test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Boffs on the bridge.

garhdogarhdo Member Posts: 31 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Academy
I was just wondering if there was anyway to influence which of your Boffs appear on your starship bridge. I have nine Boffs - 5 for my ship, and 4 for my away team. However whenever I go to my ship I only ever see my away team on the bridge. Is there anyway to see the others? or more than just the four away team members?
Post edited by garhdo on

Comments

• guardianvalourguardianvalour Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The number of crewmembers that appear upon one?s bridge is determined by the bridge itself. Every bridge has not only a set number of officers that will appear, but how many from each division (engineering, science, tactical) that will form the bridge composition of bridge officers.

Typically, officers assigned to man stations on your ships (bridge officer abilities and powers) will be the ones upon the bridge itself. However, one method that used to work (and I believe still does) is train whatever officer it is that you want to appear on the bridge in any skill.

Keep in mind, officers assigned to stations will take priority (that is to say they should appear on the bridge) and there must be officer of the same division of the officer you just trained, who will replace them. (Example: One of the bridge officers appearing on your bridge who is not assigned to a station, is a science officer. The officer you most recently had trained would also have to be a science officer to replace that particular NPC/non-assigned bridge officer.)

Hopefully this was of some help to you.
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The number of crewmembers that appear upon one?s bridge is determined by the bridge itself. Every bridge has not only a set number of officers that will appear, but how many from each division (engineering, science, tactical) that will form the bridge composition of bridge officers.

Typically, officers assigned to man stations on your ships (bridge officer abilities and powers) will be the ones upon the bridge itself. However, one method that used to work (and I believe still does) is train whatever officer it is that you want to appear on the bridge in any skill.

Keep in mind, officers assigned to stations will take priority (that is to say they should appear on the bridge) and there must be officer of the same division of the officer you just trained, who will replace them. (Example: One of the bridge officers appearing on your bridge who is not assigned to a station, is a science officer. The officer you most recently had trained would also have to be a science officer to replace that particular NPC/non-assigned bridge officer.)

he's saying those 4 officers he has set to his away team are on his bridge, not those he has assigned to the stations.

from what i understand its basically luck of the draw, every time you commission a ship its a little random as to which bo's get put on it.
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited July 2013

In theory its like this. If a bridge has, for example, 9 boff stations (you can get maximum number by counting NPCs on the bridge) it wil be filled first with the boffs you assinged for bridge duty (about 5 on a typical max level ship) and second with other unassinged boffs afaik based on when you got them and based on their class and third, if you for example have only "correct" 8 boffs, with unnamed randomly generated boffs.

The Boff stations are class specific. So if the bridge has 3 science stations and you only have 2 science boffs the last bridge spot will be filled with a nonamer NPC.

So much for the theory. The whole system is bugged since LoR, reported several times but is still not even a known issue to cryptic. So don't bother spending any form of currency on boff slots / boffs for the sole reason to fill bridge slots. Curently you will always have uncustomized randoms on several boff stations regardless of how many real boffs you have.
  • garhdogarhdo Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yeah see I'm not getting this. For example on my corvette I am using one of the big bridges, with 9/10 stations. yet on my bridge I can see only my ground team and an assortment of NPC officers. None of my other bridge crew are present. Its a shame as it would be the only place in the game where I could see them all together.
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    garhdo wrote: »
    Yeah see I'm not getting this. For example on my corvette I am using one of the big bridges, with 9/10 stations. yet on my bridge I can see only my ground team and an assortment of NPC officers. None of my other bridge crew are present. Its a shame as it would be the only place in the game where I could see them all together.

Better than me. Right now, none of my ships have more than 1 boff appearing and all the rest of the stations are random NPCs.