boffs on your unused ships and then those ships can go on side missions, raids, etc. I know it would be a lot of trouble to implement this but it would give your old ships something to do...
  • sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm amazed my bridge crew doesn't bring me up on charges for forcing them to undergo mandatory breast and hip size enlargement after coming aboard. :eek:
    edited July 2013
    sonnikku wrote: »
    I'm amazed my bridge crew doesn't bring me up on charges for forcing them to undergo mandatory breast and hip size enlargement after coming aboard. :eek:

Probably because the number or captains doing this means there is to long of wait list to get the court case open lol
  • earlnyghthawkearlnyghthawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    one of my thoughts was when you call for fleet support one of these ships could come to your aid, if that ship get destroyed while helping you maybe put a 24hr cool down time on it....

or you can select ships to store in ur fleet start base, even hve them patrol the star base area

The Fleet base patrol would be kinda cool, add a little life to them, while using current active members' ships as a background element.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    butcher suspect, "What'd you hit me with?"
    Temperance Brennan, "A building"
  • onyxheart1onyxheart1 Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    well maybe in the future we can promote our old boffs and ships into some form of fleet to call upon for aid in combat, sort of like the fleet support ability now

could keep your old ships around and equip them with gear and set Boffs into slots, then when you want you can permanently remove that ship and those Boffs to assign them to your fleet command. Then they get added to the ships able to be called by a new ability, maybe call it Priority Fleet Support or Admiralty Distress Call idk. but those ships would be any ship you promote in such a way, with those Boffs you slotted and the gear you had equipped on it at the time.

a few rules though to make it not completely OP, no universal consoles, max of one set (Omega, MACO, KHG, Romulan, etc.; means shield/deflector/engine /OR/ 2 weapon and console; not both sets) or you can't promote the ship; high cooldown on the ability, say 10 minutes (i've always thought 15 minutes is too long, most matches or STFs don't last more than 20); could link it to the fleet support ability and make it so you have to wait til you're at 70% health too

now with all that said, as for what i usually do with my officers when i don't need them anymore: i dismiss them without much ceremony
    KDF for Life! <3 Romulan at Heart <3 Fed cause they made me ~ :P
    signature-omega.png
    edited August 2013
    out the airlock with my crew, if they dont follo orders;)
    edited August 2013
    Got an idea for your old ships.
    What is we can break the old ships down and use the materials for crafting, ie crafting new engines or sheilds warp core.

Its a solution that gives a use to deomissioned ships and clears up ship slots.
  • scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I would like it if we could flag three of them as support vessels. That way, when you activate the fleet support ability, three of your own ships warp in to help out.

Fleet Support 1 = 1 ship
    Fleet Support 2 = 2 ships
    Fleet Support 3 = 3 ships
    edited August 2013
    ya i like it
    edited August 2013
    i like the idea about crafting also, maybe have it so if you scrap 2 ensign items / ships, then you can refine 1 lieutenant item or ship, this carries on as you go up in rank
  • pingaheadpingahead Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You all have a bunch of "Pie in the Sky" ideas.
    Yet you forget that thr Devs are so busy working on the next thing to charge you money for; that they can't be bothered to fix a grammar error in a mission that has been in game since launch...........

<Just Saying>
    edited August 2013
    if thats what you think then sto will never move forward, and nothing new would get added, id rather have new stuff added to sto than nothing new added apart from changing some spelling mistake....

just saying.....
  • pingaheadpingahead Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You misunderstand me, friend. I'm an LTSer running 15 Toons. I would kill for lots of new stuff. What I am saying is: recent history shows that Dan only allows Dev to work on things that will have a "payoff" in the end for Cryptic.
    edited August 2013
    pingahead wrote: »
    You all have a bunch of "Pie in the Sky" ideas.
    Yet you forget that thr Devs are so busy working on the next thing to charge you money for; that they can't be bothered to fix a grammar error in a mission that has been in game since launch...........

<Just Saying>

Theres no harm in us all debating the topic and game we play , talking new ideas an so on.
    Why come in here and make a point that has nothing to do with an idea.
    We dont claim the devs will make them.