test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scimitar Crew working as intended?

phadrenphadren Member Posts: 159 Arc User
Out of all my ships the Scimitar crew seems to die off very quickly and stay there making shield regen very slow. Is this how the ship is intended to work, or is there a problem?

If it is working as intended anyone using crew recovery consoles? If so does it help.

Thanks for any responses.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    phalanx01phalanx01 Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    As far as I know it's a bit bugged. Either that or your entire crew is depressed in the extreme and actually commit suicide by jumping out of the nearest airlock when your ship is under attack... at this time I can't tell which of those 2 options is accurate.
  • Options
    alriksteralrikster Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    As far as i know crew only affects the hull repair and not the shield regen.

Also passive hull repair in-combat is so low it does not really matter, thus making crew size/recovery a very negligible stat.

If you ask me, crew-affecting consoles are pretty much the worst choices out there and you should never use them.
  • Options
    jumpingjsjumpingjs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    phalanx01 wrote: »
    As far as I know it's a bit bugged. Either that or your entire crew is depressed in the extreme and actually commit suicide by jumping out of the nearest airlock when your ship is under attack... at this time I can't tell which of those 2 options is accurate.

I usually say "lol" when something is funny but only in my mind (like a quarter of TBBT jokes) , "LOL" when I smile or have a little laugh,

But this deserves more, really funny!

Responding to the OP

When I used my Odyhomessey I thought my crew were getting injured far to quickly ...
    Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
  • Options
    phadrenphadren Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for the responses and it did make me lol about the commit suicide commit, you would think it in a bigger more armored ship the crew would be better shielded from incoming attacks, guess in this case they are not.
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The problem is in the use of kinetic damaging weapons, as they kill or injure a % of alive or active crew. Therefore if a weapon kills or injures 20% of a ships crew each time it hits, well you get the picture when it comes to small crewed ships vs large crewed ones. Also your active crew hull regeneration is lowered during combat when in red alert mode, once a red alert has been lifted your active regeneration goes back up. Active crew will not effect shield regeneration either.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    bareelbareel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Actually the core of the problem has very little to do with the myrid of things that rapidly kill crew.

The problem is every ship, no matter what it's crew size, has the same exact crew heal rate. Combine that with everything crew related being % based and you end up with the ship having the smaller crew tends to keep a higher % because a higher % is regeneration every few seconds and yeah.

TLDR Small ship crew = advantage in STO. Go figure.