What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Elitists!!! please help

wardcaliswardcalis Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
edited July 2013 in Romulan Discussion
http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=transphasictorpscimitar_4234

Scimitar build

I've been enjoying this so far and I was wondering if there was anyway I could improve upon this spec? I pretty much stick to eSTFs.

with this build my power levels typically sit

wep 49/15
shld 87/65
eng 55/15
aux 77/65

before the fleet singularity builds my shields and aux by 12.5 each. I don't use my singularity powers much preferring to sit on the power and keep it for emergencies.

As it stands i don't seem to have much burst damage but I have very high sustained damage and very high survivability. question is can i get burst without adding any beams. I assume the reason i have no burst is that even with 40% shield penetration on most of my attacks i'm not really dropping their shields much and so i'm stuck with lower damage.

EDIT: added the tachyon beam, thanks toby1kanobi
Post edited by wardcalis on

Comments

• Options
    toby1kanobitoby1kanobi Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Looks good for a torp boat although i cant help think a lot of the scimitars abilities are wasted in such a configuration

a torp build will never give you high burst unless you mix in some sci abilities to negate/drop shelds more efficiently then GW or TR

Wish such high aux you should be fine to throw in tachyon beam
  • Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Isn't calling someone "elitist" an insult, because it implies those people consider themselves better than others?:confused:

Anyway for the most part the acronyms should be covered here (with some minor variation)

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=190473

for example TR is a known acronym Tyken's Rift just like TyR is.
  • Options
    aexraelaexrael Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I would personally drop the Omega Plasma Torpedo, Warhead Yield Chamber and Ambiplasma consoles, swap the rear Rapid Reload to fore in place of the Plasma launcher and add two additional Transphasic Compressors.
    Also I would replace HY3 with Spread 3, as most of ESTFs revolves around fighting multiple targets at once.

Alternatively you could swap the Plasma Launcher for a Tricobalt which may be better because you may be facing issues with some of the fore launchers not getting a chance to fire otherwise.
  • Options
    alriksteralrikster Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Does dmg bonus from consoles have diminishing returns?
    If i got 2 +30% damage consoles will my base damage increase by 60%?

If yes why would you use ambiplasma envelope/warhead yield chamber? Since youre running only 1 plasma and the rest transphasics 2 more transphasic consoles would make a lot more sense.

Also, it may be just personal preference but i think the 3piece dreadnought set is not as good as it looks.

The thalaron pulse thingy does laughable damage, especially if you havent specced into particle gens and using 3 of those consoles generally makes you a lot squishier than you might want to be.

This is of course no elitist answer, just a regular players 5 ec.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    imo you should try to find out if youre dealing more damage with plasma torps or transphasic torps and then go all consoles for that. Go big or go home someone once told me.
    If you feel like you do more damage with only 1 plasma torp launcher as opposed to the whole rest of your weapon slots maybe you should completely switch to a plasma torp build?
    There is always 1 optimal choice, tac-consolewise. Either your base dps with transphasics is higher, in which case you should go all transphasics, or your base damage with plasma torps is higher in which case you should go all plasma consoles. Everything in between will lower your dps, because you are boosting the lesser of your damage sources.

I doubt that in the end the omega torp launcher outdamages your transphasics.

Another question/idea i want to toss in is to get rid of the omega launcher and get the hyper plasma launcher instead if you really want to keep a plasma launcher. In the long run its a lot more dps than the omega one as far as i know, since its also affected by projectile doffs as opposed to the omega one.

Next suggestion, you might wanna look into the rule 62 multipurpose combat console from the lobi store. Another 11% damage, free for the taking.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    You're right, cd's might get in conflict on the front launchers if you add more transphasics. The plasma launcher sounds like a good addition.

Still even if you fill up that slot with a plasma torp, your overall dps will benefit more from all transphasics consoles, since thats your main source of damage. Ignoring your main damage source to boost a lesser source is not optimal.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Well its only a 1% chance and if you feel like you can survive well without it id take the hyper launcher.