test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Do people buy/sell Fleet Marks?

viper40wattviper40watt Member Posts: 46 Arc User
I'm curious as I have several characters that I have no interest in joining a fleet that accumulated around 8,000 Fleet Marks.
Post edited by viper40watt on

Comments

• jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited July 2013
    Any fleet will "buy" the fleet marks, just join one and contribute the marks to a project and leave the fleet. You can go to any social zone and say "Looking for a temporary fleet invite to donate 8k fleet marks" and you will probably get quite a few invites.
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
  • johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    in a sense yes.

You can advertise your fleet marks in game (pick a social zone), and interested Fleets may PM you back with an offer (energy credits) if they have projects that need fleet marks.

I've never done it, so I am not sure of the details beyond that.

Be warned selling for anything outside of the game is a big no-no, and you could end up losing your account.

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You can sell Fleet Marks for in game currency only, selling for real money is against the rules and can lead to your account being perma banned.

I do not recommend a social zone, simply because of the sheer amount of random idiotic conversations and a possible nab your handle for spam mail.

Sell them to friends in fleets etc...

asking price per fleet mark is unknown and is negotiable, mainly folks will buy in bulk.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    For a more reliable, safer means of advertising, if you choose to, join "Thetradingchannel". There are occasional buyers and sellers of FMs, and you might find a buyer more reliably.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Would have to discuss with other fleet admins but this would possibly be something our fleet would entertain
    JtaDmwW.png
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It happens, people pay EC for donations sometimes. Another thing I did on Fed chars, was just find a fleet with provisions you need, donate the marks and use the FC to buy weapons/ships, then quit.
  • viper40wattviper40watt Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Perhaps I should have specified in the original post that I was only thinking of selling for EC or in game reward box items, however the idea of trading FM for real money seems so silly that I didn't think of making that point clear.

I'm also not particularly interested in the Rep/Fleet grinds, so wouldn't need to join a fleet to buy weapons/ships.

Jam3s, let me know if you're fleet is interested, and mimey, thanks for the info on Thetradingchannel, I'll have to check it out next time I'm in game.
  • topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    stark2k wrote: »

I do not recommend a social zone, simply because of the sheer amount of random idiotic conversations and a possible nab your handle for spam mail.

Sell them to friends in fleets etc...

asking price per fleet mark is unknown and is negotiable, mainly folks will buy in bulk.

As someone who habitually plays no-win-scenario over and over again because I love the challenge of the only hard bit of PvE content left in this game, I've found I often end up with a huge surplus of fleet marks. I have sold them on occasion, and they sell pretty fast if you offer them in the trading channel.

You're looking at 3-6k per mark for Federation Fleet Marks and 5-10k for KDF fleet marks.

If I offer fleet marks (fed) at 3k each in one of the trading chat channels I usually have a buyer within 30 minutes. Most are only interested in bulk, but you'll be fine with 8k.

The last I sold was 5k for 15m EC (3k/each) because I was desperate for fleet credit so happy to sell them cheap. I found a buyer in under 30 seconds.

I tend to use the fleet credit I get from donating them to buy doffs for my own fleet (We're limited by doffs and dilithium, but have a huge surplus of marks) and pocket the EC for myself.

So yes, people buy and sell marks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
    edited July 2013
    Oh and for the record, you're probably not going to find anyone who's interested in buying less than 2k.

The more marks you have to sell, the more you're likely to get for each mark, simply because bulk fleet mark sellers are so rare - and people are in a hurry to get their huge projects underway.

If you have 2-4k marks don't expect much more than 3/4k EC per mark. If you have 5-20k marks you have much more room to negotiate on price.

Be careful not to get ripped off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • viper40wattviper40watt Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for the tips, I'll try out the trading channel.

All told, between my 4 fleet-less characters, I have about 23,000 Fleet Marks that I'll be selling.
    edited July 2013
    I have no idea why I actually gave you that advice, I don't want people crowding my market space :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
This discussion has been closed.